Scarefest

JoshC.

I think it has purely been changed from a story point of view.

The Altonville Mine Tours sets the story, rather than entering something called "SKIN SNATCHERS!" Wasn't exactly subtle.

Your going on a mine tour to explore the area that belonged / belongs to the Snatchers, Sounds like something you would expect to see in the real world.

Ghost Tours, Ghost Hunts, all tempt you in with the promise of maybe seeing something, it sells, it adds intrigue. People unaware of the previous name may be tempted more by the mystery.

However, on this tour... you might of wished you weren't

1 hour ago, Cornflakes said:

it had a crap name and logo, now it has a different crap name and logo, nothing of value was lost and nothing of value was gained.

I disagree. like I said above the name adds intrigue whilst also giving you a vague idea of the plot. In essence it's a perfect name without being pretentious and calling it something like "The Mystery of the Mines"

OK so my son has decided he'd like to go to Scarefest this year (he's 12) but will decide at the time if he wants to do the mazes, he's more interested in the atmosphere and rides, so as MAP holders, do we need to pre-book anything?  Is it considered just a regular day?

The reason I ask is my wife had seen a notice on Facebook saying don't turn up if you don't have a pre-booked ticket, so she doesn't want to do a potential four hour drive if there's a chance we won't get in (we plan on going to Warwick Castle too during the trip).  I guess the same applies to the fireworks too?