Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach

James_C

• 4 months later...

(Sorry for the double post)

Been having a look on the Pleasure Beach today and have found some stuff out.

Firstly, the London Bus ride that was new for last year has been removed off of their website so I guess it has been removed.

Pleasure Beach also announced today Easter opening times which are as follows:

They will be opening for the season on Saturday 28th March and will be open 11am - 5pm everyday until Sunday 12th. (they are staying open until 8pm on the bank holiday weekend and open until 6pm on the easter monday)

In addition to this they have posted that they are getting 'Two fantastic Brand New Rides'. They have currently not released any details but they are sure they will become firm favourites.

Sounds like quite a good year for them, depending how good the rides are!

All Information sourced from their website: http://www.pleasure-beach.co.uk/news/new-season-launching-28th-march-2015-25.html

• 1 month later...

Some more information has been released regarding the new rides! The one that will be open from tomorrow when the park reopens is going to be a mini drop tower like Adventure Island are getting. This will be called 'Freefall' not to sure where in the park this is going but I would think it will be going where the Tube Slides were that have now been sold!

The other new ride that will be opening at the start of summer is going to be another spinning coaster. No other details of this have been released yet but its an interesting move from the park to have Two spinning coasters unless the piece of crap Family Star has been removed... 

Along with these two new rides, Pleasure Beach have a new film showing in the 4D cinema called 'The Lost World'. Along with this the Disko was sent off for a refurbishment and has pulled up back onto the park over the last couple of days. The new colours are believed to be Black and Orange. The coaster has also had more of the repaint completed. (the back part by the waltzer) Seems like this fairly small park have spent a fair amount this season.

New season for the park starts tomorrow!

Going to leave this here, shows the park over this closed season. Didn't realise the rides were stripped so far down. Looks like a completely different place over closed season! I have also noticed lots of improvement over the park for this season. Numerous rides have received a well needed paint job including the Yo Yos and the Big Apple Coaster!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASmlxWl_ZE

Going to leave this here, shows the park over this closed season. Didn't realise the rides were striped so far down. Looks like a completely different place over closed season! I have also noticed lots of improvement over the park for this season. Numerous rides have received a well needed paint job including the Yo Yos and the Big Apple Coaster!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASmlxWl_ZE

You'd be surprised at how much work has to take place on heritage rides (such as the Scenic Railway), it's a lot more than you would think.  As a fan of classic coasters I'm very much looking forward to visiting GYPB later in the year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*Sorry for double post*

Pictures of the coaster nearly built up at Pleasure Beach.

Brace yourself for these pictures ....

1610942_936469106373204_6904904862865471

11232718_936469089706539_569965337477149

Personally, I'd rather they kept the drag cars that they removed for this. The track has a nice colour but the cars really do not match the colour scheme. The sign also looks incredibly tacky. Will be interesting to see how this goes down!

Well it marginally better than that other metal coaster thing they have, but it's no Octonauts.

Wasn't the thing they removed some kind of car ride themed around Dellboy or something?

Yeah, until a few seasons back there was also Dellboys yellow van. But this was parked out in the maintenance area for a few seasons now!

Why have I only just realised the topic title spelling mistake?

Also, annoyed I have to return for that thing... Urgh...

I've never been to this place.

Even in the name of 'credits' (a concept I detest) - I will not waste efforts on awful parks!

That said, I would like to go on the wooden coaster.

TBH I think the wooden coaster here is the only major draw to this park (aside from the fairly decent Pleasure Wood Hills & Joyland (with the last Virginia well, snail thing & WGH coaster) within very close distance.

It's a place I really want to go, but aside from the woodie, it would be just for creds.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great day here!  The wooden coaster is great fun, Evolution is my new favourite flat ride (taking over from Slammer), and I really enjoyed everything else.  I know it's not exactly theme park quality, but it's an amusement park, and doesn't pretend to be anything else.  It was great to see a park which still takes advantage of a token system as well as wristbands.

Full TR here: http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/10948-great-yarmouth-pleasure-beach-sun-24th-may-2015-ptr/#entry209541

• 7 months later...

So Pleasure Beach have recently announced their 2016 opening hours.

http://www.pleasure-beach.co.uk/uploads/DOCS/opening-dates-and-times-2016.pdf

Their opening hours are fairly decent this year. The summer opening hours are fab, but its a shame that the October half term hours are not as good. I suppose they don't have the demand to stay open any later, except the night with the fireworks on the seafront.

They have currently not announced any new rides, however the announcement on the website suggests more announcements are to be made in the near future. A new thrill ride would be nice... (Please bring Outrage back)