Six Flags Great America

Benin

But there are some wooden coasters that are glass smooth, Mammut at Tripsdrill for one, and Colossos at Heide (which is in my opinion, TOO smooth for a wooden coaster)...

S'all about the manufacturing and construction techniques... But a smooth wooden coaster is a bit, well, dull and pointless really...

1511080_10151887992051356_1436410370_n.j no

Don't no me , no RMC and six flags and RCDB, cos it is classed as a woodie its hard to believe, that structure I know is steel but I'm talking and going on about topper woodies in general like outlaw run and the inpending wildfire.

Don't no me , no RMC and six flags and RCDB, cos it is classed as a woodie its hard to believe, that structure I know is steel but I'm talking and going on about topper woodies in general like outlaw run and the inpending wildfire.

But if you want to be technical, they're not woodies though, are they? They are still, technically speaking, hybrids, since are made of a combination of wood and steel.

In my opinion, regardless of how the manufacturers or parks market it, it's a hybrid. No one goes around calling Th13teen a Pyschcoaster or whatever, but that's how it was marketed (thank goodness that's no longer the case though...). Just because a somewhere claims it to be a certain type, doesn't it is actually is.

If you saw I said my self that I found it hard to believe that it was marketed as a woodie, it is a hybrid but it originally was going to be predominantly wood the with original concept, unfortunately thats not the case, it is ugly as hell but yeah, it will be an interesting one to see what reception it gets.

I reckon it will be a great ride... and doesn't look that bad, although it is like the Conchita Wurst of rollercoasters, can't make their mind up what it is.

I hope you listened to her winners speech, that kind of bigoted comment is the kind of mindset she was targeting.

It is an ugly coaster no doubt.

The wood track is almost at the top of the steel structure!

14031920739_bf021b5e5d_b.jpg

I think if Thorpe were to ever have a "woodie" this sort of structure would probably aid the visual impact on the area seeming as its steel and in a hybrids concerned has a very minimalist support structure (like I said for a hybrid) even if it is ugly as hell. Its the only way I could ever see Thorpe one in unless it was like 70ft or something like White Lightning at fun spot.

Plus it opening for may 29th is laughable when it is the 20th today and they haven't even properly installed the lift yet...

Well they got planning permission to build the 100ft one planned before Saw and that was an exceedingly dense structure. I wouldn't be against something like White Lightning though. Brilliant ride! Would definitely work with the new shift in market, it doesn't look intimidating but it sure packs a punch, full of airtime and was fun!

But yeah, if this opens in 9 days I'll be amazed.

• 2 weeks later...