Six Flags Great Adventure

Benin

Apparently it was designed to run at the same time but health and safety has said that they cant. 

They were running simultaneously when it first opened it and have implemented this since then?

The (even more-so in the USA) mythical 'health and safety' would not tell them to do this! This is their own current choice of solution to some problem. They may have designed it with a massive flaw then, that only came to light late on? I'll bet there is a fix to whatever it is coming, they would not carry on with that set up long term. Unless one ride intrinsically interferes with the other in a way that can not be overcome, in which case they should tear it out and ask for their money back!

According to Screamscape, it's the state of New Jersey that have put the restriction on (though they themselves find it hard to believe!) - http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_adventure.htm

They mention about how the control systems for both rides are linked, so essentially the rides cannot operate at the same time.  I've definitely read this somewhere else, though where I cannot find.  Certainly doesn't surprise me; though I do hope the two can run simultaneously in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Stealth won't be able to get the additional supports to get one, because of the council restrictions.  

Thank goodness as well in my opinion - Detonator is a great drop tower.  Plus I wouldn't want to see the park's icon coaster have to deal with troubling throughput to accommodate for a drop tower.

actually I might upset a few fanboys here but detonator probably gives a better ride than zumanjaro due to the fact that detonator has hydraulics to push the ride down making it more forceful where as zumanjaro just has the catch car then its dropped and gravity takes over. :)

Have to say it was better than I expected. The drop is fantastic but it does come with a massive downside in destroying kingda ka's though-put even more than it already was. For unknown reasons (I'm assuming shaking) kingda ka cant launch until zumanjaro has completed its cycle.

Wow - And people complained that Angry Birds land ruins Stealth  :lol:

Personally I prefer zumanjaro, its got the force of detonator but lasts so much longer. 

Well it hasn't really got the force, Detonator has that extra push.

I find taller drop towers are fun, but not as intense. I guess it's because the longer you're falling, the slower you accelerate due to wind resistance etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I like the look of these S&S 4Ds to be honest and have heard decent reviews of them, so I guess it could be worse. Still would like to see one built a bit closer to home.

But yeah, agree with the lack of originality and whatnot. More of the 'looper flats' sounds extremely disappointing too..

Apparently the video got leaked or something... if it is true it's a shame Six Flags can't have any originality and have to add the same rides to pretty much all of their parks although I've heard rave reviews of these rides so at least they aren't bad rides 

They don't but to be fair to them, they've never pretended otherwise and North America is a pretty big continent so the same ride thing becomes irrelevant.