Worst Roller Coasters/Rides You Have Been On.

EC!

• 1 year later...

Flying Fish. Rough, jolty, and boring. Thorpe need a better kiddie coaster.

Some could say the same about my Vampy (minus the boring) however I honestly have never once had a rough ride. Honestly. There is one particular jolt going over the rooftops but it doesn't hurt too much, sometimes though if I don't keep my head back I do hit it hard against the back of the train in the tunnel. My only complaint about Vampy is it needs padding. 

EDIT: Fish also hurts my elbows, and shoutout to the Crazy Mouse on Brighton pier, the first ride I've ever been on where I genuinely feared for my life, and the first time my elbows have been crushed MORE than on the Fish.

Just now, ChessingtonSam said:

Never been on (an upside down coaster), but I've heard most Gersts are bad.

It's not so much that Gerstlauer coasters are bad, more that Saw and Smiler aren't the best examples of what they can do.

Then again, I don't have a problem with Saw (though understand why some do).

I never normally hate roller coasters, I loved riding the Smiler and Saw at the moment is my favourite ride at Thorpe Park

When I rode Goudurix at Parc Asterix I actually enjoyed it, there are rides that are rougher (cough**back row Colossus**cough). I also enjoyed riding Infusion and Titanide (if you don't know, they're SLCs).

If I had to give a worst ride, it would probably be Stampida at Portaventura. I did enjoy it but it was the definition of rough.

31 minutes ago, pluk said:

I think Goudurix has been re tracked since I rode a couple of years back? It might be better now but it isn't forgiven; worst ride ever.

Parts of it have been re-done recently, and the trains have been re-worked too. Went on it for the first time on Friday and it was quite good, rattly but still not as rough as Colossus...

12 minutes ago, Equoaster said:

I rode Goudurix in 2013, was the re-tracking done before that year?

The retracking was done in a few phases through 2013, with the first part being completed around May/June*, so it depends when you went :)

*source, I googled it and found a thread from TS about it

Without a doubt the worst coaster I've been on is Kumba at BGT. The amount of shaking and headbanging gave me the most horrific headache, and it is just a terrible terrible coaster. 

The worst ride I've ever been on, that title either goes to Storm Surge or that Miami ride that is at every fair ever (yes, loads of airtime but extremely uncomfortable).

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

^ I really like Miami rides. The one at my local fair is called Deep Impact. It's quite smooth, the restraints are nice and it even has Ripsaw-esque water effects.

I've only once had a good experience on a Miami ride, and even then I was being flung up and around everywhere bashing into everyone's shoulders. The one lap bar restraint that covers the entire ride vehicle has to be the worst restraint in the history of restraints. Someone at a local fair actually climbed out of the restraint and leaped off the ride (it had just finished it's cycle) and left through the exit

2 minutes ago, MilesK said:

I've only once had a good experience on a Miami ride, and even then I was being flung up and around everywhere bashing into everyone's shoulders. The one lap bar restraint that covers the entire ride vehicle has to be the worst restraint in the history of restraints. Someone at a local fair actually climbed out of the restraint and leaped off the ride (it had just finished it's cycle) and left the ride!

Ok, well at least Deep Impact had individual OTSRs so it's probably much more comfy than the versions you've been on.

Goudrix was fine, definitely one of the smoother Vekoma's I've done but like many say that'll be due to the retrack. I remember seeing photos and videos of the old one and the terribly designed entry into elements.

I've never had an issue with Kumba, always found it fine. Shamu Express is an awful coaster, that is rough as anything for such a slow coaster, glad it doesn't go any faster!

The five rollercoasters in my bottom five are:-

Shamu Express at Seaworld Orlando. A kids ride should not be this bad. It's attrocious

Tornado at Bakken. I hated this violent, terrible excuse for a spinning rollercoaster. Your rides restraints should not be cutting blood lines into my body you vile thing.

Furius Baco at PortAventura. Terrible, terrible ride. That launch is great but it's 1/20th of the ride. The rest is tedious rubbish that is jerky and rough and unenjoyable in the extreme. Not even a scenic turn round can save it.

Rutschebanan at Bakken. How do you destroy your brake-man, historic rollercoaster? You get Kumbak in to trash it, thats what. Awful, awful ride. I do wonder how good it was before this disastrous change.

The Big One at Blackpool. I'm glad the hyper coaster moved on quickly from arrow, because if this ride is anything to go by they were boring. Shallow, tedious hill followed by shallow tedious hill. Then that helix which is beggars belief. A good first drop and a good ending aren't enough. 

That has definitely given me the incentive to go and visit Bakken. 

How Sanbrooke found that place enjoyable is beyond words. 

Bottom coaster rides for me are:

Big One- apart from the drop and riding at night, it's dull,boring and a little painful. No silver star by any means. 

Tokaido Tivoli World- the ride is as slow as it is painful, 5 laps of uncomfortable boring pain on a circuit that makes the Flying Fish look good. 

Mad Mouse Great Yarmouth- looks dull, rides dull. It's dull.

Rita- it's Rita but it hasn't been riding as badly lately as it used to. So does it even deserve to still be on the list, even if it is Tower's weakest coaster.

Dreading the likes of Baco and stampida right now.