Worst Roller Coasters/Rides You Have Been On.

EC!

22 minutes ago, Equoaster said:

Are the restraints on El Condor different to those found on other SLCs I.e. Infusion?

I've only done one other SLC (Vampire at Walibi Belgium), but the restraints on Condor had much less head room.  I'd imagine Condor's restraints are different-ish to most SLCs though; no doubt someone who has had the 'pleasure' of riding more can confirm though.

I'm absolutely dreading Condor next year if I go to Walibi (as part of a bigger project), but a creds a cred.

infusion is the only SLac I've done so far. I didn't find it awful but I didn't find it great either. First half is not too bad but second half does gets fairly rough. 

Dont think I've done many awful coasters lately, except this one really.

super_train_tokaido_1.jpg

So boring, so dull, yet uncomftable and painful at the same time.

Big One has got to be a dishonourable mention, apart from its height and the drop the ride is completely force less and forgettable. 

Drayton's coasters (mostly the G Force and Shockwave) were also completely forgettable and left no impression on me either. They need some Mack!

On 28 July 2016 at 7:43 PM, Mitchada04 said:

Big One is definitely one of my lowest ranked coasters. It just annoys me in many ways. Oblivion is pretty naff but people love it for some reason. As a coaster, I'd put Baron as pretty rubbish too. El Condor is the worst SLC, still enjoyed it bizarrely, have no idea why. That Zierer at PWH was pretty rattly too, so much vibration. No loss that it's shut.

Does this mean you prefer El Condor to Baron (I really don't understand you supposedly being "hard to impress").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I didn't know where to post this video, but I've just come across it from @thrillgeek on twitter,  it looks like one of the worst dark rides I've seen. I know you shouldn't judge them on a YouTube video, but surely this isn't much better in person.

I don't suppose anyone on here has ridden it/knows much about it do they? Just looks like an atrocious ride for such a big IP.

I've only been hearing poor reviews of that ride! Not helped by the fact half the park hasn't opened on time! 

The screens in some cases literally look like TV's, there's no hiding between each scene so they all blend into one and it's such a waste of the trackless tech.

So Merlin have probably got the exact same thing coming to Heide Park next year. 

13 minutes ago, Benin said:

Just admit you saw it off my Twitter Ryan, it's ok...

I too fear that this is going into Heide, such a waste of the technology involved and it's generally so awful looking...

I knewwwww you were going to say that ;) I saw it on twitter, posted it here, then scrolled up my twitter feed and saw you posted it.

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 0:03 AM, Ryan said:

I didn't know where to post this video, but I've just come across it from @thrillgeek on twitter,  it looks like one of the worst dark rides I've seen. I know you shouldn't judge them on a YouTube video, but surely this isn't much better in person.

I don't suppose anyone on here has ridden it/knows much about it do they? Just looks like an atrocious ride for such a big IP.

Looks like it'd fit right in...

...At Gullivers...

I don't know if this is being kept solely to theme parks - but I feel that I need to say that the Take Off flat ride at Winter Wonderland is an absolute heap of junk.

It is nothing personal to the owners - the ride looks great - it's just such an abysmal experience and a complete waste of money. I can't even imagine any way Take Offs could be improved...

If I could sum up my Take Off opinion in one word, it'll probably be: 'cack'.

Such a shame because it looks so much more fun than it actually is!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I must be quite lucky, as I've only come across 1 coaster I wouldn't ever ride again.

Insane - hated every second of this awful torture device, but like Hex, the story didn't end there, I spent the rest of the day with a lovely headache and felt quite ill, all because of this stupid thing.

I realise it wouldn't be very sporting to only shame 1 coaster though, so a few other honourable mentions, that I would ride again, for enough money.

GForce - WHY?! Takes my breath away how bad this thing is, pun intended.

Abismo - Can't breathe, can't breathe, can't breath. Upside down for too long while can't breath. Restraint tightens again, great. Rattling around, can't breathe. Back up vertical lift, where it holds you before reversing into station, still not breathing. Hate it.

Tornado (Bakken) Launched lift into an S bend, who needs a neck anyway? Then rattling around a warehouse for 20 seconds doing nothing of note. Can see why this is the only one in the World.

• 2 years later...

Has been a while so might as well update:

Gouderix- Ouch Ouch Ouch. Looks nice on the lakeside though which is a shame it doesn’t ride as nicely.

Banshee- Dull, forceless and just  underwhelming.

Adventure Express- A themed lift hill that leads into a, wait for it.... the station. 

Hero- No description needed.

Tokaido, Khan and G.Force are not forgotten, won’t miss G Force tbh.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

BUMP.

This one came to me the other day, when I was younger I went to Six Flags Over Texas- this ride is not the 'worst' ride ever. But for its stature and size. It is such a piece of crap. Titan.

The ride's layout is just so pointless. It has a 255 feet drop, which is incredibly shallow, and void of any airtime. It feels like a ramp, not a drop. It does have good speed though, so that is something I guess? After that drop is a forceless turnaround, a airtime hill that gives no airtime, and a helix before slamming into the world's worst MCBR. This MCBR murders the speed, and pacing. It also is abrupt and painful. The ride then crawls down, before having its best element. The "death" helix, this element gives the highest dose of positive G's I have experienced. It is highly sustained, and made me grey out/black out on every ride. I semi-liked this element, but it is uncomfortable and honestly a little too much tbh. Though I give it points for not being boring, unlike the rest of the ride. The ride meanders to the brakes afterwards.

The ride is not the worst- it is smooth, but its layout is just so awful. Hypers are meant to be fun and re-ridable, not boring barring a element that tries to kill you.