CBeebies Land

Benin

Woah, that's bright! The thing than annoys me about CBeebies Land is the destruction of all the character Storybook Land and Old MacDonald's Farm had, this area is just bright, garish and plastic, with virtually no natural elements, it's very clean, also it's very Cloud Cuckoo Land, these two areas are way too similar in style now.

It definitely doesn't have a filter, although the photo may have been edited to brighten it overall. But it was taken at the same angle as the sun around midday judging from the lack of visible shadows, and it was taken from high up so more UV in the lens I guess?

Otherwise, that's just what CBeebies land looks like.

It definitely doesn't have a filter, although the photo may have been edited to brighten it overall. But it was taken at the same angle as the sun around midday judging from the lack of visible shadows, and it was taken from high up so more UV in the lens I guess?

Otherwise, that's just what CBeebies land looks like.

Yup. Spinball, and all those cars and grass look hugely bright in real life too.

Whatever is causing it, the colours seem to have too much depth to them from what we know the unchanged things to look like, whether that is due to a natural trick of the light or something else. I'm sure it won't look so jarring in real life, colourful yes, but not unpleasant like that picture appears..

Maybe it is a trick of the light but Fred's right, Spinball isn't that bright; and if anybody genuinely has a car that is as bright a red as that, then it must be an extremely rare paint colour - but to have three of them?

Photo taken from Alton Towers Guide on Facebook, clearly showing that (in normal light) the buildings are NOT as bright as seen...

1947613_716164068414774_1590321677_n.jpg

Am I missing something? Both photos look the same to my eye, once you ignore the sunny reflections in the aerial photo. Plus cameras behave different however you use them so naturally colours appear more saturated in some cases.

Anyway, this just proves that you can't judge anything with photos alone. The area will look even more different in person.

This appears to be very much in keeping with Merlin style theming. Remove all the detail and coherent theming (the old squirrel nutty station was a really attractive and charming building) and replace with crude paint jobs in bright colours. Whether the photos have been filtered or not, this all looks rubbish really doesn't it? Just someone wondering round with luminous colours and removing all the charm of the original area (see also Splash Landings, Cloud Cuckoo Land). That said, the success or failure of the area will mostly, I suspect, depend on the immersion of the rides and the atmosphere created by things like the shows and strolling characters. Maybe these will be kore impressive.

1538789_896416270384336_885097211_n.jpg

(TPW facebook)

It's like the colour the scummy family paint their nice old house when they move into a better area (#snob).

It's far to early to tell without seeing it in person and complete but now spider mentioned it this looks like it's being done with all the lack of style that Splash has been, things jar against each other and their surroundings. It's like they want to smash you in the face with a pot of dulux the moment you walk in rather than have any subtlety to it, because bright colous must mean you are having fun fun fun, right? Kids aren't that stupid.

I refer you all to exhibit A, entitled how to create a childrens world...

Peppa_Pig_World_Aerial.jpg

It is bright, crisp, clean looking and coulourful, yes. But the colours are pastel and there are loads of little intricacies and detail that blends it into a coherent and pleasant theme. Not just old farm style buildings with a nauseating paint job.

And then the image above provides an amazing example of how cheaply done Cbeebies land is. Also, can we even call Cbeebies an IP? It's a channel, like Nickelodeon. But in Nickelodeon Land it's stuff like Spongebob that will age, and Rugrats which has. Just like Postman Pat has pretty much aged now.

Also referring to Peppa Pig World (Rich will love the fact you've referenced it Pluk) it's probably worth noting how its well maintained and was heavily thought about throughout it's designs. The colours yes, they're pastel, but thats the Peppa Pig colours; and the whole area wasn't a retheme. But then, Nickelodeon Land at Blackpool was; and it didn't keep it's old buildings - they built new - unlike Towers are.

Might also be worth mentioning, for the sake of anyone who may have been to Peppa Pig World that rides such as the Car Ride and the Dinosaurs ride, are by Metabower (or however you say it) whom make the Farmyard Tractor ride / new Postman Pat ride. So with regards to ride vehicles and realism, that alone will show how much money has been invested; as they've done an excelling job with realism on the Peppa Pig rides.

List of attractions/IPs in CBeebies Land are as follows:

• Postman Pat
  • Charlie and Lola
  • The Numtums
  • Mike the Knight/Zingzillas (Stage Shows)
  • Tree Fu Tom
  • Something Special
  • Mr Bloom (Popular with Mums)
  • Nina's Science Lab (Popular with Dads)
  • In the Night Garden
  • Justin's House
  • Get Set Go

There's about 3 of those which I know instantly there... Plus Justin/Mr Tumble is quite well known...

As for Postman Pat, it's been one of THOSE timeless shows re-booted for a modern audience, more comparable with Thomas the Tank Engine really... Even a film is coming out this year (which looks like it's swiftly kicking my childhood in the head numerous times)...

I don't recall Beaver Creek having a multitude of buildings, aside from the Magic Mountain Facade (Space Invader is an arguable one, since it stood in the area though was stand-alone), so Blackpool had a fair amount of things to play around with on that regard... I can understand why park's would want to use existing infrastructure if it exists though, easily a better option that could save some money to be put elsewhere (be it the project or the pockets of higher-ups)... I wouldn't say it's an example of a park being excessively cheap with a retheme of an area...