CBeebies Land

Benin

• 2 weeks later...

It will be open for ERT (for half term next week), so that'll blatently be the best time to visit it (otherwise it will be full of horrible adults and their 'precious' children)...

Hmm... Or I could ride Nemesis/Oblivion for an hour!

Tough choice... :lol:

Seriously though thanks for letting me know!

I'll be down the weekend after, so hopefully it won't be too busy. I like the colours of the cars but like said, the blobs on the end don't look amazing. Overall the area looks pretty cool though, exited to see what it will end up looking like inside!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

It's how the blobs on the cbeebies channel look like though. If the ride has used the blobs for the theme - which in my opinion is good they have used them for one attraction, according they are always on show in the logo and in between all the programmes.

I really cannot see how they could do a better job with a blob which looks exactly like it does on the TV....

I really cannot see how they could do a better job with a blob which looks exactly like it does on the TV....

Completely agree! They look like the blobs that are on the channel and I wouldn't be surprised if they all have names and children know these. It makes sense to have them on the cars, afterall this is the first ride you see in Cbeebies Land and it gives this ride some character and identity!

Just want to say the only thing I'm not fond of is the fact that Get Set Go has used the acorns of Squirrel Nutty and just been painted, I think something better could have been done personally. I also feel that the TV advert lacks some kind of 'oomph' - I mean, I know they're advertising Cbeebies land, but I feel some more 'family' stuff could have been added in at the end of it to show there's a lot more than just Cbeebies for families.

Couple of pics off Facebook (Official CBeebies Land page)...

10379811_324705324347353_104736112384195

10371705_324705351014017_217971876015141

10380084_324705361014016_362567453907819

10273310_324705387680680_245071718898383

10256179_324705417680677_412719848189296

10359049_324705444347341_439441531328094

A mixed bag really I'd say, some parts look really nice, then Charlie and Lola for example looks poor (2d facades, even if it suits the show's style, don't work well in theme park settings)...

The old windmill looks a bit... Strange (read - crap) now as well... But yay for it having bubbles <3

The entrance & clock tower theming looks rather nice and am really liking the look of the Postman pat ride.

Can't say I'm a fan of the Charlie & Lola facade, although it does resemble the shows style in animation.

I hope the new area includes some new animatronics & interactive elements, otherwise it will seem a bit dull compared to its predessceror Old Macdonlds & Storybook, which had the book worm & Singing Barn.

I wouldn't call it 'lazy' - limiting maybe. Credit to them for trying to keep a existing ride thats been at Towers for years and trying to tie it in; as it's a ride that no character could easily fit with so having it as a generic channel theme works.

I still think it's a bit disappointing that it's just painted acorns and some blobs but again, I throw back to myself and say it's limiting what you can do with Squirrel Nutty.

Have to agree with the Get Set Go comment, yes it still looks loads better than the worn Squirrel Nutty but for me the bug is the CBeebies blobs on the back. Being a father of several small children I am subjected to CBeebies on a regular basis and those that have seen the blobs will know that they are actually animated to be a wobbly lava lamp type of blob and not egg shaped as they all seem to be on the back of the carriages. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen an egg shaped one on the channel ever. If they were having them on the ride then make them the same random shapes that they are on the tv rather than going with a shape that just looks wrong. Also by making them egg shaped it leaves a rather unsightly gap between the blobs and the main nutshell part where as if they had been more the shape they should be it would of left less of a gap and looked a lot more rounded overall.

Towers Nerd are doing live updates for CBeebies Land today - http://live.towersnerd.com/

Have to say, looks like it's really good. I personally can't make comparisons between the old area and now as I never went in there, however it does seem to be good quality all in all. I wonder if it still has the 'soul' and 'life' in it though when you're in there (certainly looks like it, but you can't tell from a photo!)?