AJ

Just to throw it out there, this year we will be doing a secret Santa, just for a bit of fun as I think there is a general consensus of what people are like now!

If you want to opt out - please PM me so your name doesn't go on the list for it. The draw is on December 1st ^_^

So the draw is on december 1st and the draw is to see who you have to buy something for am I right?

Also is anybody doing The London Bridge Experience that day or is it just stuff you can get into with a Merlin Annual Pass?

When I went to queue for London Dungeons, the guy across the road was like 'oh come to the London Bridge Experience, less time queuing and also awarded London's Best Scare Attraction several years in a row', you also get in free if you have an annual pass if you mention it. HOWEVER, the whole experience was pretty dire aside from the 'scare maze' at the end. Dungeons is a million times better, but I suppose if you'll get in for free, why not. I wouldn't do it again though, I found it very boring for the most part.

They let in Merlin pass holders for free? Interesting!

I expect they will lose a lot of their business now the Dungeons are no longer there!

Well I think it's because the people I were with didn't have passes or whatever, I don't think they would completely let all pass holders in for free without someone actually buying a ticket. It was only because they were trying to convince me I think. Yeah, I imagine so, the whole 'experience' severely lacks actors, they have mannequins and headsets acting as the speakers so you're basically watching a dummy be a ventriloquist :lol: There's also some lift sequence which is as about as good as the lifts in Sub Terra but considering I didn't pay it was ok.

The higher end rides (Air, Power Tower, Wilde Maus XXL, Alpen Hotel) were 6 tokens last year and one token is £1. I wouldn't be surprised if they increase this year though because they've been that price for a few years now.

Unfortunately, now that the date is confirmed I can confirm that I won't be attending due to being in Florida but have a good time everyone who goes :)

The higher end rides (Air, Power Tower, Wilde Maus XXL, Alpen Hotel) were 6 tokens last year and one token is £1. I wouldn't be surprised if they increase this year though because they've been that price for a few years now.

Unfortunately, now that the date is confirmed I can confirm that I won't be attending due to being in Florida but have a good time everyone who goes :)

The event is expanding once again this year and will be taking up more space in hyde park. The rides generally average at about £5 a ride however it may get more expensive this year...

I'm a maybe, still unsure .

btw here what I found on their website.

HOW MUCH DO THE TOKENS COST?

Each token costs £1. Children’s rides start at £2 and other rides start at £3. Everyone who rides needs a token (even parents riding with children) and we try to keep the prices at a reasonable level to allow for this. Please remember, tokens can only be used on the day of purchase – they are not exchangeable or refundable.

hope it helps (p.s. because I'm a maybe, leave me out of the secret santa.)

I'm a maybe, still unsure .

btw here what I found on their website.

HOW[/size] MUCH[/size] DO THE[/size] TOKENS[/size] COST[/size]?

Each token costs £1. Children’s rides start at £2 and other rides start at £3. Everyone who rides needs a token (even parents riding with children) and we try to keep the prices at a reasonable level to allow for this. Please remember, tokens can only be used on the day of purchase – they are not exchangeable or refundable.

hope it helps (p.s. because I'm a maybe, leave me out of the secret santa.)

From last year this is how much the 'big rides' were:

Fun houses-£4

Deep Impact, Snow Jet, WW Express and Avalanche- £4

Showtime- £5

Power tower, Air, Wild Maus XXL and Euro coaster- £6

Alpine Coaster- £4

Blizzard Booster- £7

On this years line up I would expect prices to be roughly similar with the new ones(XXL and gladiator) maybe reaching £8ish. However, Ewald Schneider is building a new tower called the hangover(100m freefall) however I'm not sure whether it will be visiting this years wonderland however in future years that could well be £10/12.

• 2 weeks later...