Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went to thorpe yesterday with dann and chrissy, very good, possibly best trip of season and maybe best ever who knows!Was great fun all day in the rain, got couple of goes on detty in morning, very impressed with its new music, headed over to stealth, had a small delay, waited for about 10-15 mins for them to fix it, was all good apart from the rain, then got on and just as all lights went red we went back and back.... so yea, got stuck on that for a good 20 mins, but like the nice member of staff said, we were in seats more confertable than the various bench's around the park so was all good! Also got priority pass's to re ride it later in the day. Rode pritty much everything apart from pirates and depth charge, thanks to weather the queues were pritty much not there what was nice! Only bad point was last ride of the day, rose about a meter and stopped, was abit of a pain seeing as my lift was waiting for me outside the park! Ride count:Detonator 5Stealth 2Nemesis Inferno 2Colossus 1Samurai 2Loggers Leap 1CCR Bear hunt 1Vortex 1Rush 1Quantum 1Tidal wave 1Rumba 1X:\ 1Fish 2Teacups 3

Well yesterday, I was at Chessie and Thorpe both for 2 and a half hours.Both Parks were basically empty! Especially Chessie, were I got like 15 or 20 rides in 2 hours.CHESSINGTON:Dragons Fury x5Vampire x3Ramesis x2Dragon Falls x1Rattlesnake x2RMT x1Billys Whizzer x2Bubbleworks x1Ride Count: 17 in 2 and half hours.THORPE:Stealth x1Detonator x2X x1Samurai x2Slammer x2Vortex x1Tidal Wave x1... :)RR x1Rocky Express x1Depth Charge x1Ride count: 13 in 2 and a half hoursTotal Ride count: 30 rides in 5 hours!

Went today got to the park at 9.20, me and dann met up with joe and his mate but we ended up going are separate ways... rode detenator 3 times in 10 minutes then went over stealth were it was testing but kept failing that launches, spoke to dan, sam, james in stealth photos and hung around their for hours as everything was breaking down: depth charge, xnwo, stealth, inferno, Colossus and properly more that we didnt know about... massive ques for everything. Stealth opened at around 1ish then inferno Colossus x depth charge opened later on... rode stealth 3 times for a rollback... never got it. Very slow at the top though. Got bored went home at 4.ride count:detenator x3stealth x3

OK went to thorpe park yesterday and had a great day. All rides with the exception of detonator open and a few break downs on loggers leap and x no way out, maybe more. It was quite busy so bought fasttrack and hardly had to queue for anything. The queues died down in the last hour or so. Got there at about 11:30 and left at 8:00.Ride count-Quantum - 1Zodiac - 1Vortex (whilst playing water game)-1Tidal wave-1Loggers leap-1Rush-2Colossus-1x no way out-2nemesis inferno (whilst playing water game on 1)-3samurai-1slammer-1flying fish-1miss hippos fungle safari-2stealth-2I think that was it.

Thursday:good day quite funny as well as we waited for a bus at 7 and waited for an hour and relised their wasnt going to be one so we was kinda stranded so we ran to staines! long.... got home at 10.30ride count:detenator x2stealth x3rush x2slammer x1samurai x1quantum x1inferno x1mr m banana boat x1jungle safari x1x:/ x1saturday:too packed.... tidal cue line for coming out the cue lol, but in the morning got on a few rides then I had to buy fast track cause it was to busy so I bought extreme, tidal and stealth.ride count:inferno x1rumba rapids x1stealth x3loggers x3samurai x1Colossus x1tidal x1 rush x2

Went to thorpe today, was alot busier than I bargained for it seems you cannot even go in quiet times and find it quiet anymore which is a shame but still had a great day, I saw joe an james in the rush queue (well at least I think it was them anyway) looks like them from the pics. I would say hi but you probably don't know me and I am too shy as well. The new Colossus station music is amazing apart from the stupid guy that speaks very proper in the announcement. The most heard phrase around the park was brap brap, It was all I heard all day. 1 more little thing to complain about, surely thorpe know with school bookings the park will be busy and still only 1 train op on stealth and inferno, If the trains were away for maintenance I apologise but I am sure they were not. It just creates un-necessary long queues when the park is more than busy enough for 2 train ops. I don't like complaining though so I will shut up now ;) It was still a good day, Almost got my first rollback on stealth in the morning and got on front row straight away. Glad to see rush operating on 2 swings though still. The only ride closed was detonator. Ride Count -:Stealth - 4 (2 Front & 2 Back Row)Rush - 4Vortex- 1 (Bottom swing so boring)Colossus - 1 (Front Row)Loggers - 1Inferno - 1Rapids - 1Pirates 4D - 1Tidal Wave - 1Storm In A Teacup - 1Still don't like that stupid music playing in the inferno station ;)

1 more little thing to complain about, surely thorpe know with school bookings the park will be busy and still only 1 train op on stealth and inferno, If the trains were away for maintenance I apologise but I am sure they were not. It just creates un-necessary long queues when the park is more than busy enough for 2 train ops.

The difference is, what you and thorpe park will consider un-necessary are 2 totaly different things, puting rides on 2 trains inst worth it when there is still a quite low gate figure.

Yeah, It was a great day today. Thorpe had the top 3 things which give me a good visit.1) Good ride reliability2) Empty3) Sunny dayPoints from the day-Good to see some new music-Went in the SIAT console-Stealth didn't break down all day?-Staff seemed quite happy-Sunny, so good for photos-Everyone looking at me whilst in the Rumba queue thinking "why the hell is he recording this?"-Arena doors were wide open but nothing going on inside-Inferno and Stealth on one train, not that they evan needed two trains-The bloke in hotdogs and nachos having to think that the date was before 24/06/07-Nothing happening with detty what so ever(James you missed X out of the ride count... X - 1 ;)Since James posted the ride count I will post the queue times:Stealth 20 mins (due to 1 train)Colossus 5 minsInferno 30 mins (due to 1 train)Rush 2 minsSlammer 2 minsSamurai 10 minsLoggers 10 minsTeacups 0 minsRocky 0 minsQuantum 2 minsVortex 2 minsZodiac 0 minsDepth Charge 5 minsFlying Fish 0 minsX:\ No way out 0 minsPhotos from dayZodiac - Ride startSlammer - Ride startSlammer - Ride announcementSamurai - Queueline announcementSlammer - Ride endRush ThemeRumba - Queueline announcementX:\ No way out theme 1X:\ No way out theme 2Loggers leap new announcementCarousel - Ride musicEnjoyRecordings and videos to come soon keep checking this post

The difference is, what you and thorpe park will consider un-necessary are 2 totaly different things, puting rides on 2 trains inst worth it when there is still a quite low gate figure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but Thorpe also seem to think that theming, all-round customer satisfaction, immersive experiences and investment in original quality attractions is unnecessary.

If they didnt care about guest satisfaction why do they bother with guest questionnaires? or even priority pass's from a broken ride, they are well in there rights to tell you where to go but they dont, so I think its unfair to say they just dont care. And for the rest, I think theres a much bigger problem than just at Thorpe.

I went last week on Thursday as it was half-term. I hadn't been yet this Season, so I was excited. It was surprisingly empty for Half Term, although Colossus and Samurai didn't open until later in the day (only stayed 'till 3).Ride Count:Stealth: 2Vortex: 2Slammer: 1Samurai: 1Rush: 1Nemesis: 1[Noticeable] Queue Times:Colossus (When Open): 90 mins (One Train)Stealth: 20 mins all day (More like 10)Nemesis: 40-60 minsVortex: 20 minsRush: 60 mins (both swings)Samurai: 40 mins (Actually 70)So, all in all, a pretty good day. Slammer was a highlight for me, but Stealth and Rush also made for good first-time-rides.*As a side note: My Avatar is my First Ride on Stealth ;)**Another note: When Going on Vortex, if you sit in the seats that are just right to being opposite to the waiting bay you are guaranteed top swing. Try it for yourself, but I worked it out and was right both times.

Another note: When Going on Vortex, if you sit in the seats that are just right to being opposite to the waiting bay you are guaranteed top swing. Try it for yourself, but I worked it out and was right both times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, thats not exactly true, when I go on Vortex I usually go to the other side of the gondula as you walk in. I usually get top swing that way. I think the opp starts it swinging at random so it proberly dont really matter where you sit. May be wrong though

It was surprisingly empty, Ride Count:Stealth: 2Vortex: 2Slammer: 1Samurai: 1Rush: 1Nemesis: 1[Noticeable] Queue Times:Colossus (When Open): 90 mins (One Train)Stealth: 20 mins all day (More like 10)Nemesis: 40-60 minsVortex: 20 minsRush: 60 mins (both swings)Samurai: 40 mins (Actually 70)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats not empty, those queue time would make you think that that was a busy day.

Nice good day at thorpe after my gcse.. not that busy.ride count:stealth x10samurai x1 (after dann arguing witht he staff that they shut the cue line 1min early)siat x3depth charge x1rumba rapids x1loggers leap x2slammer x1rush x1Colossus x2 (both front)vortex x1x:/nwodetenator testing today ;)

I know it doesn't sound empty, but the two longest queue times were because both Samurai and Colossus (next to Stealth the most popular IMO), the rest was pretty quick. Also, I was only there 'till 3, so I could have gotten in another 4 or 5 rides had I stayed until 6.--But then again I don't go too often (I'm starting to go more now), so I may just think it was empty. ;)

I'm back from thorpe, where I saw James, Joe, Mike, holly, seb and beth around. Was a good day today, and it was quite busy, but I still got on lots. Detty was closed til about 1 or so, and then finally opened. Nemesis was one train op, which sucked, meaning the queue got to something like 90 mins as lot. Stealth was 2 trains, and I'm not sure about Colossus. Weather was very good also. So it was a very good day at thorpe today, and I hope to return next week or something.Stealth x2Rush x4Samurai x1Slammer x1Nemesis Inferno x2Detty x1Vortex x2Quantum x2XNWO x2Loggers x1RR x1SIAT x1Rocky x1TOTAL: 21?

Great day at Thorpe, and it was kind of a meet. Really, really was impressed with the Inferno operator, who dispatched train 2 when train 1 hadn't even arrived in first block brake. Went to Thorpe Waterski with Joe, and I kinda walked back along M25/M3 and I got pictures of Viking Rower boats. I really was not happy with one charecter stalking us, *cough* Dan *cough*. Or a cup of water in my face. NOT COOL CHRIS KTHNX.And I met Josh, commonly known as ginger Josh ;)Positives:-Great Pics-Seeing the 'n00bs' again-Great WeatherNegatives:-Q Times-ISU's following me on motor way ;)Ride Count:Inferno x1Stealth x1Slammer x1Samurai x1Tidal Wave x1SIAT x2Fish x1CCR x1