Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went to TP today, very good as per usual except no stealth (shut after 3/4 of an hour apparently , I wasn't up early enough...) It was drizzly all day, but by about 3 it was more or less constant, torrential, and thunder and lightening, so all credit to TP for attempting to re-open rides, but when the weather was getting no better, we decided to leave. went to Guest services to get bounceback tickets, but saw others with free tickets.. so we asked and we too got them, due to adverse weather conditions causing ride shut down. So back to TP before october 25th!! Fright Nites here I come!!Just like to give credit to TP staff who tried to make good of situations, and giving free returns ;)

Went to TP today, very good as per usual except no stealth (shut after 3/4 of an hour apparently , I wasn't up early enough...) It was drizzly all day, but by about 3 it was more or less constant, torrential, and thunder and lightening, so all credit to TP for attempting to re-open rides, but when the weather was getting no better, we decided to leave. went to Guest services to get bounceback tickets, but saw others with free tickets.. so we asked and we too got them, due to adverse weather conditions causing ride shut down. So back to TP before october 25th!! Fright Nites here I come!!Just like to give credit to TP staff who tried to make good of situations, and giving free returns ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was Stealth Non stop Closed then Re opening?

Was Stealth Non stop Closed then Re opening?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I only found out because we were in guest services getting tickets, and one of the security guards was talking asking about stealth.. some other person in there told him it was open until 10:15 am, and it Wasn't opening again today (I reckcon it was beacuase of the weather, at that point, none of the big rides were running) Put it this way; it was so wet loggers leap was flooding, and many of the paths were a couple of inches deep in water! We love you british weather...

Thorpe Park13th August 2006For once, I'd actually planned a trip to Thorpe, rather than just deciding at the last minute.We arrived at the park at around quarter to ten. The Dome was pretty busy, due to the weather, which meant that the park itself was pretty empty. Everything - everything that was open - was walk on. We headed to Depth Charge, for a soaking. Two rides and a good laugh later, we decided to see what else was open.At 10am, the following rides and attractions were closed:Stealth, Nemesis, Zodiac, Detonator and Pirates 4DThat's just a few that I saw. Also noticed Rush on one-swing, as it was all day...maybe some more rides were closed, but two-thirds of the biggun's were down. :(We then headed to Rumba, where we had a fun ride...I got drenched, due to a) the rain, ;) the weight of our boat and c) the waves yay.After that, we went to see if Nemesis was still closed, which it was.Third water ride in a row next, Loggers, which was also walk-on. Had a good ride on that, followed by another good ride each with our own boat (there was five of us).After that, we went on Zodiac, which had now opened.The only time we queued all day was 20 minutes on Colossus, and it was worth every minute. I had a surprisingly good, smooth ride. ;)Then it was time for some grub, so off to BBQ for a rib meal and a pint of fosters...was quite nice, although since they obviously knew me, they piled the bloody lattice fries on. Sorry, but are they trying to fatten me up?Next, I met up with some of the donut girls and we went for another ride on Loggers. Was fun...I was sandwiched between two women, so I'm hardly gonna complain. :PThe weather, at this point, had picked up. I spent up until 2pm with the girls, when they had to go to work. :(I then met up with Danny Boy. Got my single rider wristband and then headed towards Stealth, where we chatted to Jo-Jo-Jamie. Met up with Tina, Dan's mate, and headed to Rumba, for an embarrassing ride with my family. I mean embarrassing, too. Then we headed to Nemesis. This was the last ride of the day for us. The train after mine got stuck at the bottom of the hill, just as the rain started coming down.By 'coming down', I mean bucketing it down. The rain was constant and closed pretty much all of the rides (CCR, SIAT and X stayed open).We headed to Collie to see their photo unit leaking...slightly...which was rather funny. Then came the thunderstorms.I then left Danny Boy to go to OG, where I stayed under shelter annoying...erm...talking to my mate.At 4.30pm, I headed to Canada Creek, since the rain had stopped, and all the info boards said the last train was at 5pm. Little disappointed to learn the last train was at 4pm (I still haven't been able to visit the farm) and that the rain had started lashing down again.At 5pm, Thorpe Park too the decision to close.I waded through the 'puddle' in the Creek (it was one big puddle, so yeah) and headed back to OG. Then went to the pub for a pint before going home.A little disappointed that I never got a ticket to return. I used my dream ticket to get in, but why does that change anything?A few rides were struck by lightening, Stealth and Depth Charge were, as was the train track.Ride Count:Rumba - 3Loggers Leap - 3Depth Charge - 2Zodiac - 1Nemesis Inferno - 1Colossus - 1I had a surprisingly good day, I got to spend a lot of it with my girlfriend, which put me in a good mood I guess, but was embarrassed a lot by my sister and her mates. Particularly the racist one, who was rude to some staff members and some of my mates.I'd have liked to have gone on a few more rides...Rush, Vortex, Quantum, X, CCR and Samurai to name a few, but oh well. Rush had a 50 minute queue at one point, and was probably the busiest ride.

• 2 weeks later...
Thorpe park 25th AugustRide countSlammer-2Colossus-1Inferno-2X:\ No way out-1Tidal wave-2Loggers leap-1Rumba Rapids-2Rush-1Vortex-1Quantum-1Banana Boat-1Detonator-1Stealth-1 :unsure: The park was as usual as it has been lately. Packed between opening time untill about 7:30. We got on mostly everything. Rush was on two swings all day :angry: Stealth re opened at about 7:45. Luckerly we were walking past it when it opened otherwise we would not have got on. The ride was open for about an hour and a half and only did about 20-30 launches. It was non stop breaking down, in the end we had to get out the queue line when we were queueing for out second go. Went through the day without Fast track. Great day and will be going back Monday :D

Friday 25th,Only went for the late session from 6pm onwards since there is no way I'm goind on Bank holiday.They had run out of single rider passes so had to que!Went onSlammer - 4 (very slow loading today)Log Flume - 1 Detonator - 1Nemesis - 3Colossus - 2Vortex - 3Rush - 1Zodiac - 1Suprise people Stealth was out though it did manage to run for a total of an hour before breaking (Scrap metal for 2007? just kidding)Ok day had more fun last week as stealth and samauri was working and park was quieter. Still can't complainSeeing the park at night makes you itch for Fright Nights.

I had already bought extreme (Colossus, nemesis, et cetra) but no I didnt complain. Would I have got one?Seb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I queued for Stealth for 2 hours and it broke down and the queue line was evacuated. So I went to guest services and complained about the time lost. They gave me a choice of any ride apart from Stealth.

Well went to thorpe today and well some interesting stuff....Got there for opening and stealth was down so went for collossos twice (short queues) then it was off to nemesis which was great....duh Then detanator although the people held you up there longer than usuaul which was funny :angry: But stealth was open so went over there but then shut so weat lunch after lunch we checked on stealth.....still shut. Then it was off too loggers leap. After qeueing for around 30 mins we went off...but then realised there was a freakin hole in our freakin log so it was full of water and pool of water up the back and everytime you went down the water poutrred all the way to the front filling up my shoes (lucky I bought spare socks :D ) Now then it was for some toher rides like xnwo:/ and quatum that whole area but stealth was still shut basically stealth had some major issues today and I only saw it laucnh a couple of times so....I didn't get my stealth fix today :unsure: Oh well it was a great day and I sang..."theres a whole in my log dear lisa on the way home" (not really I was asleep) also.,....I SAW COASTER FORCE THERE HAPPY B-DAY IAN

Edited by haz

Well went to thorpe today and well some interesting stuff....Got there for opening and stealth was down so went for collossos twice (short queues) then it was off to nemesis which was great....duh Then detanator although the people held you up there longer than usuaul which was funny :D But stealth was open so went over there but then shut so weat lunch after lunch we checked on stealth.....still shut. Then it was off too loggers leap. After qeueing for around 30 mins we went off...but then realised there was a freakin hole in our freakin log so it was full of water and pool of water up the back and everytime you went down the water poutrred all the way to the front filling up my shoes (lucky I bought spare socks  :angry: ) Now then it was for some toher rides like xnwo:/ and quatum that whole area but stealth was still shut basically stealth had some major issues today and I only saw it laucnh a couple of times so....I didn't get my stealth fix today  :unsure: Oh well it was a great day and I sang..."theres a whole in my log dear lisa on the way home" (not really I was asleep) also.,....I SAW COASTER FORCE THERE HAPPY B-DAY IAN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was also there today. You may have seen me. I was in a Arsenal shirt with nothing on the back :D Colossus short queues :D It was over 90 minuits basically everytime I looked. I queued for Stealth 3 hours and it broke down :D But we demanded Free Fast track at guest survices. Ride count of the dayStealth-1Colossus-3Detonator-4Inferno-1No way out-1Slammer-1Samurai-1Vortex-1Quantum-1Rush-2Rapids-2Rocky Express-2Fungle Safari-1Total of 21 rides. What was your total?