Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Quite long to be honest, they weren't very bad in length but dispatch times were awful causing low throughputs.

For example, the queue on The Swarm was just past the queueline shop, and it took an hour.

An hour!? Normally the operations on the swarm are amazing compared to other coasters... What were they doing in the station to make such a low throughput?

Quite long to be honest, they weren't very bad in length but dispatch times were awful causing low throughputs. For example, the queue on the swarm was just past the queue line shop, and it took an hour.

I don't know why they haven't sorted this out over closed season. How bad were the SAW queues, because I'm looking at going on that one first next Sunday?

I don't know why they haven't sorted this out over closed season. How bad were the SAW queues, because I'm looking at going on that one first next Sunday?

Should probably be quite quiet if you go there first.

To be honest it wasn't that busy later on in the day, about a 20/30 minute queue - would have been less if they had all the cars running.

It's the first proper weekend of the park being opened; there's gonna be loads of new staff who are still learning the ropes and aren't going to be at full speed with all the pressures of having guests, etc. It's not something that can be 'done over Closed Season'.

It's not great that dispatches are taking longer than they should, but it's an unfortunate fact that things like this will happen. I bet in the next week, throughputs will be a lot better.

Thorpe is an absolute shambles today, probably the poorest opperations I've seen in years, and that includes some very low ponts!

They've just redeemed themselves a little by announcing they are staying open an extra hour until 18.00 hrs. But there are no excuses for what has gone before, I never heard so many people in one place moaning! A lot of unhappy puntets here.

Thorpe is an absolute shambles today, probably the poorest opperations I've seen in years, and that includes some very low ponts!

They've just redeemed themselves a little by announcing they are staying open an extra hour until 18.00 hrs. But there are no excuses for what has gone before, I never heard so many people in one place moaning! A lot of unhappy puntets here.

What's happened?

(Btw do you mean Thorpe or Towers seeing as it's in the Towers trip report section?)

The staff levels for the day were set for a normal very quiet Wednesday. And then it wasn't a normal very quiet Wednesday...

That's weird. They were encouraging on FB and Twitter for people to come if they had they day off school because of Strike Action and, from previous experience, Thorpe does get busy if there's a school strike on.

Seems odd that they didn't get more staff in, when they seemingly were encouraging more-than-normal numbers of guests to come.

Trip report :D

Me and my friend visited thorpe today and I must say I was very impresssed!

Ride count

Saw : 2x

X : 4x

Nemesis inferno : 1x (would have been two but the floor decided to not rise later on in the day so I left the queue as I did not want to waste my time I had left)

Swarm: 4x (3 forwards and 1 backwards) backwards is excellent I finally got to try it :D!

Vortex : 1x (glad it's finally running at full height!)

Quantum: 1x

Stealth: 1x

Loggers Leap : 1x (we got soaked! Haha!)

Rumba Rapids : 1x

Overall:

The staff were all really friendly today and they were actually intrested how your day was going! Overall a really good day :D

This trip I would rate as 10/10

Would have been better if it decided not to pour down with rain at the end of the day!

A very good day overall today, quite a lot of long queues and reliability issues though. Slammer was testing frequently throughout the day at normal full speed which was nice to see. Stealth got evacuated and I got fastrack for any large coaster; it appeared that one of Stealth's trains failed to enter the off-load but I don't have accurate details of it. Also Rumba was drained at one point too but not a clue why. Was very impressed with the operation of The Swarm today and the staff interaction on the Flying Fish.

Saw x2

Colossus x2 (One front row)

The Swarm x1 (Front row)

Inferno x1

Rumba x1

Tidal Wave x1

Storm Surge x1

Loggers x1

X x1

Quantum x2

Storm in a Teacup x1

Rocky Express x1

Very good ride count despite the queues and a solid 8/10 for the day. Could only have been better if a miracle happened and Slammer opened ;)

A very good day overall today, quite a lot of long queues and reliability issues though. Slammer was testing frequently throughout the day at normal full speed which was nice to see. Stealth got evacuated and I got fastrack for any large coaster; it appeared that one of Stealth's trains failed to enter the off-load but I don't have accurate details of it. Also Rumba was drained at one point too but not a clue why. Was very impressed with the operation of The Swarm today and the interaction the Flying Fish.

Saw x2

Colossus x2 (One front row)

The Swarm x1 (Front row)

Inferno x1

Rumba x1

Tidal Wave x1

Storm Surge x1

Loggers x1

X x1

Quantum x2

Storm in a Teacup x1

Rocky Express x1

Very good ride count despite the queues and a solid 8/10 for the day. Could only have been better if a miracle happened and Slammer opened ;)

No Stealth?

Visited Thorpe Park today and I was really impressed. Did all the main rides, but didn't really like Nemesis as I felt very nauseous after it. Slammer was tested but didn't open. Queues were REALLY short, the longest being 20 minutes. The only ride I knew about being down was Loggers Leap when I was in the 'queue.'

Saw x1

Stealth x2

Nemesis Inferno x1

Swarm x1

Colossus x1

Storm Surge x3

Loggers Leap x1

Depth Charge x1

Flying Fish x2

Detonator x1

Vortex x1

Rumba Rapids x2

Maximum queues throughout the day:

Saw - 15 minutes

Stealth - 5 minutes

Nemesis Inferno - 15 minutes

Swarm - 15 minutes

Colossus - 20 minutes

Rumba Rapids - 0 minutes

Storm Surge - 20 minutes

Loggers Leap - 0 minutes

Depth Charge - 10 minutes

Flying Fish - 5 minutes

Detonator - 10 minutes

Vortex - 5 minutes

X - 10 minutes

Tidal wave - 0 minutes

Rush - 15 minutes

Samurai - 20 minutes

Teacups - 0 minutes

Today was an absolutely insane day, after last week being quite busy, we decided to hammer the rides all day today!

RIDECOUNT:

Stealth x13

Nemesis Inferno x10

The Swarm x5

Saw: The Ride x4

X x4

Colossus x1

Samurai x1

Rush x1
Rumba Rapids x1

Park operations were generally good, a couple of hiccups but overall I was impressed. The Swarm's staff seem to spend a long time faffing around, hence why the ridecount on it wasn't as many as I would have liked.

Most of the rides seemed to have had their effects fixed, The Swarm was running with almost all it's effects working, Inferno had seen the lakes touched up and the geyser put back in operation, so hats off to Thorpe for that!

Total: 40 :o

I too visited Thorpe on Sunday. The park at times was very quite with queues under 20mins then walk on & stay on.

Few notes I'll put down, (Won't bore ya with rode this and did that etc)

1. Park Opening, arrived early. Annual Pass holders let in early before day tickets. Heard this trialling atm, anyone know for how long?
  2. Finding somewhere healthy to bite, today didn't want kfc,Bk etc so spent awhile looking but couldnt find anything. So tryed Mexican Cantina (yeah not healthy), for what you get very average.
  3. Taking train off hr+ before park closing. Arrived to Inferno which was running 2 train. Had a ride, then they decided to take a train off, queue builted up. WHY! - Swarm&Stealth walk on were both running 2 trains :glare: (dose my head in)
  4. Colossus running one train
  5. X had lots of fog :good:
  6. Inferno mist wasnt on (Worked Wednesday)
  7. The vests on Swarm were starting to pee me off getting tighter throughout. Out of the many rides I had about 4 were fine.
    Oh and theres GUM on the vest (Train2/Row5/Left Side)
  8. In the morning had to wait for Saw to reopen after adding another car, to get a awful rough one.
  9. Had whole of Swarm byself till everyone arrived

With the ridecount I got. Definitely had one of the best visits on park for awhile ^_^

Ridecount:

Inferno 31
Swarm 30 (3 Front Row & 1Backwards)
Stealth 6
Saw 1
Detonator 1
Loggers 1

Total 74 :P