Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Agreed - very sad.

Due to the weather forecast for the last day of the season being brilliant, I decided to leave everything else and go over for it.

Surprisingly not massive crowds.

Some pleasant encounters, including meeting and riding with TPM members briefly, riding Stealth with a lad who broke his 150 rides for the season, let's not go into figures, another TPM member on his 312th, meeting some familiar members of another club and riding with them a few times. Riding Stealth with other people that Merlin would get annoyed if I mentioned; on Stealth a lady who said she was pleased she ridden it with someone who could calm her, but would never ride it again, and seeing the horse loose on the platform several times.

A great finishing day, a bit of a party atmosphere, and whilst riding ......Stealth, seeing loads of fireworks in the dark at least for an hour.

Thanks Thorpe Park.

Thorpe Park End Of Season:

Ridecount:

Stealth x 5

Inferno x 4

Colossus x3  ( FRONT ROW LAST TRAIN OF SEASON :D )

Saw x 4

Swarm x1 (backwards)

Slammer x 2

Rush x 2

Zodiac x 1

X x1

Vortex x 1

Detty x 2

Carousel x3

Tidal Wave x 1

Loggers x1

Rumba x1

Rocky x 1

Pros

Ride Reliability was excellent today only problems were Tidal opening late and Rumba having a quick breakdown

Queues were short all day

Lots of rerides :)

Park looks stunning in the dark

Staff Friendly 

Last train of the season on Colossus

Cons

Stealth and Inferno opened on one train. (although stealth had a fault with its second and was added later in the day along with infernos.

End of the season :(

Slammer had a power failure about 5:40 ish

Last Day of Carousel 

Overall, today was one of the better days for Thorpe. Ride reliability was very good. Operations were good throughout the park.

Can't wait to revisit in 2015 :)

End of season Trip 9th November An amazing day thorpe's operations the best they have been all year and ride reliability very good as well.

Ride count

Stealth-5

inferno-4 (once front row) (Twice in the dark)

Colossus 3 (front row in the dark last train of the season :) )

Saw the ride-4 (Prehaps the smoothest ride I have ever had on it this morning) 3 front row (once in the dark)

The swarm-1

Rush-2

slammer-2 (once in the dark)

detonator-2 (once in the dark)

Zodiac-1

Vortex-1 (running on a nice long cycle)

X-1

Tidal wave-1

Loggers leap-1 

Rumba rapids-1

Rocky express-1

Carousel-3 (once in the dark)

Positives- Fantastic operations

Carousel music

Thorpe park was actually open for a weekend in November after fright nights for the first time since 2011 and an hour of dark ride time.

Negatives- I had my last ride ever on the carousel at 5.45pm sniff 

Last day of the season No more thorpe for 4 months

Thank you thorpe park for a wonderful year!  :)

never been on the last day of a season before, such a nice atmosphere on park, and the rides ended up on 2 trains and had great reliability, also an hour in the dark was a great bonus!

Ride Count:

Stealth x5

The Swarm x3

Saw x3

Carousel x3 - the last two rides ever!

Nemesis inferno x2

Rumba Rapids x2

Rush x2

Loggers Leap x1

Slammer x1

Colossus x1

Detonator x1

Storm In A Teacup x1

Quantum x1

X x1

Total: 27

with minimal queues under 5 minutes pretty much most of the day except main coasters in the first few hours before they added more trains, could have done so much more, but had a really enjoyable chilled day, amazing day to end the season, just gutted there's so long to wait now til february / march!

• 3 months later...

Okay So went Down To Thorpe today for the first time in what feels like forever  :)

Was A really Good Day actually Really exceeded my expectations.

Ride Count 

Stealth-3 (Once Front row)

The Swarm-4 (First train of the season Front row!)

Flying fish-1

Depth charge-1

Dodgems-2

Storm in a teacup-2

Angry Birds 4D-1 

Saw The Briainiac live show and have to say it provided very funny moment's Also Kudos To the them for being so good in there roles when their microphones Weren't working. I would Rate it a 7/10. Definitely worth watching If you are going this week! 

Positives

The new restaurant in the dome is fabulous and really good value. The food tastes great and combine with the fact it is pretty cheap and you get a lot of food means that I would recommend it! 

My bag Flying out of the teacup and falling out on the floor :lol: was so funny.

Park wasn't busy so was a relaxing day Rather then having to run from ride to ride like some days on the park when it is extremely busy.

Negatives

Can't really think of anything really  :)

(I had To leave) :lol:

In Short Visit This week You'll have a really good Time! It is worth the £5 For standard pass holders IMO.  

Agreed, really enjoyed today's trip, got lots of (the open) rides done Swarm :D yet it felt one of the best (non fright night) trips for some time and one of the most relaxed days at the park for some time.

The bag flying off Teacups was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while, I was laughing hysterically for a good minute.

Short Trip Report from Monday:

We got in the park just after 10am and stayed until it closed.  Whilst there should have been more open, it was nice to get re-rides on Swarm and Stealth with next to no queue (would have been no queue if they were running two trains!)

Braniac Live was almost the same as last year, however there were a few bits that they didn't do last time (such as the electric charge) which made it more interesting.  Still just as good and funny as ever!

RIDECOUNT:
Stealth x14

The Swarm x7

Dodgems x1

4D Cinema x1

Braniac Live x1 (Not a ride but I'm counting it!)

Highlights:

- Some nice improvements have taken place over closed season, such as the new restaurant and coffee shop exterior, and of course the Pizza building which I am yet to see properly.  It seems that they are finally starting to do away with the Atlantis theme of the dome, which is good as it didn't really make much sense.

- Lots of re-rides on Stealth and Swarm, especially front row in the rain!  :D

Lowlights:

- There should have definitely been more rides open.

- 4pm closing is a bit early, opening an hour later and closing at 5pm would have made much more sense in my opinion.

18th February Thorpe Trip Report 

Had a day of work yesterday so decided to take a visit to Thorpe.

Ride Count:

Stealth x8

SWARM x3

Dodgems x1

Fish x1

Storm In A Teacup x3

Angry Birds 4D x1

Total 17

Highlights:

Getting back on Stealth and Swarm

Trying Angry Birds 4D for the first time (it was great)

Lowlights:

Operations were not the best (hopefully one staff are fully trained it will be better)

Despite flying fish closing early, it had a good few rows closed off. one whole car didn't even have seats. I mean its just annoying that it closed early and still it is not fully ready.

All in all though it was a fairly good day, Pizza Pasta was very good!

Swarm is now my favourite coaster, I literally love the thing after yesterdays rides on it now :wub:

Went down to the Brainiac Live "Event" today and actually had a really enjoyable and fun day out!

Paying a five pound fee for a reduced line up, as an annual pass holder is beyond ridiculous, no matter if it's stated in the terms or conditions or not. However, once on park, I put this aside and really had a really exciting and fairly relaxed day.

Ridecount:

Swarm Forwards x7

Swarm Backwards x1

Stealth x13

Angry Birds 4D x1

Dodgems x1

Flying fish x1

Depth charge x1

Brainiac Live x1

Total: 26.

Overall notes:

-Swarm and stealth were on one train operation, with flying fish operating reduced rows. However, this didn't matter as queues didn't top 5-10minutes all day, with the exception of depth charge which I believe reached 15-25minutes.

-King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems had all of the cars operating which was great; first time I have seen all of the cars running! However, the smell is still absolutely disgusting and the ride time seemed considerably shorter than it was last year.

-Storm in a teacup had all of the turntables fixed which was great, however like the Dodgems, the ride time seemed shorter than usual!

-Inferno's Pizza Pasta turned out to be open, which was a big surprise. However, no one seemed to know this and there ended up being plenty of food for a little amount of people. The staff were also really friendly inside and it looks much better overall and feels more spacious. Only downside is that the tables at the moment look really tacky.

-All the staff today were really jolly, however most were quite slow at operations. This didn't matter though as there were virtually no queues and staff interactions were absolutely brilliant! The stealth ride team was amazing and on the last train of the day a ride host told us we had to hold our hands up the whole way round otherwise we owed her five pounds. The operator was also absolutely hilarious and was making jokes down the mic all day! #Onedirection5ever #IloveLiamPain #NyalisOk

-Brainiac Live was also great fun and I really enjoyed it. The lighting and atmosphere was amazing and the actual show was really hilarious, audience engaging and really fun to watch. The science experiments were also pretty cool!

It would have been nice to have a couple of more rides and attractions open, however what was open was running well and the day was relaxed and great fun overall. The sun was shining and the day was brilliant and I look forward to returning in the main season :)

Well for all the hate I was giving February half term, I now see why people love it. Seeing as I pay £5 for summer nights I can justify the amount for Feb.

Ride count:

Dodgems x1

Tea cups x1

Swarm forwards x7

Swarm backwards x1

Stealth x75

Total: 85

Negatives

- Swarm opened at 11:15

- can't feel my hands

Positives

- Crazy ride count

- Staff were good considering the weather

- Lots of other enthusiasts around

- Good atmosphere

- had to wait for stealth twice all day, rest were stay on

Brainiac I didn't see at all but that was a thing I was willing to sacrifice for stealth. Stealth is love, Stealth is life.

I had a bit of a headache from doing stealth 4 times yesterday... 75 is pretty impressive ;)

Looks like you had a nice dead day, my two visits on wednesday and yesterday did have queues between 5 and 20 minutes throughout the day; did they let you wall back through to the station past the bag drop? I love that when I went off peak quite a few times last year, it was amazing aha :)

I'm sorry LC, but I'm annoyed by this. Have you no integrity? You have been making a big song and dance about how Merlin are money grabbers, how Thorpe won't be seeing another penny from you, that you will certainly not be visiting this event as the £5 charge and 2 hour or whatever journey is unjustifiable and then you go and visit for the creds. Oh sorry I forgot it's fine because you bought your MAP with Tesco vouchers etc. Etc. So really you aren't giving them any money, right?

I seriously do not understand why you have made your disdain at this 'event' so clear when you go and visit anyway for the prospect of a good ride count! If Thorpe are that bad to you, and Merlin are that bad a company, do not give them your custom. :)

Sunday 22nd February:

RIDECOUNT:
Stealth x15

The Swarm x11

Depth Charge x1

Flying Fish x1

Braniac Live show x1

We tried the new pizza place today, was quite good although the plates were much too small!  Whilst the interior decoration isn't anything spectacular, it's quite nice and much better than the blandness of the new Burger Kitchens etc.

The park was quiet again so one train operation wasn't really a problem, although The Swarm opened late and did a lot of tests in the morning, so they were obviously having a few problems there.

Roll on March!