Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went on Friday got there 9:30 was busy all day the ques were not to bad stealth and colosus had he biggest ques which were 80 mins no major breakdowns quantum had a problem and was shut for a bit then reopened..Staff were all happy. Got about 11 rides in so overall a good day.Ride countColossus:1Nemesis inferno:3Samurai:1Storm in a teacup:1Vortex:1Quantum:3Loggers leap:1Going back on tuesday with my school can't wait. :angry:

Went Today, arrived at 11.30, left at 5.Was Farely Busy, so couldnt be bothered to over ride things, so had another relaxed day, which was pretty nice. I took my instant disatisfaction of Rush being closed out on Vortex, by passing riding it whilst my other 2 friends did :angry:. So off Colossus (=O) next, which I found Row 13 to be fairly smooth for once. Actually found a slight bit of enjoyment from it.Loggers and Detonator were next, followed by FOOD! All of Rumbas effects were off so didn't bother with it, decided to do Stealth instead. Basically rode Detonator for much of the day, with some other rides Samurai, Stealth and Loggers too. Stealth X2Detonator X5Loggers X2Colossus X1Samurai X1Depth Charge X1

• 2 weeks later...

I went on the 8th with Frankie (Holly and Joe (we don't count them because they ran off... together :D)it seemed busyish because of the temperature and closure of 3 main rides...anyway... ride count :(Depth Charge x 1Detanator x 2Nemesis Inferno x 1Mr. Monkey... x 2Rumba Rapids x 2Loggers Leap x 2Samurai x 1Slammer x 1Zodiac x 1SIAT x 2Flying Fish x 3 =SQuantum x 2Rocky Express x 2And after every ride or so, we went back to tidal wave and got a good splash before going on something else :D

• 3 weeks later...

Took a trip to thorpe yesterday. The park was pretty busy and quese varied in major rides from about 30 mins- 1 hr 30 mins. Nemesis Inferno was very busy throughout the day considering there was no Colossus to even and out the queues. Suprisingly from what I saw Stealth wasn't too bad quewise and we only had to queue about 30 mins for it. Colossus and rush were closed all day, work going on up on the rush scaffolding was a good sign =], but nothing on Colossus as far as I could see. I was pretty impressed by the way thorpe were operating rides, the coasters open were on 2 traines each and were running quickly, flats were also running pretty quickly. Slammer had a breakdown, no suprise, and as far as I could see that was it. Anyways got on Nemesis Inferno, X no way out, Slammer, Vortex, Tidal Wave, Loggers leap and Stealth with a lil fastrack help. Not too bad for a ride count. Weather was great all day and yh pretty good day. =].

Went to Thorpe yesterday too, was a good day. ;) Great start to the day, got walk on on Vortex, Zodiac and then only a 25 minute queue for front seat on Stealth. I love watching peoples expressions in the queue its just great! Slammer was pretty much walk on but then the park started to get busy so we queued up quite a while for Samurai.Decided to go on Loggers Leap later in the day, haven't been on it for ages was a long queue. I got pretty wet even on the first drop which you don't normally, great fun though.Got on some of the smaller rides as well: Flying Fish, Storm in a teacup, Rocky Express.Massive queue for Nemesis Inferno all day as master iskander said. It was the longest I've ever had to queue for it.Ride count (16):Vortex - 2Zodiac - 1Stealth (Front Seat) - 1Slammer - 2Samurai - 3Flying Fish - 1Storm in a Teacup - 1Rocky Express - 1Loggers Leap - 1Nemesis Inferno -2Rumba Rapids -1

Great day. Started off with a completely dead park, until about 12. We do the normal riding of Inferno in the morning after we meet up with someone.After, we did Stealth front row. Came back round and it got stuck. We got evacuated! They got the battery thing out and unlocked the restraints. Completely Nathans fault :PSo that was stuffed for a bit and we did Rumba while waiting for the restart. Stealth restarted and we walked straight onto front row again. Then we did single rider AND I got another front row ride!! :P Happy me! - Rumba has got a new queue line going in. - Colossus is having modifications to its queue. That’s why it’s closed. - Rush looks the same as it has been. - The station groundwork’s are coming along on Dylan. - Inferno's water effect work under the V. Loop!!!!! - Stealth's SMOKE EFFECTS work!!!!Ride count:Stealth: 8 (4 front row)Inferno: 6 (1 front)Fish: 2 (1 front)Slammer: 1Loggers: 1Samurai: 1Vortex: 1Quantum: 1Zodiac: 1Rumba: 123 rides. We took it slow. The staff was brilliant and we just had fun with some.PHOTOS: The SignsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageColossus Building SitePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI liked this angle...Posted ImageInferno Effects! Not operated for years!Posted ImageVideo, as its amazing. You don't see this everyday ;)Posted ImageANDStealth Now has Smoke!Posted ImageRush Water dummies! (That they were draging out from Colossus)Posted ImageFinally DylanPosted ImagePosted ImageAnd thats all I can show you.

- Colossus is having modifications to its queue. That’s why it’s closed.

Not the reason its closed, the modifications are either due to the findings, or they were planning to do them anyway but its a convenient time to do it.

It's really good to see that the park is making an effort this year to get some of the effects working again and maintaining the park rather than what they have been doing of recent years and just letting everything fall apart.

Me and some friends also went on Thursday 3rd JulyWas a great day! We were also stuck on the Stealth Train when the restraints would'nt release! was funny we were in the 2nd and 3rd rows.Yep smoke on stealth looked great and liked the water effect on inferno - had never seen it before yesterday.We got there about 10 and left at 6.20.Started quietish then got slowly busier but the que's were no longer tha about 50 mins (except for stealth which at one point was showing 70 mins) but the staff were all great and made the ques and experience great.Weather was nice all day with only a light shower or two then at about 4pm the heavens opened and the thunder and lightning started. (but the rides didn't seem to stop) saw most rides still operating.STEALTH: 3 timesInferno: 2 times (once at front)Samurai: 2 timesLoggers: 3 timesSlammer 2 timesZodiac: onceVortex: twiceFish: onceDetonator: onceTidal wave: twiceRumba: twice

They have added a fast track entrance, rope fencing dividing the whole entrance, not sure if its permanent, but by the ramp up to the turn table, there was someone batching people in.Went to Thorpe today, was pretty crap really due to weather, but it was cool with marc and martin and sam.

I went today (Friday 11th July 2008) with school,it was ok (ish), didn't really get on much, but that was because we arrived at 10:30 and left at 2:30 =/anyway, ridecount:Stealth: 2 times (Front on both :))Rocky Express: 1Flying Fish: 1SIAT: 1Rumba: 1Quantum: 2Rush: 1Zodiac: 1Tidal wave opened @ 2:25 just as we were leavingSmoke on Stealth is looking good (Y)Colossus was closed: Here are some pictures of the wooden stuff:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageI got on more than I though I would...Rush' swings were really out of sync :P Swing A was staying up longer than swing B and as they came down they both met at about 20 degrees to the side nearest Stealth :P but yh, 2 swings...Thats it ya'll