Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I went on my 8th vist to thorpe yesterday and had a great day. It was the first time I had been to thorpe since getting my name on a stealth seat so I got my free tickets into the park my annual pass I get and used my V.I.P fast track so all the queues for me were only five minutes or less for me. The first ride we went on was rush which we got a lot of swings on compared to normal then we went on to vortex and got bottom ride as per normal for me so that was boring. We then went on Colossus at the front which was good and we then went on samurai and I must say it was more intense than it has ever been before and it matched the intesity of when it was at chessie. Our next two rides were loggers and nemesis which were both great and I got soaked on loggers which I never used to get. we then went over to stealth and I went on my seat for the first time and as normal did not fail to excite me. We then did another curcuit of the ride order I just gave and then on my second visit to Stealth the queue did actually reach 2 and a half hours at one point and then but I used my fast track an and it broke down 2 rides before I was going to get on at the front. They had launched the train and it made it around the track but the next train did not move fowards so the other train was at at the last corner. It toke around 20 mins to get it going again but during the breakdown they kept mentioning the pumps in the whinch room and then we saw the catch car come down the track and there seemed to be a large dent on it and they were mesureing it and then we heard that they may have to shut the ride but then 5 minutes after it opened so the dent could not have been to serious. Amazingly this was the only breakdown of the day that I saw so it looks promising for stealth. Eventually we got on our ride and it was amazing like normal. We then had lunch and after went back on stealth and did all the other rides many more times before leaving. In all it was a great day out. My ride count for the day and the order of my favorite of the day:Stealth = 8Samurai = 5 (It was the best its ever been)Slammer = 3Colossus = 4 Nemesis = 5Rush = 3Vortex = 3 (I got two high swings in the end so not too bad.)Loggers Leap = 2Tidal wave = 1Rapids = 1Detonator = 0 (Because its boring.)Zodiac = 0 (Also because its boring.)Quantum = 0 (Same reason.)X No Way Out = 0 (Also same reason.)

I went to thorpe park 3 sep too...it was quite busy... first ride detonator with about a 5min queue cos stealth was closed! then we queued for nemesis for bout 10 mins?!? next we went off to slammer which was walk on... through out the whole day I thinkwe got a fastrack with xnwo and Colossus etc(extreme I think?) and rode them with no queues! and stealth faastrack that we used at the very end after closing twice! that was about 10mins......also thoughout the day we went onzodiac-15 minsrush-50 mins with a 15 min closing cos of sum1 pewking on the ride! funwe left at about 4BUT we went to the BBQ place at rangers county/canada creek... and I got a BAD stomach after... had to sacrifice my 50 min wait for rush... and couldnt move when I got home :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to thorpe park 3 sep too...it was quite busy... first ride detonator with about a 5min queue cos stealth was closed! then we queued for nemesis for bout 10 mins?!? next we went off to slammer which was walk on... through out the whole day I thinkwe got  a fastrack with xnwo and Colossus etc(extreme I think?) and rode them with no queues! and stealth faastrack that we used at the very end after closing twice!  that was about 10mins......also thoughout the day we went onzodiac-15 minsrush-50 mins with a 15 min closing cos of sum1 pewking on the ride! funwe left at about 4BUT we went to  the BBQ place at rangers county/canada creek... and I got a BAD stomach after... had to sacrifice my 50 min wait  for rush... and couldnt move when I got home :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As soutfin said complain. You may get a free Burger :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Went Thorpe Yesterday for my first fright night of the year. Was a very enjoyable day. I woke up thinking the park would have been packed but it wasn't. Maybe it was just a lucky birthday for me :lol: At the start of the day Stealth, Rush and Loggers Leap were closed, which was quite a disapointment, but when stealth opened at about 12:30 I got the first ride of the day. Got a single rider band and got on a few more rides as I would have done queueing the normal queue line. Anyway here is a ride count of the day, the numbers next to it was a rough estimate of the queue line time.Stealth - 8 (45 mins)Samurai - 4 (25 mins) (2 Manual Settings)Inferno - 4 (10 mins)Colossus - 3 (15-20mins)Slammer - 4 (2 mins)Detonator - 1 (25 mins)Vortex - 2 (15 mins)Quantum - 1 (5 mins)Rush - 2 (15 mins)Loggers Leap - 2 (5-10 mins)Rumba - 2 ( 5 mins)Depth Charge - (cant really estmate it as got the last ride of day)X:\ - 3 (5 mins)Then for the mazes we got Freaky FastrackHellgate - 2 (one fastrack and one normal queue, queue line took 5 mins as we were one of the first in)Asylum - 1Se7en - 1

This is the first time I have got too post my report(my computer is broken) anwyay I went to fright nights on 14th october.We got there at about 2pm all rides were available except rush.... :lol: Got a ride on stealth in the light which gave me a large adreniline rush..yayOnce everythign got dark ti was tiem for more stealth,colossos and n:IMy favorite in the dark si between stealth and eNemesise inferno althoguh stealth is just slightly better. Ride count if I can remember:stealth-3 (only ride that was busy)N:I-5Colossos-3quatum-1rush-1 (it was open for an hour)XNWO-1slammer-o (didnt open until 9 and was on stealth then)aylum-1se7en-3 (not much of a queue)hellgate-1Really enjoyed tp but sadly that was my last trip(partly due to my parents getting a divorce :( )However next year I will be getting an anual pass and will stay at the chessi horel I'm going to blackpool and Oakwood(it's in wales)

• 3 weeks later...

Woo trip reportageLast day of season with Dann and Clara and James and Joe was pritty cool! Park was pritty quiet and pritty strange really, many fanboys and girls around park and loads of happy staff! Didnt see much break stelath a couple of times and zodiac. Rush and slammer wernt open as they kinda had no bars!Count:Stealth 3 (one front)Vortex 4Depth charge 1Samurai 5?Detty 5?Colossus 1x no way out 1loggers leap 1rumba rapids 1rocky express 1Thats all I think!

Samurai was very rofl yesterday has trouble lowering and just gives us another go once lowered pretty cool :DVery good day yesterday...so sad now that its closedCount:Stealth 3Colossus 1Depth charge 1Vortex 2Samurai 4Detty 5 X no way out 1Loggers leap 2Rumba rapids 3Rocky express 1Quantum 1Detty last ride of season didn't make it to stealth as there was a bit of jinxing from.... Mention no names :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today, this will be a long report.Went to Monks today, and found, a lot. Photos and videos are at the end of post.Arrived at the park gates at about 2PM, and wondered though. New foliage and new flower beds created for traffic.Couldn't see much, but bthe first thing I saw was Zodiac testing. It had one short test, and that was it for the day. I couldn't see much from the whole park view, as of the mahoosive arena currently in the car park. Good luck to them for getting it down by the 10th. The Fish has a crane nurturing it, but I couldn't really see much, becuase of foliage. Nothing else was testing, but I turned, and saw that an area of the fence had been blown down, to reveal the area of the 09 Hotel. The area is flat, all Infilled, and by the looks of it, ready to go. I presume the application has been successful, but I'm not totally sure. The site is gigantic. Lots of activity going on around the craft fair, and you can bank on it, that it won't be packed down by opening day. Drove round to Monks, and wondered down. CCR is still there, but in need of TLC. First thing we saw was the road use happening down by treasure island. Trucks are using the pathway built in the summer to get to treasure island/Rumba area. I saw a grand total of two trucks driving past, hence the dirtyness of the boats. Lots, I mean, Loads of soil is being moved to below Samurai. Inferno's PLC and power Tower where whirring away, and lots of loud bangs coming from area. It was prob being tested in the morning. Can't confirm though.Two men were fixing the Rumba Shower, so it may be in use this season. Kept on walking, and Rocky is still in pieces, and Slammer has still got no hat. Samurai has no pods, and infilling is blatatantly happening. Skip by 'Prize Every Time' in CC. Not sure what for.I expect the Samurai pods will be out on tommorrow, or next week, as the crane was in place ready. I couldn't see much of the Samurai infilling, but more on that later. Kept walking, across the second bridge, but the angle was wrong, so still no pictures of the infilling. On the second island behind the CCR tent, I wondered into teh barmbles, and got some pictures of the Flats - I.E Vortex, Rush, Zodiac. Wondered inf urther, when it came to my attention taht this would be the perfect area for the 2009 coaster. I'm not saying that this is where it will be, but it seems a damn good idea. Video Below. Took some pictures of more Flats, but AGAIN the angle was wrong for the infilling. Wondered out, walked all the way back up Monks, and drove back to the Front Gate. Took a few beautiful pictures of the sunset, and drove further down, finally got some images of the Infilling, and great skyline shots.Positives:-Found out that the hotel will be probably be going ahead.-Found out a possible area for 09 coaster.-Great pictures for future refernece.-Lovely Pizza in Staines [Pizza Express] Negatives:-Lost mother when walking around second island.-Park Closed [Obv, but meh.]Videos:Video Of Area of 2009 HotelPossible area of 2009 coasterPictures:Car Park AlterationsFront GatesHotel AreaHotel Area 2Enterance of HotelDiggers in process of Infilling [blurred slightly]If you look hard enough, you'll see there is a Red Truck delivering soil via TW.Truck in right. I always missed them for some reason.Rumba Rapids Boats: Uncovered.Jippy **** working on RR.Especially for Cringle, it's a bobsliegh car.Another truck now going back to TW.When the working mans day is done, he shuts up shop.Stealth and the SunsetA Stealth In The SunSkylineAnd Finally, The Infilling Of Samurai.These are the best ones, the whole lot are HereSebastian

• 3 weeks later...

I went to TP today (10th feb. 07) and it was rubbish but they are building a new roller coaster and the staff would not tell me anything,I would have to wait and see but it will go underground like Oblivion at Alton Towers. The view of Canada Creek Was extrodenary, Slammer was in pieces and so was The Rockey Express, And Samurai had not pods and the park had fenced off from the Colossus Entrance to the fence by Colossus's Loop. Calypso Quay was silent apart from Pizza Hut where we all had lunch. Thorpe Park had drawn a line from Colossus to Stealth, all rides past Stealth And Colossus were Shut due to weather conditions which was not true because I asked a staff memeber why half of them were not open and the relpy was in the closed season they take appart all of the rides and paint them and make sure they're ok, which was not true because Colossus was all rusty like Tidle Wave. Canada Creek was fenced off because the machines were filling in the lake by Samurai and the path had machines on it in Canada Creek. But The Ranger County was in action with Mr. Monkey's Bananah Ride And Chief Ranger's Carousel But Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari was shut. Rush was in terrible condition, part of the Q-line fence was destroyed and the nets over the Q-line and the other net on the other side by Zodiac were in bad condition they were split or they had come off the brown supports. Stealth wasn't any different but the staff memers said it was not 0-80MPH in 1.1 seconds its 0-80MPH in 1.9 seconds and they havn't even changed any of the adverts in the park or at they race car tyre entrance of Stealth. The Stunts Arena still had the halloween horror maze 'Se7en' Fire Torches up and inside the Arena was the grey/silver tempory fencing but the white tent had gone. Hellgate was all there with the entrance tunnel to enter the maze. From the Colossus Q I saw the Freak Show 3D Information sign and in the Stunts Arena the Se7en Infromation sign was still stuck on the wall. The Park still had the adverts by Rush for 'Fright Nights' 2006. I asked one of the staff members why Colossus only had one train working and the reply was they were still repairing the train, but I thought they had 3 trains. Stealth only had 1 train running to, and they haven't changed the border on the on-ride photos from 2.3 seconds to 1.9 seconds.ADMIN COMMENT: Please use paragraphs in future. Post edited.