Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Just got back from having a fantastic day at THORPE. Was there from about quarter past 10 till 3Was slightly disappointed to begin with as the same time last year was walk-on almost everything and the business surprised me today. Anyhoo went straight to Colossus and really just couldn't be bothered with SAW, After Colossus went to Stealth to find its down so did Nemesis Inferno which was a lot better than I remembered it , then went back to Stealth and then detonator which is still the only ride in the park that gives me the exact same rush everytime and the only one to scare me. The rest of the day was made up of Rush, Loggers Leap, Tidal Wave, Rumba Rapids, and re-rides. A brilliant day but once again the best part was probably the company I had and wasn't because of the park. One thing that annoyed me was the incredibly slow dispatches the second time I qued for Nemesis Inferno , This was due to guests to the park consistently trying to take off trainers to ride and people trying to ride with there bags... , The board advertised 30 mins but turned into about an hour which wasnt great as I needed to leave by a certain time and this meant I was cutting it seriously fine. Also Rush's loading was quite slow with quite a long amount of time in between each ride which I think was because there wasn't enough staff working on it with the staff actually working on it having to do multiple jobs. Ride Count:Stealth x 1 average Que ( about 30 mins I think)Nemesis Inferno x 2 ( about 30 mins again)Detonator x 2 ( 20 mins)Colossus x 1 ( went up to 80 at one point but averaged at about 50 I think)Rush x 2 ( 20 - 40 mins) Loggers Leap x 1 ( only saw it once at about 12 when it was 15 mins)Tidal Wave x 1 ( 20 mins) Rumba rapids x 1 ( 10-25 mins)A couple of others but cant remember. Overall a great day but how is one ride bringing in SO many people to make a day that would usually be all ques below 15 mins at least to a relatively busy day.Was an absolutely swealteringly hot day today :blink:

Just got back from having a fantastic day at THORPE. Was there from about quarter past 10 till 3Was slightly disappointed to begin with as the same time last year was walk-on almost everything and the business surprised me today. Anyhoo went straight to Colossus and really just couldn't be bothered with SAW, After Colossus went to Stealth to find its down so did Nemesis Inferno which was a lot better than I remembered it , then went back to Stealth and then detonator which is still the only ride in the park that gives me the exact same rush everytime and the only one to scare me. The rest of the day was made up of Rush, Loggers Leap, Tidal Wave, Rumba Rapids, and re-rides. A brilliant day but once again the best part was probably the company I had and wasn't because of the park. One thing that annoyed me was the incredibly slow dispatches the second time I qued for Nemesis Inferno , This was due to guests to the park consistently trying to take off trainers to ride and people trying to ride with there bags... , The board advertised 30 mins but turned into about an hour which wasnt great as I needed to leave by a certain time and this meant I was cutting it seriously fine. Also Rush's loading was quite slow with quite a long amount of time in between each ride which I think was because there wasn't enough staff working on it with the staff actually working on it having to do multiple jobs. Ride Count:Stealth x 1 average Que ( about 30 mins I think)Nemesis Inferno x 2 ( about 30 mins again)Detonator x 2 ( 20 mins)Colossus x 1 ( went up to 80 at one point but averaged at about 50 I think)Rush x 2 ( 20 - 40 mins) Loggers Leap x 1 ( only saw it once at about 12 when it was 15 mins)Tidal Wave x 1 ( 20 mins) Rumba rapids x 1 ( 10-25 mins)A couple of others but cant remember. Overall a great day but how is one ride bringing in SO many people to make a day that would usually be all ques below 15 mins at least to a relatively busy day.Was an absolutely swealteringly hot day today :blink:

So, I'm guessing a slight improvement to your last visit? :P

Right trip report for today :PStarted off at 9:00 and there were already people outside the AP enterance and loads of people queuing for tickets, the first thing I said was "this is alot buisier tahn I expected".We got into the park at around 9:50 (opened 10mins early) and headed straight for SAW, we waited untill 10:00 and it opened with us waiting about 5mins in the main queue.After that we headed for Samurai and waited around 10mins and had a great go on Row 3.Then we went to Stealth, to find it was broken down, we thne went to Nemesis Inferno and waited again about 10mins and got on nicely on the back row, whilst queuing we saw Stealth go over so we headed to Stealth again after Nemesis Inferno, we joined a 15min queue for Stealth and half way through it had broken down again, we waited 5mins then they said it was looking like a long time untill it would be fixed so we left, we then went over to Canada Creek to get on Loggers Leap, we waited about 15mins and got slightly wet, after that we went for the buffet at Pizza Hut, after lunch we wanderd around looking for small queues we then stunbled upon Depth Charge and did that twice, waiting around 5mins each time.We then went to Tidal Wave and waited about 20mins for it, we then did Zodiac twice and Stealth single rider.We then went to X and waited about 20mins, pretty rubbish, I used to like it but now I wish they would get rid of it.After that we did Zodiac again and Mr Monkeys Banana Ride, and Rocky Express and another Loggers.I think we did Stealth single rider again after that and Quantum with a quick go on Rumba, after that it was getting quite close to 6:00 so we did Colossus with a 20min queue and after that quickly got into Stealth and went front seats in about 20mins.Ride CountStealth = 3 (with Alfonso operating the baggage :P)Colossus = 1Nemesis Inferno = 1SAW - The Ride = 1Samurai = 1Loggers Leap = 2 (with a very funny photo :D)Zodiac = 3Depth Charge = 2Banana Ride = 1Rumba Rapids = 1Tidal Wave = 1Quantum = 1X\: No Way Out = 1Ride Queue TimesSAW - The Ride = 5mins when we rode but quickly shot up to 120 when we left our ride and stayed like that pretty much all day.Colossus = 50 but went up to 80 at one point.Nemesis = Didn't see it go over 45minsStealth = around 50 all day but went up to 60 at one point.Samurai = 60minsVortex = 30minsX\: No Way Out = 30minsRumba = 10-25minsDetonator = 30minsDepth Charge = 5-15minsRush = 15-40minsZodiac = Pretty much walk on.Quantum = 5minsLoggers Leap = 20-30minsTidal Wave = 20-25minsIt was a pretty good day overall but much buisier than I expected and I think James6 would agree.

Yep definitely When first walked in the amount of cars in park and the Que length to get in seemed near identical to in Easter half term., Like I said before , how does one ride change a day that was Walk-ons last year into almost hour Ques for the main rides!? And good to see our Que times are pretty similar , Some rides I only passed a few times so Just put that. And Interesting to see at the start of the day we had a pretty similar layout/ride order. :P

Another Trip Report for you all :DThe day started at about 8:45 when we arrived at the park and it wasn't too busy then.We got into the park at 9:15 and headed for SAW, it opened at around 9:45 and we got row 3 which is my favorite, I got the photo of our ride which was my 10th ride on SAW.We then went on Samurai with about a 5min queue but it would have been about 10mins but there was a space for two on row 3 and we got offered it so it cut our queuing in half :PThen we went to Stealth and which was broken down so we went to Nemesis which was walk on :PAfter that we went to Detonator and queued for about 15mins after that was Zodiac which surpirisingly had about a 20min queue, we then went on Quantum with a 10min queue, by this time it was about 12 and we saw Stealth go over with people on it so of course we went to Stealth, it had just opened so it had about a 20min queue, we had just got to the bit where the main and front queue split and they said it had broken down, we waited for another 20mins and it got working again so we got a bit further forward and it had broken down yet again, then we waited for another 10mins and they kept testing it but one train was only just making it over the top so they had to take it off to get it repaired so it was now on only one train and becuase we had gone for front seats we actually waited about 1hour more than we should have done.We then had lunch at the buffet and after that did Loggers Leap with about a 30min queue.We then got a bit annoyed becuase in Storm in a Teacup we had to go with a group of chavs and we said to the girl opperating it if we could wait and she said no so we ended up leaving the ride without getting our ride, at this point I got very annoyed with Storm In A Teacup and what had happened with Stealth so we went to guest services to complain and we managed to get an exit pass each so we went to Stealth to use it.My friend had never been on Flying Fish so we went on that.Next was X:\ No Way Out, not much to say here other than I have lost my taste in it.We then went on Time Voyagers (waste of time) and did Rush wiht a 10min queue :Dand then Detonator again and a funny thing happend on this two girls were pushing past everyone and the guy opperating it said "Thorpe Park does not accept queue jumpers could you please leave the queue" everyone started laughing as the girls made the walk of shame out of the queue(made my day) by this time it was about 5, so we went around looking for short queues and we found Rumba with about a 10minute queue, so we did that and then finally did Depth Charge with a 30min queue.Ride CountStealth - 2Nemesis Inferno - 1SAW - The Ride - 1Samurai - 1Rush - 1X:\ No Way Out - 1Quantum - 1Zodiac - 1Loggers Leap - 1Depth Charge - 1Detonator - 2Flying Fish - 1Ride Queue TimesSAW - The Ride - 2 Hours 20minsColossus - 65-85minsNemesis - Didn't reach over 60minsStealth - Roughly 2hours at peak.Rush - *One Swing* 60mins at peak.Samurai - 40minsVortex - 30minsX:\ No Way Out - 45minsTidal Wave - 10mins max.Detonator - 25-35minsLoggers Leap - 30mins pretty much all day.Rumba Rapids - about 15- 25minsFishy - 10minsStorm In A Teacup - 10minsDepth Charge - 30minsQuantum - 15mins at peak.Zodiac - 30mins :DOverall not a bad day not as busy as I had expected and didn't need Fastrack but I think my trip on Friday was better.*Also whilst SAW - The Ride Fastrack is still unavailable the DVDs are and they show you a preview of it like they do in the photos, the DVD cases also look quite impressive and possibly worth the £12*

Tbh it sounds like a better day than I had, although we saw Nemesis's queue at 70 minutes and Detonator at 50 but what the hey. I would post a full trip report but my group ended up arguing and I buggered off home :PNemesis Inferno x1X:/ No Way Out x1Loggers Leap x1Banana x1Rocky Express x1Flying Fish x1Rumba x1Teacups x2Lame.

Rush at 10 minutes!?I queued 70 minutes for it, and that was at about 12, when it had only been open half an hour or so.Being on one swing, and with fasttrack being allowed on, only about 10 people were being allowed on from the main queue each time. Tbh, they shouldn't operate fast-track when it's on reduced capacity, much like they haven't with Saw.

Thursday 7th May 2009First off I arrived waaaaay too early so I decided to bore myself humming the entrance theme, as usual when the gates opened I ran to saw but again it was down, we were asked to go on other rides while we wait. I was going to go on Samurai but boom the first ride of the day didnt even get going and had to be shutdown for about 20minutes so off to nemesis I went, after that a good 'ol ride on Vortex, while on it I saw people in the queue line for saw, no pun intended. I got there to find out they still werent letting people in so I waited another 15 minutes to sort out their jibba jabba. I got on and I didnt really notice the difference with the new wheels, it seemed alot slower for me and not as thrilling. But anyway I would usually go for two more rides in the SRQ then bugger off somewhere else so I did and was expecting the queue line to shoot up, but no.. It stayed at 45 - 1 hour for most of the day which ment the SRQ was deserted so I had my personal queue line :oI looked at slammer like it was a death trap but sure I did brave it not once.. but twice! although its probably the most uncomfortable ride I have been on, I finally have gone on every ride at thorpe! Of course Colossus was not working but started testing at 3pm and opened at 4pm surprisingly. In my opinion it was an extremley quiet day with the maximum wait for a ride at an hour for saw which went down to 30mins pretty quickly.Ride Count SAW: The Ride - x9Colossus - x1Nemesis - x1Stealth - x5Rush - x5Vortex - x3Slammer - x2Zodiac - x1Detonator - x1Queue Times SAW: The Ride - 30min most of the dayColossus - I didnt look at the end but I'd expect it to have been an hour or soNemesis - 45minStealth - 10min all day (yes really)Rush - 0minVortex - 0minZodiac - 0minQuantum - 0minDetonator - 10minTidal Wave - 0min Slammer - 10minSamurai - 30-45min10/10 Best day I've had at Thorpe

Another Trip Report for you all :)The day started at about 8:45 when we arrived at the park and it wasn't too busy then.We got into the park at 9:15 and headed for SAW, it opened at around 9:45 and we got row 3 which is my favorite, I got the photo of our ride which was my 10th ride on SAW.We then went on Samurai with about a 5min queue but it would have been about 10mins but there was a space for two on row 3 and we got offered it so it cut our queuing in half :oThen we went to Stealth and which was broken down so we went to Nemesis which was walk on :DAfter that we went to Detonator and queued for about 15mins after that was Zodiac which surpirisingly had about a 20min queue, we then went on Quantum with a 10min queue, by this time it was about 12 and we saw Stealth go over with people on it so of course we went to Stealth, it had just opened so it had about a 20min queue, we had just got to the bit where the main and front queue split and they said it had broken down, we waited for another 20mins and it got working again so we got a bit further forward and it had broken down yet again, then we waited for another 10mins and they kept testing it but one train was only just making it over the top so they had to take it off to get it repaired so it was now on only one train and becuase we had gone for front seats we actually waited about 1hour more than we should have done.We then had lunch at the buffet and after that did Loggers Leap with about a 30min queue.We then got a bit annoyed becuase in Storm in a Teacup we had to go with a group of chavs and we said to the girl opperating it if we could wait and she said no so we ended up leaving the ride without getting our ride, at this point I got very annoyed with Storm In A Teacup and what had happened with Stealth so we went to guest services to complain and we managed to get an exit pass each so we went to Stealth to use it.My friend had never been on Flying Fish so we went on that.Next was X:\ No Way Out, not much to say here other than I have lost my taste in it.We then went on Time Voyagers (waste of time) and did Rush wiht a 10min queue :(and then Detonator again and a funny thing happend on this two girls were pushing past everyone and the guy opperating it said "Thorpe Park does not accept queue jumpers could you please leave the queue" everyone started laughing as the girls made the walk of shame out of the queue(made my day) by this time it was about 5, so we went around looking for short queues and we found Rumba with about a 10minute queue, so we did that and then finally did Depth Charge with a 30min queue.Ride CountStealth - 2Nemesis Inferno - 1SAW - The Ride - 1Samurai - 1Rush - 1X:\ No Way Out - 1Quantum - 1Zodiac - 1Loggers Leap - 1Depth Charge - 1Detonator - 2Flying Fish - 1Ride Queue TimesSAW - The Ride - 2 Hours 20minsColossus - 65-85minsNemesis - Didn't reach over 60minsStealth - Roughly 2hours at peak.Rush - *One Swing* 60mins at peak.Samurai - 40minsVortex - 30minsX:\ No Way Out - 45minsTidal Wave - 10mins max.Detonator - 25-35minsLoggers Leap - 30mins pretty much all day.Rumba Rapids - about 15- 25minsFishy - 10minsStorm In A Teacup - 10minsDepth Charge - 30minsQuantum - 15mins at peak.Zodiac - 30mins :DOverall not a bad day not as busy as I had expected and didn't need Fastrack but I think my trip on Friday was better.*Also whilst SAW - The Ride Fastrack is still unavailable the DVDs are and they show you a preview of it like they do in the photos, the DVD cases also look quite impressive and possibly worth the £12*

how did you get in at 9:15,it opens at 9:30???

Right, heres my trip report for today,I stayed in the park from 9:30 - 12:30, I ran straight over to Stealth, It was closed, so I went on the front row of Nemesis Inferno (and shouted Coasterforce) which was a walk on. :) After that I went on Samurai, again a walk on. Then SRQ on Saw at 5 Mins. After that Rush, Detonator and Loggers Leap.The longest I had to wait 20 minutes!Ridecount:Saw: 5 (SRQ For The Win!)Nemesis Inferno: 2Stealth: 1Rush: 1Detonator: 1Loggers Leap: 1Highlights: The manly bloke who had a girly scream on a Saw. The staff who said "Dem girls in the queue ar S**ting themselves 'cause that masked guy in the queue." Making freinds in the SRQ's. Shouting Coasterforce.Lowlights: None!

My trip report for today using priority disabled passes due to my dad inviting himself :S I was there from about 11:30 to 5:30Ride CountDepth Charge - 1 Nemesis Inferno - 2 Colossus - 2 Rumba River Rapids - 2 Saw the Ride - 3 Samurai - 1 Loggers Leap - 1Tidal Wave - 3 (it was kinda hot)Zodiac - 2Quantum - 2Vortex - 1 Rocky Express - 1We took the train/bus from Staines Station and arrived at the park at about 11:10, my friends then got their tickets and we finally got in at like 11:30 As my dad, being the annoying guy that he is by inviting himself and then his disabled friend so we had 2 passes :S, got his priority pass, the rest of us all went on Depth Charge, which I came off dry... again! Then we walked over to Nemesis and got on within five minutes. Great first coaster of the day. We then went over to Colossus and got on that, which was okay. Then as we waited for the card times to work again we headed over to Rumba Rapids and then since we were all soaked decided to go on Tidal Wave twice. Then we made it to Saw!! After being disappointed at the syringe pens being sold out (damn I wanted one :)) We got on within like two minutes, this weird girl in a red mask stalked me and I laughed at her face out of what I would call nerves? But that flipping first drop got me again, then that woman being ripped in half or whatever it was meant to be, in the barrel roll was funny to watch. Then it was fun going up and feeling like we were about to fall backwards, then it crashed over the top and I managed to stay hands free for the first time, wooh! =D Then we went on Samurai which is amazing and new as always! Whilst waiting for our passes to finish we hit lunch and went to the Calypso BBQ place and I had a yummy Piri Piri Chicken Burger and Lattice fries, but how much onion did they put on..? I began to think that instead of knives they used axes and shovels.. I think the onion slice and tomato slice was bigger than the actual burger. After that we went on Rocky Express (omg isn't it great? :o) and Loggers Leap. Since we were already wet we head over to Tidal Wave and went on it for a third time :D Then we headed to Stealth and the first time all day I was pissed off. We were about to get on and it didn't start and was down for about 3 hours until 5pm. So we trotted over to the Lost City and got on Colossus in record timing of about 2 minutes, then we hit Zodiac, Quantum x2 and Vortex. Then my friends all went on detonator but me being the chicken I am refused to go on the stupid drop tower (bad experience with them). Then we went over to Samurai and omg yet again it broke down just as we were about to get on, but it was funny this little girl was on it crying as it rocked back and forth for about 10 minutes. (wow I'm quite evil!) Instead we just decided to go on Saw again. Then we ran over to Nemesis and went on it once more. Our last ride of the day was Saw again, and we were all annoyed to see Stealth working as we headed home... Overall it was a great day! Lots of fun Samurai was down for about 20-30 minutes Saw was down for about 30 minutes Stealth was down for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours Slammer down all day

well I wasn't in the queues, but umm... the first time we rode it (about 1pm) it was at 90 min. After it broke down it was shorter and it stayed at around 60-90 minutes for the rest of the day. It's dying down for now, but too many f**king loud chavs shouting from the queueline :S And as far as I know most of the animatronics were working. :)

I went today :) Best day there of my life! Here is my ride tally:Stealth- 2 Saw- 8 (SRQ FTW!!!)Colossus- 2 on front, no que at all in the morning!Nemesis- 2 (front and back)Vortex- 3Zodiac-1Rush-2Rumba-1Samurai- 3Quantum-3And the canada creak train :o BEARS.Overall the count came to 27. 6 of the rides were used with fastrack, but the rest were just from queing up. I'm sure I saw Marc today in Saw area! Overall fantastic best day there (especially for Sunday). Ques were reasonable , everything was.However Saw broke down at 5:20. People were left on the hill going up till about 10 to 6, engineers went up on the lift. Didn't get last ride lol.

Yeah I was there.After around 10 rides I eventually managed to get a DVD from one of them! Not bad price either and pretty good quality!Was nice to see the Saw trim has gone, flying though the block again was brilliant! Ride count:Saw: 8/9/10? Lost countColossus 1Inferno 1Stealth 2Teacups 1Loggers 1Rush 2Banana 1Detonator 2CCR 1Samurai 1Rumba 1