Thorpe Park Trip Reports

lol Michaela =D Did that hurt?? :) lol, staff get to test every ride every morning? If so... I'm going to TP to work >!!!<

Lol.. I wouldn't make a job decision because every now and again you might be able to go on a ride... I think you'd be very disappointed :P

Not every ride gets tested every morning at Thorpe. Though at Chessie they do :PColossus has to be test ridden every morning because of the foliage. XNWO has to be ridden/the area walked around at the end of the day to check the ride area and the platforms (vomit lol). I've often seen staff on Rush first thing, but I don't know what they are testing for, no one's ever told me :PThat's it AFAIK. Seen staff on Nemmie but don't know if it was a one-off or a morning check.Was hardly put on Stealth last year so can't comment. The only time I was on there fisrt thing it opened late and rolled back twice during testing :) No idea about SAW...I'm assuming they do, to check the theming is working, but I don't know if that's something engineers check for, or rides staff.Oh and if you're operating Depth Charge, meaning you are at the top, and you are going on break/somewhere else, you have to slide down as there is no other way out when there is a queue!And yeah every now and then they have staff rides at the end of the day when all the guests have gone.And yes the tree did hurt :P

Lol.. I wouldn't make a job decision because every now and again you might be able to go on a ride... I think you'd be very disappointed :)

Vertually every time when I am the first on Vampire, I see members of staff getting off the ride and quickly getting ready to plaform! (I know this is CWOA and not TP but I have also seen staff on Nemesis Inferno, Colossus and Rush).

Not every ride gets tested every morning at Thorpe. Though at Chessie they do :PColossus has to be test ridden every morning because of the foliage. XNWO has to be ridden/the area walked around at the end of the day to check the ride area and the platforms (vomit lol). I've often seen staff on Rush first thing, but I don't know what they are testing for, no one's ever told me :PThat's it AFAIK. Seen staff on Nemmie but don't know if it was a one-off or a morning check.Was hardly put on Stealth last year so can't comment. The only time I was on there fisrt thing it opened late and rolled back twice during testing :) No idea about SAW...I'm assuming they do, to check the theming is working, but I don't know if that's something engineers check for, or rides staff.Oh and if you're operating Depth Charge, meaning you are at the top, and you are going on break/somewhere else, you have to slide down as there is no other way out when there is a queue!And yeah every now and then they have staff rides at the end of the day when all the guests have gone.And yes the tree did hurt :P

That is wrong!, you walk down the queue line!EDIT: Just been told by James there is an announcement where it says 'Stand To One Side' allowing staff to get by easily when changing shifts.

Does anyone think Thorpe Park will see another full capacity day tomorrow? In my opinion, I don't think it will happen, mainly because SAW has settled in, and there won't be as much of a huge surge of visitors wanting to ride it. And does anyone have some average Q times from today?

Does anyone think Thorpe Park will see another full capacity day tomorrow? In my opinion, I don't think it will happen, mainly because SAW has settled in, and there won't be as much of a huge surge of visitors wanting to ride it. And does anyone have some average Q times from today?

Apparentely it was busy. They had to use the overflow car park.

I was there today, all the coasters averaged at around a hour, along with Tidal / Loggers. Rush/vortex/detty around 40 mins.Park was pretty busy but seemed to handle it well today. Slammer was also being worked on/tested a lot so will hopefully be back soon.

I was there today, all the coasters averaged at around a hour, along with Tidal / Loggers. Rush/vortex/detty around 40 mins.Park was pretty busy but seemed to handle it well today. Slammer was also being worked on/tested a lot so will hopefully be back soon.

I'm really pleasantly surprised at those Q times :P Doesn't seem too bad at all.At least Thorpe Park hasn't reached full capacity today, the park obviously isn't as busy as at Easter.

Yeah went today, good day.Queues didn't seem too bad and thorpe were managing them well!The longest queue I saw was Saw which was around 90 mins for a small section of the day, dropped by quite a bit later onColossus peaked about 70 mins or so along with rumba and tidal, loggers was down all dayNemesis however I didn't see get too much longer than 30 minsStealth didn't go above 50mins from what I could seeWas great to see slammer back open! Flats weren't too bad today! Flat queues ranging from 20-40 mins max, most flats were pretty much walk on nearer the end of the day.There were definately parts in the day when some of the queue lines dropped by a fair amount!Ride Count-Saw-1Stealth-1Colossus-1Nemesis-2X-1Rush-1Slammer-1Samurai-1Detonator-1Zodiac-1Vortex-1erm.. yeah think that was it

Was it bank holiday today ? I thought Yesturday was, however I know at any time during half term it is madness!!! I tend leaving early also of boredom. Now I seriously considering visiting Chessington much more , better que times and value for money! 45 mins was highest que today for Vampire. Dragon Fury was only 20 Mins. Sorry to hear you had crap day :)

I couldn't be bothered before but on sundayride countSaw - 3Stealth - 2Nemesis Inferno - 1Colossus - 2Rush - 1Samurai - 1Zodiac - 1 (mate thought it looked cool, I had a minute long sleep on it)Tidal wave - 1Detonater - 1Rumba rapids - 1Loggers leap - 1Coasters averaged about an hourTidal wave was like 40 mins even though the stupid Q said 75 minsFlats were around 30-40 mins at worst, we went when they were about 20, 10 for Detonater :)