Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Crappest day at Thorpe ever. Park was stupidly busy.Ride countColossus 1Rush 1Stealth 2Nemesis Inferno 2Saw 2. 2nd ride after queueing for two hours due to a breakdown and someone being sick about 20 minutes later :D Ended up getting bored and leaving early :)

Sorry to hear you had a crap day.Any chance on getting an average queue lines report?

I don't usually look at queue times, but Saw I know was 90 minutes, but like I said a few posts back, a breakdown and a clean up turned my queueing time into 2 hours.I think the other coasters were about an hour, maybe more. For Stealth I used the SRQ, so was on max 20 minutes.My shortest queue was Rush, about 10.00am when it was about 10 minutes. That built up as the day went on.It was'nt a bank holiday today, but it is half term, just to clear that up for Lordcutter.

Whiteknuckle I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day, although I had an excellent day today.Ride Queue Times (from what I saw)Colossus: 50-90minsNemesis: 20-30minsStealth: The board said 60 but at peak it was about 20mins.SAW - The Ride: Stayed at 60mins most of the day, but I think it went up to 70 at one point.Rush:10-20minsSamurai: 20-30minsVortex: 20minsSlammer (yes it was open): 10mins max.Loggers Leap: 20minsRumba Rapids: 15-30mins.Depth Charge: 20minsDetonator: 20mins went down to 10mins at around 5 and then to about 5mins around 6. Ride CountColossus: 1Nemesis: 4SAW - The Ride: 1Stealth: 5Rush: 1Vortex: 1Slammer: 1Samurai: 1Rumba: 1Loggers: 1Detonator: 4Rocky Express: 1Time Voyagers: 1Vortex: 1Storm In A Teacup: 1Overall great day, much less busy than I expected.EDIT: went on Detonator 4 times, Rocky Express and Time Voyagers once aswell :).

Just got back from today, which was absolutely fantastic!Trip ReportGood PointsAfter 11am, all rides were available. (Logger's Leap was unavailable until then). The queues remained relatively short for a school holiday.Many park / ride effects were working well, which added to the atmosphere. (The mist and lights on Nemesis Inferno, the swinging pendulum blades on SAW were in operation etc.). All staff members were friendly and helpful throughout the day. The rides were being run exceptionally well throughout the day. Bad PointsI've got to say, for the first time ever visiting Thorpe Park, I don't have any criticisms about my day!Ride CountSAW: The Ride - 1Stealth: 2Colossus: 1Nemesis Inferno: 1Slammer: 3Samurai: 3Rush: 3Tidal Wave: 1Logger's Leap: 1Rumba Rapids: 1Time Voyagers: 1Average Queue TimesSAW: The Ride: 1 hour 45 minsColossus: 1 hour 30 minutesNemesis Inferno: 1 hour 10 minsStealth: 1 hourSlammer: 20 minsRush: 15 minsSamurai: 20 minsDetonator: 20 minsOther Flats: Approx 20-40 minsOther Water Rides: Approx 30-60 minsI would just like to mention Alexandra and Ricky operating Slammer, as they were exceptionally friendly and helpful in the queue-line. But generally, all of the staff at the park today were incredibly friendly, and helped create a fantastic day out! Thank you :)A great day, must be one of my best at Thorpe Park.

Lol Lordcutter6 I thought that as well, about Bank Holiday being yesterday. Meh.I went on Sunday and I guess it was busy-ish, SAW got a 75 min queue at one point. But I wouldn't say it was ridiculously busy or anything.Might as well do a "report" while I'm here :DHad a good day, but forgot to put suncream on so as a result, my lefy shoulder is burnt :) and it's taking ages to heal, and then last night on the news there's some report about rising cases of skin cancer!Did all the major rides apart from Tidal although we did visit the Splash Zone a fair few times!Samurai was weird...basically it has trouble in the hot weather, one of the problems being it doesn't manage a proper ride cycle, it just goes up and does nout. Well it was closed for a while then reopened towards the end, so we went on it. Went up...went right (or backwards, whatever way you wanna look at it), going slowly, windmilled which was fun-ish...started going the other way, pretty slow...got almost to the top...went back down slowly...got stuck! Then it zeroed and that was it! And the worst thing was the staff didn't notice! 3 Attendants and the operator, NONE of them noticed. Unless they did but couldn't be arsed to give us another cycle. And none of the other guests seemed to notice either which was odd. When our bars were released we asked if it was a joke (well not me personally), the attendant looked rather confused, so we said the ride didn't actually go anywhere and he just went "oh..." and spoke to the op. We got another go and it was a good setting, but it was just odd and quite bad that no one noticed. I wasn't going to go OTT and do the whole Guest Services thing, but I had a good mind to tell a TL or Unit Manager if we saw one, but we didn't. It was kinda funny at the same time but...confusing how no one noticed! Everything else was great, not much downtime, only shutdowns we saw (apart from Samurai) were Zodiac and Loggers. I think X had a shutdown for sick as well, but that's nothing new :)Afterwards, me, Marc and Rob went to a fun fair in Wembley, went on the KMG Booster, and by the time we got on, the queue (yes there was a queue!) had gone down so we had a very long cycle, about 10 minutes long and very intense! Marc enjoyed it very much :D It was well worth the £4!

Sounds like good days. I wonder what Friday would be like or if I should just wait till next weekend after half term.

Why wait? If I were you I would visit this week; The queues will probably be a reasonable length, and Thorpe Park really seem to be on their game at the moment.

Sounds like good days. I wonder what Friday would be like or if I should just wait till next weekend after half term.

Friday will probally be big, since its a Friday and the fact that the weather is due to be very good, which is probally why yesterday wasn't as busy as it should have been.

Friday will probally be big, since its a Friday and the fact that the weather is due to be very good, which is probally why yesterday wasn't as busy as it should have been.

But Mondays are also supposed to be very busy, and the fact that this Monday was a bank holiday and still wasn't that busy means that Friday could still be like the rest of the week - Generally smaller than expected.

But Mondays are also supposed to be very busy, and the fact that this Monday was a bank holiday and still wasn't that busy means that Friday could still be like the rest of the week - Generally smaller than expected.

Yeah, I think all of this week will be quieter than expected.

Today was actually very very busy at Thorpe. Slammer's queue was full at one point, I saw Tidal wave with an hour queue and Colossus with a two hour que.Main points:Got to the park about 10 minutes after opening, headed straight to SAW and queued for about 40 mins, on-ride video was hilarious but not worth the money. Saw Tidal Wave broken with two boats at the top of the ride :( Got 5 rides on Stealth using single rider.Noticed the water squirters were now on Tidal Wave.Used the beach for the first time.Went on Nemesis Inferno with the amazing effects now working, but when I sat on the ride a little girl threw up next to me so I had to wait a bit to ride.Had an awful setting on Samurai today after queueing for ages.Saw people and security fighting at the end of day.Saw a 25 minute queue for Quantum :( Ride Count:Stealth x5SAW x1Nemesis Inferno x1Logger's Leap x1Neptunes BeachSamurai x1

Which makes me very happy I visited tuesday :( and I am sure Paul will agree with me.

Definitely :(. I do feel bad for the people who are visiting towards the end of this week though, although no-one can ever predict what the queues are going to do. It might be deserted tomorrow :(.

I usually go earlier on in the week (I also went on Tuesday) as I find that to be when the park is quieter. Will probably be popping down tomorrow and will give details of what it was like.

I usually always go on Wednesday during the school holidays, because it's usually reasonable. I always find that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the quietest days, because they avoid people who are taking long weekends, I.e.: Friday-Saturday-Sunday, or Saturday-Sunday-Monday. Anyway, this week seems to have been an exception.

Will probably be popping down tomorrow and will give details of what it was like.

And if you could, that would be great.