Thorpe Park Trip Reports

went yesterday as well and had a great day - it was my brothers first ever trip as well -but a few bad pointsRide Count:SAW- 30 minsColossus - 10 mins first time, 35 second timeLoggers - walk on first time, 20 mins secondNemesis Inferno- 5 minsRumba - 15 minsTeacups - 5 minsTidal wave - 40 minsSamurai - 25 minsRush - 20 minsZodiac - 15 mins (broke down whilst I was on it)Detty - 25minsdepth charge - 50 minsStealth - 25 minsI was very disappointed with depth charge as the queue randomly stopped and we were not informed what was happening, I would have turned back but my brother was really keen so we waited, the annoying music doesn't help either. our last ride would have been zodiac which broke down so we had to get off as well but overall a great day , especially two rides on colly with once front seat.

I didn't think you could buy a BB if you had an Annual Pass. And thanks tpkabz, I was thinking of getting a Merlin Pass but for the last four years I have only visited Thorpe Park. (And Madame Tussauds once). But then again, I suppose if I had the pass I would be more likely to visit more of the attractions.

Why can't you buy BB if you have an AP?

Well you need to present your entrance ticket in order to buy a bounce-back, and if you have an AP you won't have an entrance ticket.

no you dont-dont say things of there not true.I'm an ap holder-all I do is at the end of the day go to the fastrack dome booth and ask for a bounce back,they ask for no ticket or anything.I just pay the £10 and that is it.I have done that about 2 or 3 times now.so no ticket proof is required

no you dont-dont say things of there not true.I'm an ap holder-all I do is at the end of the day go to the fastrack dome booth and ask for a bounce back,they ask for no ticket or anything.I just pay the £10 and that is it.I have done that about 2 or 3 times now.so no ticket proof is required

Actually Sam, you are supposed to, there are many posters advertising BB's and AP's around the park and they do say todays entrance ticket must be shown, its the staffs fault if they don't ask for it as they should, its something that they should do.

All I'm saying is that the last 5 times I have bought BB tickets, I have been asked to present my entrance ticket. They then have taken it and written on it, presumably so that I can't use it again in the future.EDIT: Tim is 100% correct. If staff don't ask you for your ticket, then they're not doing their job properly. It's just lucky that you have got away with buying a bounce-back ticket the last few times. I'm pretty sure that you are not eligible for BB if you have an AP.

Yeah you aren't, it doesn't make sense, BB's are for people who bought tickets into the park and its a cheap way of them coming back, but with an AP you can come back anyway, Thorpe don't want AP holders buying BB tickets since they will be afraid they will sell them in order to make money, basically cheating Thorpe.

ill do a report from wensday 22nd of july, arrived at the park after getting lost because of my freinds crummy sat-nav, we were there at 9.20 and the gates were already opend, it was my freinds last day on his AP. we saw saw had an 30 min queue so went to stealth, got 5 rides in a row before getting board so we went to nemessis inferno, then after queued 25 mins for saw, watched loads of family guy on my ipod :) (that got us through the relativly small queues) bu this time it was 11.45. we went on loggers and got soaked by the first drop so we decided we should do tidal wave, after we did vortex then went on rush. it was now 12 so we got some lunch at burger king. I felt very sick so we decided to do depth charge after we went to Samurai then saw agien, after went on stealth. now it was 4.00pm so we decided to do x/:way out and fineshed on inferno.ride countstealth-6(walk on and 20min)nemessis inferno-2(20 mins and walk on)saw-2 (25 mins and 40 mins)loggers leap-1(walk on)tidal wave-1(10 mins)vortex-1(15 mins)Samurai-1(30mins)x/:way out-1(10 mins)highs!shorter queues then expectedhigh swing on vortexgood ride on tidal wavelows! loggers first drop gets you really wetamount of chavssaw body effect not workingstill no mist on infernno and lights where turned off on our last rideoddapparently the music system cut out at 4 but I did not notice it.

Was there yesterday, I noticed Colossus was a hell of a lot quieter going around the tracks, sounded alot less rattly, how did it ride?

I know you were talking to WhiteKnuckle, but it's funny you should say that because I noticed last week that the ride was a lot smoother in general, especially on the corkscrews before the on-ride camera.

I know you were talking to WhiteKnuckle, but it's funny you should say that because I noticed last week that the ride was a lot smoother in general, especially on the corkscrews before the on-ride camera.

I wonder what they have done, or if they have done anything at all? :P

I went on Friday and this was my day--Saw (First car of the day, absolutely bombed it to it first thing there)-Colossus x2, both walk-ons-Detonator (We got stuck at the top for 15 mins! It always seems to have something wrong whenever I go!)-X No way out (Walk-on)-Slammer (Walk-on)-Vortex (5 mins)-Quantum (Walk-on)-Samurai (15 mins)- Loggers (Walk-on)-Saw (10 mins-it was awesome! But when we got off the Q was about 45 mins)-Nemesis (5 mins)-Samurai (10 mins)-Rush (Walk-on)-Saw (got broken twice due to weather so overall time Qing was 90 mins)-Nemesis x2 (Both Walk-ons)-Slammer (5 mins)-Colossus (5 mins)-Stealth x3 (All walk-ons)-Rush (5 mins)^^^^AWESOME DAY!!!^^^^It was officially the quietest I have seen it EVER! Great day and hopefully it'll be like that when I'm going tomorrow! (Doubt it though).

sound like you had a good day.what where queue times like?

Queue times were roughly 75-80 minutes for Saw peak time. I went straight there from the entrance, but they were still testing it until 10am, though the ride was advertised on the board to open at 9.30, when the park opened. Gave up at first so went on Colossus which only took a few minutes, then queued for Saw, roughly 30 minutes tops :P Did'nt notice Stealth, as I usually use the SRQ.

Here's my trip report for today. Overall, a fantastic day. My best ever by far. I arrived at 9am, and got my AP. Heading straight into the park at 9.30am, we managed to get on 6 rides before 10am. All rides were available, and I only saw two breakdowns: Colossus which lasted approximately 20 minutes, and SAW which lasted approximately 40 minutes. As ever, all of the staff members I encountered during the day were exceptionally friendly and helpful. At long last, I have a ride count to take pride in, which is listed below. (Along with the times we waited for the rides in brackets). Colossus: 1 (30 minutes) Tidal Wave: 2 (Walk-on / 35 minutes)Slammer: 3 (5 minutes / Walk-on / Walk-on)Samurai: 1 (40 minutes)SAW: 1 (60 minutes)Logger's Leap: 1 (20 minutes)Rumba Rapids: 2 (Walk-on / Walk-on)Stealth: 2 (Walk-on / Walk-on)Nemesis Inferno: 1 (Walk-on)Rush: 1 (20 minutes)Vortex: 1 (10 minutes)Some other little touches that made the trip special were:1. I didn't see anyone smoking in a queue line. 2. No part of my day was ruined by anti-social behaviour etc. The sun was shining, the queues were bearable and the atmosphere was electric. Another incredible trip. Well done Thorpe!

I also visited today.Had an amazing day, one of my days at the park this year!I arrived just as the gates were opening.Ride count below, also with the times I queued.SAW x 2 (5 mins, 60 mins) Broke down twiceColossus x 1 (5 mins)Nemesis Inferno x 2 (5 mins, 10 mins)Stealth x 3 (5 mins, 10 mins, 20 mins)Detonator x 2 (15 mins, walk on)Rumba Rapids x 1 (10 mins)Loggers Leap x 1 (20 mins)Slammer x 3 (walk on, 5 mins, walk on)Vortex x 1 (15 mins) Quantum x 1 (5 mins)As Paul said, the queues were ok, and the atmosphere was great!All the staff were great and made the day much more enjoyable!Only bad points are that SAW broke down twice whilst I was in the Queue and the Nemesis Inferno effects were not working.Had a great day :P