Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went to the park a couple of days ago. The place was literally dead. We left by 1pm as we'd done everything we wanted to. I had nothing bad to say about the park that day, infact, park operations were running really well, with the exception of the silly queue info system. Although I think enough has been said on that matter already.I have to commend the park, on a dead day, they started out on two trains, on Stealth, Inferno and Colossus. They then moved on to 1 train operation, only because literally that's all the park needed. I may be in the minority here, but I actually think closing Saw was a good idea, I mean, if there was a time to do it, then it's now. Plus it's all for our own interests in the coming month. A few negative points: Inferno's mist effects are already starting to disappear- it really is such a shame, it's such a great effect. Same case with the dispatch theme not being played when train is dispatched. That whole station could do with a massive re-furb actually.On the plus side though, the geysers under the loop were working brilliantly. ;)Colossus station announcements were playing... woo! I do quite like the combination of the 2007 ambience music along with the 2006 announcements. Although the original Colossus Station music is just pure class.The park is very geared towards Fright Nights now. I love this time of year. Work was clearly going on inside Asylum, and by the time we left, The Curse's marquee was fully erected. I'd love to just have a casual walk around the mazes, without any actors in, especially Hellgate; I love that maze!We were bored by 1pm, so we left. The park really does need a brilliant dark ride, there's no reason as to why these can't be thrilling also.

Went yesterday with Marc and Rob, had a great day! :DStarted off with Logger's Leap!StealthNemesisSAWAte food and met RobRushColossusSAWSlammerSamuraiGot some milkshakes, yum! :DCCRRumbaJoined Stealth queue but then it had a failed launch so we leftTidal (me and Marc)Stealth (was back open obv)NemesisWent to Vortex but it was closed, engineers were up on the main arm, looked like they were working on the "spinning" motor but apparently was something to do with electrics.Quantum which was mad because it went out of sync (ask Rob for more info, he operated it), but yeah it was a longer than normal cycle and pretty insane! Bit like the flirting between the operator and Rob :DXNWO which was hilarious, as on Animation 2 when the train moved forward, I went "What?!" and freaked out cos I forgot it moves forward on that one! Although on Animation 3 it was weird, I swear this year every time I go on it stops and starts differently each time!Walked around and watched Colossus stuck on the hill for like the third time in the day. They evac'd it, although surprisingly they didn't shut the bridge off, so loads of people were nosing!Detonator. Which was AWESOME. I! Did it 4 times in a row (went on three times, last one was last ride of the day so went twice).Not sure what was/is up with Colossus, but the first time we went on it was slow going up the lift hill, it didn't do the usual where it goes up a little and then speeds up. And yeah, kept stopping on the hill all day.Rush was on one swing (swing B ).Did our usual and ate at good ol'Nandos. Food was way too hot, and no it wasn't us imagining things. I've been there loads and always have the same (Hot). I easily tolerate it, jalepenos are worse tbh! But this time, even the first mouthful was like eating three jalepenos at once! It was so bad my inner ears were burning! And today, hmm, not had fun shall we say. :) I don't know if it was the wrong sauce or what but it wasn't right either way. People will probably just laugh at this, but I'm pretty annoyed really, cos I didn't really enjoy it, took ages to eat it cos it was bad, and I've been uncomfortable all day so my day has now been ruined :)But apart from that it was a good day!

So, I was just wondering...My school had an inset day on the 1st of October, a thursday.A week or two before fright night and of course a thursday where (hopefully) most of the schools around the area are closed...Using info from weekdays atm, are there any approximations for the queue times?~~~~~~~David~~~~~~~

As I can't predict the future, I cannot tell you the exact times.But judging by the past reports back from my mates from school and on here, I would probably suspect the big 4 to not reach over 30 mins, flats reaching a maximum of 20 mins and all other rides 10 minutes all day.These are approximations, so if they are longer please dont blame me lol :) Yeah, but those would probably be the absolute maximums I would have thought.

Let's see. 3rd October, weekend day out of peak-season. I would say probably 0-30 minutes for flats and coasters throughout the day. I visited on an off-peak Saturday not too long ago and SAW reached 60 minutes at one point during the day. Should be quite quiet, I wouldn't expect anything to go over 45 minutes all day (except SAW). Depends also on the number of trains operating on Saturday, I would imagine Colossus and Nemesis Inferno will probably be on one for a good part of the day, Stealth on two. Have a great time whatever the queues are like, but I would strongly recommend to leave Lost City (Vortex side) until mid-afternoon (3pm), and head to Stealth and Nemesis Inferno first. Don't go straight to SAW or Colossus, catch these towards the end of the day.

It's happened to me before and it's annoying, the first 30 mins is the quietest of the day and you get on the most rides then than at any other time, for example, once on what turned out to be a very busy day I did Nemesis Inferno 5 times without getting out of that particular seat. Also if you were planning on heading for Saw first and beating the rush, you would be too late.

Sorry am wayyyy behind on this one... but in general we are opening the park usually 15 minutes earlier than expected, especially on weekends when the queue for the turnsties can get big. As a general rule, if you want to make sure your up near the front, take 15 minutes off the opening time and assume thats when it will open, as thats the target at the moment as long as enough ridea re ready to run.

Sorry am wayyyy behind on this one... but in general we are opening the park usually 15 minutes earlier than expected, especially on weekends when the queue for the turnsties can get big. As a general rule, if you want to make sure your up near the front, take 15 minutes off the opening time and assume thats when it will open, as thats the target at the moment as long as enough ridea re ready to run.

I always aim to arrive at the park 30 minutes before scheduled opening time. That way, I can get to the front of the Annual Pass queue, and if the park opens 15 minutes earlier than expected, it's a great thing! I would always advise to arrive 30 minutes before opening. Yes, it can be a long wait, but the benefits of arriving that early are far more than the drawbacks.

trip report 27/09/09Pretty cool day today, it was quite funny because on friday I was like, where shall igo on sunday? hmmm...thorpe park!So, it worked out really well considering I only just thought about going on friday :blink: I went with my younger brother, who hadn't been for a WHOLE MONTH (shock horror muchly),and he was really desperate to go.We arrived at 9:40, with 20 mins to spare before the gates opened at 10am. We originally thought we should go to Colossus first, but Saw had already opened by the time we got to the entrance so we thought we might as well get the 10 min queue there.Procceeded to Colossus, got a surprisingly smooth ride (somethings changed about it) and then to Stealth, with a nice 10 min queue. Next up was Nemesis, went by like a flash sitting at the back. (but still overly-addictive)My brother wanted to go on detonator as both of us hadn't been on it in ages. (so we did)Zodiac and Vortex were next, making myself and my brother a bit queezy so we went back to Canada Creek to wind down on Loggers Leap. To this day I still enjoy that ride as much as Stealth.The next rides were a bit random, but was forced onto Tidal Wave as England had a heatwave and it reached 20 degrees (lol), and went on Detonator again, this time my groinal area (I'll keep it at that! :blink: ) being crushed by the tight restraint the ride host had subjected me to. (bastard).If you've glanced at my RC already, your probably wondering how I got 7 Saw rides in. Answer: Single Rider queue.Not once did I wait over 5 mins, and on one of the occasions they let me and my brother in together! result!Another good point is the Saw ride team were working hard to reduce the queue time in general. Dispatches were running as normal, but the queue management was prompt and I praise them for that. I overheard that a Q advertised as 45 mins turned out to be 35. Not bad but still less.Bad point: Smokers. Lots of them. Whenever I smell tobacco smoke, it reminds me of being in any queue in lost city, a prime example being Colossus. This is very sad because I dont want to remember Thorpe for its smokey smell. Also, it was sadenning seeing a group of about 10 primary school kids being treated to second-hand smoke. (rant over ;) )RC:-Saw x7Colossus x2Stealth x1Nemesis x1Detonator x2Zodiac x2Vortex x2Slammer x2Loggers Leap x1Tidal Wave x1And for all you enthusiasts who want up-to-date info, here are the Q times-PEAKsaw-70 minsColossus-80 minsnemesis-45stealth-45samurai-60 minsrush-45detonator-30AVERAGEsaw-50 minsColossus-40nemesis-15-20stealth-20samurai-20rush-20detonator-15hope you enjoyed reading :D (you better have, it took me half an hour!) (jokes)

I visited today, We got to the park about 9, the journey took much less time than we expected.We were the first people in the park so decided to go straight to SAW, we were the first people in the queue for that and got on pretty much straight away.We went on it a few more times after that aswell.We then went over to Nemesis Inferno, Stealth and Detonator.We then went on a few off the flats and then back to SAW, and ended our day on Nemesis InfernoRide Count:SAW x 20 (We spent most of our day there)Colossus x 1Nemesis Inferno x 3Stealth x 2Detonator, Zodiac, Vortex, Loggers Leap x 1Had a great day, the staff were brilliant! The SAW team I thought were amazing aswell.

I saw you today ross! And I thought the SAW: the ride team were doing quite poor, they were slow and reckless like I was in the single rider queue and there still were empty seats continuing to go round.It was a good day for me today, got a fair few rides done, not too busy either.I got on,SAW: the ride twice,Stealth x1Nemesis Inferno 2 or 3 timesX No Way Out x1Time Voyagers x1Death Charge x1Colossus x1 Samurai x1Loggers leap x1 I think thats it I'm not entirely sure about that.After all I think today was a pretty good day, nice weather and not heaving, around 10,000 I would say. :blink:

Ah yes, we were to go see Ewan, he was very intent on that being our last ride but I insisted on going to stealth as it was a mate of mines last day in rides department today.I thought I would go say goodbye to Ewan, he seemed happy enough at the end, during the day however he was very happy, he said "new people on platform are being slow and not paying attention" but he cheered up when the experienced people arrived later in the day. :blink:

I went today, it was my birthday so I only spent about 2 1/2 hours there. Got on Stealth front row, Nemesis front row, Slammer and Samurai. Slammer had Really bad loading time (about 20 - 30 mins) and then the same on Samurai (not sorting rows while ride went on). But enjoyed my few hours there :blink:

Glad you have a good time!Happy Birthday! :blink:Wow, so many members went to Thorpe Park today!

Let's see. 3rd October, weekend day out of peak-season. I would say probably 0-30 minutes for flats and coasters throughout the day. I visited on an off-peak Saturday not too long ago and SAW reached 60 minutes at one point during the day. Should be quite quiet, I wouldn't expect anything to go over 45 minutes all day (except SAW). Depends also on the number of trains operating on Saturday, I would imagine Colossus and Nemesis Inferno will probably be on one for a good part of the day, Stealth on two. Have a great time whatever the queues are like, but I would strongly recommend to leave Lost City (Vortex side) until mid-afternoon (3pm), and head to Stealth and Nemesis Inferno first. Don't go straight to SAW or Colossus, catch these towards the end of the day.

Thanks so much Paul! Will have a good day and hope to get quite a good ride count :blink: Thanks againHarry