Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went today - wow, the pre book only has really worked. Went with Tim, James, Sam, Dan and Alex. Arrived about 9:30 and let at 9:45, so good 12 hours. Ride count :Loggers: 3 (one in dark)Rumba : 1Nemesis: 2 times in a row at beginning of dayQuantum : 1Samurai : 1Rocky Express: 1Hellgate: 3Asylum - 1 for me , as I had to leave que after waiting for about and hour the first time to go to toilet desperately :)Se7en - 1Curse - 1Que times were good today, busy of course but not nearly as bad as last year. Coasters ranging from 45 - 75 mins, Rush was 30-60 , Vortex was 30, Samurai was 40. I didn't really come today for a big ride count, neither have I done for the last few visits this fright nights, mainly just go for the great mazes - wish we had them yearly!(Few Spoilers)Se7en - Wasn't too good this visit, lack of actors and not many of the ones on shift were scary, with the end woman blowing only a whistle and not locking us in ( I guess this was due to long ques) and the gluttony sick smell was broken. But the man in slough was good, camouflaged into the wall well, didn't notice him till he kicked the dustbin lid! Nice to see the toilet was bubbling and the couch has been rearranged. Not to mention Lust, in which the actor was hiding in the drapes between the next room, and just as I thought there wasn't an actor, he charged at us giving a good scare.Curse - This was ruined by the a woman and her son who were with us. This kid was so stupid, he actually pushed an actor! Was surprised we didn't get kicked out, what made it worse was his mum was laughing at him, he was just being rude to so many of the actors. The actor who he did push however pushed him back as we walked a corner. I patted him back when I passed him and gave him a smile saying "Good for you" :) He got his share of scares along the way which was funny to watch. Apart from this, it was fantastic. Asylum - I had to leave the first time we were in the line due to needing the toilet desperately, so waited for the others to come back. But due to Stealth being closed we got ride priority passes to use, which we changed to maze ones later in the day since that was why we were there. We decided to use it on Asylum as I hadn't done it and a few others wanted to. I was at the back and it was fantastic! I was jumping out my skin, falling into the drape by the "You are Sick" wall when I heard the big bang. It's so funny how if the actors see you looking back at them they'll follow you, special mention to a girl in pajamas who crawled on the floor for about 20 seconds trying to grab me feet. Gosh, and what a finale! Didn't expect the chainsaw man at the end of the corridor. I jumped back and while he chased the others out, I thought I could slip past him, but nope! He just ran towards me with it (he was very, very athletic!) went behind me then charged holding it above his head. Loved running out the door screaming, never will forget the panic and adrenaline rushing through my body :DHellgate- We did this 3 times. It got shorter and shorter, 35 minutes, then 25, then 15. I was at the back and they must of been so satisfied seeing the reaction on my face, I kept checking back and they were always following, this along with the Asylum are the two I never stop jumping at. They had so many hiding places! Straight after the old revolving tunnel there was a black drape were an actor was hiding and she jumped out unexpectedly at the noise of the air hammer. The dungeon was good everytime, with the man who wasn't locked inside always following me down the drapes! Great actor. Think the butler at the start got tired of my face, 3rd time was like "Ohhhh I remember you!!!" In a hissing voice but on 4th was more like 'Groan, he's back again" haha . The man with chain at end was scary , hitting the chain right next to my arm against the wall one time. Overall had lovely trip today with mazes being my highlight! Thanks for reading, and hope anyone visiting tomorrow or Sunday has fun and scary time :P

30/10/09 Trip ReportWow, is all I can say really. Friday was probably the most fun I've had at Thorpe Park despite the pretty rubbish ride count we got.This time I went with 3 of my friends, and then met up with 5 more at lunch.But firstly, we got there at about 11 (missing all the short queues) and got in a 30 minute queue for Nemesis. Was a really good ride, and got to know one of my friends better in the queue, I didn't know him quite well before but because of all the queueing we did today we were just talking all the time :) Then, I know this is insane, but I was dragged into the 2 hour Colossus queue at about 11:45. Don't know if any of you saw it, but it had filled up all the extensions and had filled out of the entrance. But I really enjoyed it for some reason, I just clicked when we went under the sign and was just having fun with my mates. (I also listened to 2 and a half albums on my friends ipod touch, and after that we were just mucking around with the apps.I think we got lunch after that at pizza hut, out of the 15 times I had been there this year I had'nt got the chance but on friday I did go in and ate 3 whole pizzas. I'm not joking. After waiting 2 hours for Colossus, I was starving and to be honest, an all-you-can-eat buffet is great in that situation I was in.We all were a bit full after that so we went round taking pictures and blah blah blah, and then out of the blue, I got the urge to go on tidal wave. With all the other rides reaching the 60 minute mark, a nice 5 minute queue for TW just calmed me right down and got me drenched, obviously. It was working on 1 boat, just to let you know, and after we went on it I think they had to let people go on it with the boat on maximum capacity, as there would be no point letting just 3 or 4 people on at a time, probably to save power or whatever, I'm not sure.After that it was about 3:30 so we ran over to the asylum and got in the queue. We started just where the first cattle pen ends and goes to that 'connecting point' with the next one. Despite being this close, we waited an hour and 20 minutes and oh my god, it was worth it.For 2 reasons:1. It was probably the best maze there, and I just got freaked out by all the actors, every time, never fails.2. At the end we were confronted by Mr. Chainsaw. He charged at us, but the men in front of our group were deaf (yes, you read that correctly) so they couldn't hear him charging towards us. So at the end it ended up in a huge crowd and Mr. Chainsaw caught my friend on the back with the chainsaw! Afterwards she noticed a red mark or a 'dent' as she put it, so we went to the mediacal centre and to compensate us theygave us all a saw fastrack each, even though they had sold out by midday! Result!!So we skipped a 3 hour queue or whatever it was and then went on the remaining water rides we hadn't done just to wastetime. It was so funny on Rumba Rapids, I took out my sandwiches and started eating them, then somehow it turned into a massive food fight and lets just say the people who got on our little boat thingy next would be faced with cheese and pickle :P At the end we went on rush. It was awesome in the dark, the extremely short view I got of nemesis, stealth and detonator was awesome, and after waiting about 40 minutes I needed some adrenaline pumping.So yeah, by this point it was about 9:30 and so we went back to the entrance and went home.Awesome day :D RC:Nemesis Inferno x1Colossus x1Saw x1 Tidal Wave x1The Asylum x1Loggers Leap x1Banana Boat x1Rumba Rapidsx1Rushx1

Should probally add my ride/maze count from Friday as it was a little different to Matt's, or just adding the ones that Matt missed out! :)Colossus: 1Nemesis Inferno: 3Samurai: 1Teacups: 1Loggers: 1Rumba : 1Quantum : 1Rocky Express: 1Hellgate: 3Asylum - 2Se7en - 1Curse - 1Also Samurai went up to 80mins at one point.Pretty happy with our maze count aswell!

Just had a good day at Thorpe. in compasrison to other trips to Thorpe that is, still not a patch on Chessington though :)Was much busier than expected, Colossus was 70 mins for a lot with pretty much everything else being around 45There were still the remains of quite a few Halloween additions around the park.Oh and the new themed benches are fantastic! However why there are Lost City ones in Canada Creek, I don't know :PSomething I pick up on every visit is the fact that Single Rider queue's NEED to be added. I didn't see one cycle on any ride without at least a spare seat, and whilst waiting for Rush, even on one swing, in about 8 cycles there was easily 14 seats that were sent empty.One more thing, everyone complains about Samurai always being run on a poor setting and it's always doom and gloom with it, Vortex is affected much worse. Today was my first in a while on it, because of it giving such inconsistent ride experiances, and I can say it's going to be a while again. It was short boring, and I probably would've enjoyed X:/ No Way Out more, which is pretty impossible to do.Overall it finished the season off well, and whilst I enjoyed it, Thorpe visits for me are going to be few and far between.3x Stealth1x Nemesis Inferno1x Rush1x Detonator1x Vortex1x Samurai14x Saw!! :POh I almost forgot the most annoying thing of the day.Upon arriving I went straight to Saw, I was somehow the first there and I was told that it wasn't opening for the first hour, so I went on Samurai, whilst on Samurai, it opened... so I was already behind in a big ol' queue, I dunno why they did this, possibly to get people to go to other areas rather than everyone at Saw but still. Meh, I made up for it in the end :)

Was much busier than expected, Colossus was 70 mins for a lot with pretty much everything else being around 45

Wow, I really wasn't expecting queues that long today! Seeing that, I'm sort of glad I didn't go in the end. I was expecting 0 - 10 mins queues all day, how wrong I was! I wonder if it'll be much quieter tomorrow?Anyway, good report James. Glad you had a great day! :)

Yep :)Thanks for reminding me actually, In my opinion, Saw's Single Rider queue is pretty much perfect, it's not hugely advertised so not many people use it, which then makes it easier for the ops, but still keeps the ride running to capacity, also as the row for Single Riders is shared with disabled pass holders, it also means it's not cramped. It's a win win situation for everyone :)

Nemesis had 0 min que from 4:45-5:00 and Stealth probably the same in answer to your question.Pretty much agree with everything with what James said, bit busy but still great day, apart from end where a certain person in our group ruined the day horrifically and I must apologize to Jack for it, hope you didn't get hurt. Sorry, not much but very tired. Hope everyone who went today had great time :)

I've seen so many people with high ride counts for Saw. How do you get them? Is it SRQ or Fast-track or what please tell me as I want a high ride count tomorrow. Thanks

Lol I wouldn't worry, tomorrow Saw will probably have no Que. But usually the big ride counts are either that their Yearly, because it's a quiet day or through SRQ yes.

Loved how most of the music was back to normal today! :)Good day!Don't count rides, but can estimate...Colossus - 2Nemesis Inferno - 3Rush - 1Rumba Rapids - 4Loggers Leap - 1Storm In A Teacup - 4SAW: The Ride - 2Detonator - 2As James said, Saw Colossus get up to 70 mins and saw SAW: The Ride at 60 mins.I also saw Nemesis Inferno at 45 mins as well.