Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I'd just like to say its not really Thorpe's fault that rusty water landed on you. I doubt they did it deliberately.. they give you free tickets, there wasn't much more they could do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said the guys at guest services was great an they didnt have to give us free tickets, an its no ones fault, I know that.But in general it just put a downer on the whole day if u get what I mean an no one is gonna be happy gettin covered in dirty water.

Well today was okay, I arrived at the park at 11 as there was abit of traffic and I went on stealth straight away. Wanted to go on Nemesis straight after but it was closed due to a technial as they said but it opened up again around 2pm which as I was queing for front row and someone done some nasty and I mean nasty fart . I got a couple of rides on Colossus, and went on a few others etc. The new themeing on x:/ was crappy and looked cheap I thought. Stealth ran smoothly and not one rollback today. Park was also very empty but alot of stuff shut including shops, wouldnt be worth ?32 to go but of course I have a lovely annual pass.Ride count:Colossus x 2x:/ nwo x 2Nemesis x 1stealth x 3depth charge x 1flying fish x 1 (its really slow now)quantum x 1 vortex x 2zodiac x 1too cold for water rides.pros:empty parkno quesstealth open most of the daycons:alot of rides not openit was coldNemesis cave affects not workinghad to leave at 3.30 ( had to pick up my wembley tickets)I'm also going Sunday :P

Took my 5th visit of the season this year to Thorpe and had a great day.Left Watford with James and then met Sheepie at Waterloo,South West trains to Staines was pritty cool, didn't take that long...Then finally, we got to the park.Sheepie got his Annual pass with James, whilst I wondered round the building and found Seb.We then split up, so me and Seb went to Fish for his first ride on it?Well as I saw at the park he enjoyed it quite alot.Headed to Rumba and made a reasonably good recording which you can find Here! Hope you enjoy. Then gradually went on the ride, the effects were great, got absolutly soaked.Then went on a few more rides with Seb and finally met up with Marc in the stealth single rider queue, it then broke down and Seb decided to wait whilst myself and Marc went over to Samurai.We then found Seb again taking pictures of the loggers breakdown. Not sure what actually happened but from what I saw, the boats had just randomly stopped. I got a video of it at the top of the chain lift. Clicky!Notice the boat is still at the top?Didn't spend much of the day with Sheepie and James though, we both sort of went in a world of our own, our group ride together on Samurai was great though.Ok here is my main point of the day:-At about 1:00 we actually *lost* Seb...He basically shouted, Loggers!!! and ran, we looked round and he was running past X:\Bad thing was that Marc had his Camera and I had his Bag in my locker, which was quite a worry...Searched everywhere for him and then finally (2 and a half hours later) we spotted him in the Stealth front row queue, he was proberly looking for us aswel, just both walking round in circles. (And of course, meeting Sheepie and Seb)Also a bit of a shame everyone forgot about the TPM meet up.Attendants from day - Joe, Marc, Seb, James, SheepieArrived at Park - 9:40Left Park - 6:15Ride CountStealth: 6Samurai: 2Loggers: 1X:\: 2Vortex: 1 (last ride of the day)Colossus: 1 (on ride video which can be found here)Inferno: 2 (on ride video which can be found here)Fish: 3Tea Cups: 1 (cup 7, you have to try it!)Rumba: 2Fungle: 1Photos from day Clicky!This also just had to be posted, great ending to the day

3rd visit of the season, and the best yet. Not full, but not empty, and was nice seeing the fish in operation. Was great waking round with everyone, mostly Joe and Marc, even though Sheepie and James walked off whenever they could.After wondering through eh gates, James and Mike went to the toilet, so em and Joe wondered over to the fish. We where told not to have our cameras on the ride, and we didn't know why. We headed over to Rapids, where he got a great music recording of RR. We headed onto Inferno and Fungle, with Inferno great, and Joe recorded me in a sideways on ride. We then wondered into CC, back out to Stealth SRQ where we met Marc. Rumba gets you extremely wet now, with all the effects. They walked off to Samurai. We met up again, and Marc promised me for every time I go on Tidal, I get to be a mod for a week. So for 2 goes on Tidal, that's 2 weeks. First GoSecond GoLost them at 1PM, after running to Loggers, and finding it shut with a boat at the top. I then proceeded to Rumba, stuck on it with 5 chav girls. Thinking my name was Sam. Gawd!I tended to stay away from Lost City, as the rides are crap in there.X looks very good, after meeting up with them, and splitting up once again. Got Stealth, Inferno and Colossus front row in the space of an hour. After Colossus had Chavs in the ride area, of course! Then I had to go, leaving them all on their own. Great day, like the headchopping new Fish. Was very weird being shouted at for having my camera out on Fish station, with all the kiddies :P Ride count:Fish x8Stealth x2Tidal x2Colossus x2Inferno x2Fungle x1XNWO x1Rumba x3Zodiac x1Depth Charge x1Great day, cheers guys.

I really should have gone on the saturday.Well I went on the sunday but stupid me did not check the website in the morning that stealth was going to be shut.Once I found that out that was dissapointing but hey that's life. Anyway I went to x:/ no way out and I'm pleased wioth the way it looks the dummies scared my sister (forgot to tell her about them) :o Then went off to n: I really had missed it but finally it was open again and what an experience sad to see the bald guy wasn't there but oh well day off maybe.Then went on Rumba rapids which was a LOT better and a lot more fun and I still love the view of stealth from that ride beautiful Then went on teacups which was fun. Then went over to stealth to see what was up and she said "the maintennance guy has been sleeping in" o great. So after that went on pirates which was as cheesy as ever and really not funny but that's why it's great!Then went on the fish which was a lot of fun and it goes round 3 times woot!Then got on colly which was great and due to no queues got o the front and what an experience. Then went on most of the lost city rides then went to loggers andafter doing the whole park only had been 2 hours... :P Also does anyone know what happened but around 3ish I think a LOT of security guards were legging it towards loggers?Anway great day shame about stealth hope it gets well soon but got the magical towers next week so rita yay!Colossus-2N:I-3x:/-3quantum-3zodiac-1vortex-1loggerz-1rumba-2teacups-2fish-3

Sorry for double posting but I was at a Very Good and Dead thorpe today and will be again tomorrow, and even on sunday. Anyway I will do a big tr on sunday of all my 3 trips in these 4 days but I will give you ride count....Stealth-10Tidal Wave-6 (just for a laugh)Colossus-3Vortex-3Nemesis Inf-2X:|WTF?-2Samurai-1Rumba Rap.-1quantum-1Great day! ;)

Last Sunday me and Dann and a mate went, good laugh but I felt abit sick near the end. ride count:Colossus - 4inferno - 3x:/ - 2 (3 for them 2)vortex - 1loggers leap - 1rumpa rapids - 1zodiac (1 for them)quatum - 1flying fish - 2pros:abit quiet food was good (lovely double wopper)hardly any quesgot my mate to like coastersgot warm in the middle of the daycons:train/buses took ages due to it being sundaystealth closedstarted to feel sick funny part:Dann pretending to have torrets in burger king.

I was at the park today and believe me, it was one of the best times ive had at thorpe on a long time.Park opened: 9:30amPark closed: 6:00pmI saw a few people there: Joe, james, mr sheeps and seb (a funny story about him later)It was really good weather there today and the queues were good. Highest queue I saw was for nemesis which was 35 minutes at 1 point but only for about 5 minutes. Now as for the first time ever, my mum wanted to go to find out what its like there, and my younger brother went, along with his friend. Also there was someone we knew whos in year 8. As my brother is only 7 and so is his friend, I was forced onto the fish (duuuude), for the first ride of the day. They loved at wanted to do it again so we did. Next up was stealth. Got it twice, first time at the very back and then at the front. Walk through at that time of the day. (about 10am). It woke me up at least. Next was rumba. Got more wet than usuall on it. And actually, guess who was in the boast infront of me on rumba?......Marc and dann. Never got to shout hi. Then I went back to stealth to meet james and joe and seb and sheepie at 11. Only to find them in the queue. I saw them, looked at them, shouted hi at last. They stared. Especially seb very blankly ;). Watched them on stealth front row and stuff and said hi and stuff.Anyway next up was Nemesis. Was a walk through then. Got 2 rides on it straight in a row. Then it was time for samurai. A 10 minute queue but moving quite fast. Good ride on samurai and reminded myself of the music.Anyway, then it was Vortex. Again..a walk through. Average ride swinging on the sides mainly.Then it was lunch. Mmmmm foooood. After that it was back to stealth for a ride at the front again. You will soon learn that 5 out of the 6 times I got on stealth today were in the front row. ;)Anyway, next was rocky randomy, and then loggers. I came off loggers bone dry. :o. Rocky=walk on, loggers=30 min queue.Next was a ride on x whitch was a walk on all day. My firned who was having his first time at thorpe loved it.It was about 2.30 when I went to Colossus. It was posted as a 20 min queue but it was a walk on. A ride at the back which was smooth, and a ride more near the front which was ver rough. Then there was more eating to be done. :D Then my brother wanted the fish again and he said he wanted me to go on it too so I did just for the heck of it. The it was back for more stealth. 3 rides at the front :P. Always a 10 min queue then.The it was time for tidal as it was quite warm then. Was a walk through as usuall.Was about 3.30 now. Back for more nemesis which now had a 25 minute queue. Then depth charge which had a 15 minute queue. It was now about 4.30. Btw, an intresting thing happend now. I was on the tidal wave wooden boradwalk thing around the exit, when seb came off. I was walking down to the exit as I had left something with the ride ops. I stoped and saw seb. And he just kinda walked past me, without noticing me, even though I was right next to him and he just muttered the word "<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>weet</span>..." Thats was quite a funnt moment.I went and got another ride on x which had now a 20 minute queue and then we had go home at about 5.30. After having a ride on quantum of course.Ride count..Stealth 6 (5 in the front row)Colossus 2Nemesis Inf 3Samurai 1Vortex 1quantum 1Fish...duuude 3Tidal 1Loggers 1Rumba 1X:\WTF 2Rocky 1Depth Charge 1EDIT: Oh dear at everything I wrote from 2007. *facepalm*

Big one...Yeah.Friday 30th March 2007 Time: 12pm-3pm Arrived at midday, and waled to Stealth, and SRQ'ed on Stealth 6 times, and continued on after a rather large headache. No Inferno today, as quque was too long. Rumba twice, as it always has a small queue. Loggers aswell, best get on taht as much as we can. Samurai is favorite ride now, better than the S+S s**te or Huss crap.Ride count:Stealth x6Rumba x1Loggers x2Fish x5X:\No Way Out x1Samurai x2Saturday 31st March 2007 Time: 9.30am-6.30pmFun morning, but got bored, and ended up sitting on the Amity lawn for a good hour. Then met up with an ex-ride host, and continued onto Loggers. Where we saw 2 chavs by Loggers Lift 1, so the ride was e-stopped, with the operator pissed off BIG time. The channel emptied in a good 45 seconds, and chavs removed from the park, with the unit manager pissed off big time. I'll call the ride host 'Timmy' just in case you know him. So me and Timmy wondered onto Samurai, which was 5 min queue. After that we went onto X colon backslash No Way Out, and carried out a cool looking slow ISO shot with the X queue lights. Sfter many deliberations about rides, We finally buggered off to Staines. T'was dead on Saturday.Ride count:Stealth x5Inferno x5Rapids x1Loggers x3Vortex x1Colossus x1X x2Samurai x1Sunday 1st April 2007 10am - 6pmBest day TBH. Met most of TPJ, Dann, and TPDan, Sheepie, Joe, James, Beth. Found a condom in Staines, and had fun with it in teh Stealth q-line. Until it popped. On My head. Anyway, raped Sean [TPJ] on Loggersm which was fun. And nearly got caught with his ciggies on me, get him trying to make me look like a smoker!Ride CountStealth x7Inferno x2Rapids x2Quantum x1Fish x1Colossus 1X x1Tidal x2Samurai x2 Monday 2nd April 2007Very VERY bad day, Chessie in morning, and Thorpe in afternoon. Bad headache, and crappy ride count. Camera broke. Missed bus. Walked from Thorpe to Staines. at 10PM. The highlight of the day, was the AMAZING water sequence at end of Bubble works. Truely amazing. 11/10.Ride count:Vampire x1Dragons Fury x1Rattlesnake x1Bubbleworks x1RMT x1Stealth x1Samurai x1Tuesday 3rd AprilGreat end to holiday. Met with Badders and Michelle, and was wet. They left at 7PM, and Rush opened, with me saying it wouldn't be open until Friday. Tsch!Park at night is breathtaking. I will never forget that picture in my head of Surrey in trhe dark, and the park dead, with it lit up like a funfair. Circled the park twice, itw as that empty.Stealth x5Inferno x7 [First Grey out]Rapids x2Loggers x3Quantum x3 [Met Teh Fever..Legend]Vortex x1Fish x3Colossus x3Depth Charge x3Zodiac x2X:\No Way Out x6Samurai x5Rush x2Fungle x1----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ride totals:Stealth x23Inferno x15Rapids x6Loggers x9Quantum x4Vortex x2Fish x9Colossus x5Depth Charge x3Zodiac x2X x10Tidal x2Samurai x11Rush x2Fungle x1Yay for long TR.

Yes we were there sunday seb ;). Were you there friday? I was there aswell.Yeah, that was a long tr, but no one can beat my one which was only for one day :P. Cba to do thursday and friday ones. Thats pretty cool seb, 5 times at thorpe in 5 days. Sorry about Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Thorpe today an it was a really good trip. Stealth ran 2 trains all day with no breakdowns at all. Rush ran 2 swings all day with 1 minor little breakdown because it decided to start making childish squeaking noises ;)Longest queue was 40 mins on 1 train inferno. Longest other was rush at 15 mins but most queues were 5 mins all day.Detty, Tidal Wave, Slammer and Rocky Express were all closed but alot of work appeared to be happening on slammer for the whole day, it got raised then decided to go round about the same speed as an old granny crossing the road an stop upside down. Detty opened for 5 mins an then the bit that raises it got stuck at the top an it didn't open again.Ride Count -:Stealth - 3Rush - 3Inferno - 2Vortex - 1X - 1Colossus - 1Flying Fish - 1 (Don't know why though)I usually do alot more but I was too tired an I think I'm getting too old for doing alot of rides now lol ;) I am nearly 20.Good day out though and I will post pictures and videos when I can.Dan :D