Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Went on my own today, as I had a day off work.Pretty high ride count, mainly due to the fact it was a tuesday in term time.Colossus-3Nemesis Inferno-4Saw - the ride 6 ( I think )Snore-tex 1Quantum-1Zodiac-1Rush-3, including just me on the ride first thing :o Logger's Leap-2, stayed onSlammer-1 Stealth-1X:/ why is it still here?-1Samurai-2The longest queue I saw all day was 15 minutes, and that was on Stealth. No actual breakdowns but a slight delay for the clean up crew on Inferno.I actually left early because of traffic building up, and the fact I had done all I wanted and was actually starting to get a bit bored :o

Ok I've now written the report for the today; voila.Adam and I met up with the other two at the park and we waited about 20 minutes for the gates to open. We headed straight for Stealth and got one three times in quick succession, one at the front. Damn this ride is amazing! We then headed off to Inferno and rode it twice, once at the front. Mist wasn't great but better than nothing, the lights were on in the tunnel as well. The small geyser like thing at the top of the queue was spitting out steam quite consistently. Next up was Rumba Rapids! WE went round twice without getting off, didn't notice any improvement over last season, was fun though. The next area we headed to was the Colossus/ Saw area and we went on Samurai. I was initially quite nervous but enjoyed it greatly. I won't be at all hesitent next time as I think my fear of it is gone! :o We then headed to Saw, queued for about 20 minutes and rode in the second car, front row and I was on the left. I know feel sorry for the people who have had to feel Saw at it's roughest, oh my..that was pure pain. I remember that in future, I was the one put on the left, gee thanks... :o . We then rode Colossus which was a good, solid ride. I find it rough but not unbearably so, definitely brace-able.Next up was lunch and I was introduced to Calypso BBQ by Adam, a very good recommendation! The food was great and the service was very fats, I left a happy customer.I can't remember the rest of the day, so prepare for a random mish mash.I finally got on Rush today! After a couple of years of being too scared I was persuaded on and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for getting me on guys! Very fun with some nice airtime.Also went on Vortex which was ok, if not a bit boring after a while but hey ho.X was ok, wasn't terrible, wasn't great, didn't queue so it was all good.Loggers Leap was fantastic fun as usual, I really love that double drop!Finally good ol' Rocky Express, whilst not the most thrilling, it was a good laugh, definitely worth it!Not time for some more randomness, pictures. I know they're not that good but it was quite a high paced day so I was taking them on the move. Pics here soon.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageGood picture of Adam on Detonator.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageInferno's geyser.Posted ImagePosted ImageRandom pigeon in the Saw warehouse.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by TP Daniel

First visit this season was fairly average to be honest, Weren't bad just not great. Although have to say staff were extremely pleasant and had a much appreciated water cooling in the stealth queue line with attendants grabbing a hose pipe and cooling us down was good fun on a absolutely boiling hot day ! having said that stealth didn't opened until gone 1 ! First attraction was the SAW Alive maze which shockingly had no queue for about the first hour of the park opening considering it's their NEW attraction, but once coming out of it, it became very clear why there was no queue this being the attraction it self is poor. Was not remotely sacred or even weary, the lack of actors and effort by a few of them was shocking with no pig men in sight and the obvious "BOO" scares just didn't work which is a same really because even though I had read all the bad reviews about it I still went in with an open mind expecting it to be better than people had said. The fog was both good and bad, good because you couldn't tell were the next actor would be but bad because all the theming put into the maze was blinded by the fog and no final scare left us walking out the maze into the photo section saying "Oh was that it" and within five minutes had completely forgot about the whole maze. Disappointing Thorpe sort it out ! Had a great morning ride on rush. Really felt as though it was going higher and faster today but not sure if that's just me =)Got absolutely soaked on loggers which was surprising, Great ride.SAW the ride had an hour queue supposedly but turned out to be more like 2 hours, with two brake downs in the space of half an hour and also the ride closing to clear up some vomit . . . Hmm nice. I was hearing that the ride had become unbearably rough however this was not the case for me as I found it fairly smooth for the majority asides from the main drop jolt of course ! A shame to see the pendulum trap not swinging as well as the strope effect on the spikes not on =( It surprisingly takes away so much of the experience.Ride Count (Extremely low)SAW Alive - 1SAW Ride - 1 Rush - 1Quantum - 1Loggers - 1Slammer - 1Stealth - 1Rumba - 1 Tidal - 1X; wtf - 1Samurai was also down for the best part of the day hence why not getting a ride. Tidal wave hit 60 mins at 1 point I believe as well as Nemesis, Colossus hitting well over an hour therefore not getting a ride but looks super speeding these days !Note to self NEVER go on a Saturday !!! Completely packed but overall weren't a bad day !

Went yesterday (Friday 21st) and one of the best days I’ve had at the park. Minimal/No queuing, brilliant weather and everything working!Ride Count:Stealth - 7Nemesis Inferno - 3Colossus - 2 + 1 Front SeatSaw: The Ride - 1 Front SeatX:/ No Way Out - 1Flying Fish - 1Tidal Wave - 1 Front SeatLoggers Leap - 1Rumba Rapids - 1Detonator - 3Rush - 2Slammer - 1Samurai - 1Zodiac – 1Total – 27Colossus is running brilliant this year; the new wheels have definitely had an effect on the ride. You can tell how much faster it runs especially through the inline twists - it actually made me feel slightly dizzy, which it never used to do before. It also is a lot quieter especially through the cobra roll because you can stand underneath it now and still manage to speak! Plus had one of the most intense rides I’ve had on Samurai up to the standard it was at CWOA; maybe I just caught it on a good day!

It's not offten you hear from me, as I don't get to go to thorpe very offten. Well yesterday (25th may 2010) was very special for me. THis post will be sort of long.First thing's first for those who don't know, I'm blind. So no pictures will be uploaded. I may edit this with some audio later on though.So, arrived at the park feeling very nervous. Usually, when I go, I end up bottling out on all the rides -- that is, not going on them. But today I wanted to change that, even if that meant even just riding one of the major (shoulder restraint) coasters -- the only coaster I've done at thorpe before is XNWO.First thing's first we ended up exploring the park, I think there were a few new audio effects -- I've never noticed Inferno having bird sounds before. when we went near Colossus we heard an abnormal rumble that I've never heard before, not from the track by the sounds of it. Only happened a couple of times. So after finding some people from our college group the guys went on Colossus while me and a friend waited. I suddenly felt less nervous than I had been feeling before that time. I think it was just because I was there and beginning to get excited. After that, next on the cards was Inferno. A sudden rush of nerves came over me. I said to the main person I was with though, "no matter what happens, you have to try and get me on a coaster today." So we entered Inferno's main queue line, as if the wrist bands are used I wouldn't be with the other students and we thought it'd be best to experience what everyone else is experiencing.In the queue the nerves really built up. At some points I ended up attempting to push my carer backward but luckily he was strong and just lead me on forward. Near the end of the queue I got so scared I quite literally doubled over for about 5 seconds unable to move. The music was blaring out which was actually really good to hear. Next thing you know, the seat was right there. Realising where I was, instead of waiting by the seat I sat right in. THe last time this happened at chessington I ended up feeling the harnis, seat and such, and that scared me and I ended up climbing out of the seat, this was before it came down. But this time, for thorpe park's Nemesis Inferno, I didn't get the chance. THe harnis got pulled over me and then I ended up feeling around, the seat, the harnis that was now over me, my two friends beside me, realising that I was very safe indeed. Suddenly realising my head wasn't back, I quickly found the headrest, put my head back.The train pulled from the station and I just felt like I have really conkured something. I was about to experience what a major coaster is like. Speeding forwards, and into the first part of the ride, my stomach went as a drop occurred. I felt the first right turn. Trying to see if I could figure out what was happening by trying to remember the description of the track layout proved to be impossible as I seemed to feel an upward motion -- before the lift hill. Going down what seemed to be another drop and finally ending up at the lift hill, I was thinking to myself this really is not that bad at all. The rest of the ride was an awsome blur. Afterwoods, I couldn't do anything, I couldn't eat, but I felt so happy, I was almost in tears, I was thanking the attendents for making such a great ride. But one question, where was the loop? I didn't feel myself go upside down which I really thought that would stand out. I did not go on anything else for another hour or so.After the rest of the group ate, we went over to stealth and I was still in shock from Inferno that I could not bring myself to ride it. We next went over to the saw area. This was my favourite area of the park, even when not going on anything there, I still enjoyed just exploring that part and it was what I had been looking forward to doing all day. While the others went on saw alive, me and a friend went by all the speakers, the police car, and such. Since I was getting hungry at that time, I decided not to ride Saw the Ride, so while the others went on, me and my friend ate some lunch and went over to the rumber rapids. What a lot of fun, I've done it before but doing this again just reminded me of how fun it is. Then, we headed over to x no way out but we couldn't ride it because time was up, and right when I was in the mood for another thrill rie, albeit one I've experienced before. The rest of the day was quite disappointing and involved me wishing I had more time there. I say next time, bring on the unholy trinity. The guys didn't even get to ride Saw because the wait time went up to 90 minutes.Positives:My first experience of a propper coaster.New audio effects.experienced the saw area, very impressed.Negatives:Not enough time. Next time I will end up, hopefully, riding all the coasters, including saw.Didn't seem to feel myself go upside down on Inferno. Next time I'll see if I can notice it, as this time I was just blown away.I really want to go again now. Bring on the unholy trinity, just bring it on. I'm finally ready after all these years. It's been too long.

I suppose I should stick this in here as it was originally a Thorpe trip that turned into a merge in of Chessie aswell.Stealth x1 (1F)Inferno x2 (1F)Loggers x1Slammer x1Colossus x1Saw x1Saw Alive x1Rush x1Lorikeets x1New African area x1Dragons Fury x1Rattlesnake x1Mine Train x1Buccy x1Vampire x1Tomb Blaster x117 attractions. Both parks were wildly busy. I can't enjoy a busy Thorpe as we will always end up on Fish or wandering aimlessly. So 15 min journey east ;)Most queues ranging from 30 - 90 mins (Vamps with a 130min at one point on the sign? haha) in both parks it seemed. Suprisingly managed to have a good day. I like the new lights in Vampire, though they are going to take a while to get used to as I've always known it with the green and purple feel. The red dominates the room a bit, but the blue helps fix that I suppose. Music was really loud. The DJ outside Stealth was a bit crap though. Didn't merge tracks perfectly and 4 speakers dosen't really cover the area very well. But a nice change in tunes for the summer feel. Was a bit annoyed that someone left the inside ride area door on Saw open.... You could see everything which was wierd as it looks like X\: in the light. Weired seeing that concrete hole you fall into! No swinging blades ether. Good side was that I had a fairly smooth run on it for once this year. Nice to see some familiar faces aswell!

Went to Thorpe today, wish I had'ntStealth 1 Nemesis Infernal 1Sore- ouch the ride 1Rubbish Rapids 1Pub, most of the dayWhat a waste of a journey from Portsmouth, never going half tem again ;);):D

So you didn't ride Boretex, Lolossus or C**tum?Thats a shame.

Went on Friday with a couple of my friends from my old school. Was a fun day, despite it being very hot, and it being busy. We still managed to get quite a good ride count considering.Colossus: 1Inferno: 1X:/ No Way Out: 1Rush: 1Vortex: 1Slammer: 1Stealth: 3 (1 front)Saw Alive: 1Saw:the ride :1Samurai:1Tidal Wave:1Quantum: 1My friends went on Detonator also - never me though!

I had a mixed day at Legoland and Thorpe today. Went with Peaj, Smartguy and DanJ. Arrived at 10, got stamp for all 4 of us the did the following:Dragon - 2Dragon Apprentice - 1Pirate Falls - 1Viking Rapids - 1 Pirate Boat - 1Spider log - 1 Jet Ski - 1Rocket Racers - 1Jungle Safari - 1Fire/Ballon/Boat school - 1 Extreme Team Challenge - 1Lazer Raders and Scarab Bouncers - 2 Helecopter - 1Fairytale Brook - 1Orient Express - 1Digger Challenge - 1After lunch we found out from Ricky that Thorpe was quiet, so we left Legoland and headed to Thorpe. Got there about 4:40. Did the following:Stealth x 2Nemesis x1Detanator x1Saw the ride x1Saw Alive x1 Colossus x1 Overall was a great day, wish I had got more than 3 hours sleep last night as shattered at the moment. Was great to see the new Legoland after 5 years of not going.

Had an excellent day at Thorpe yesterday. On arrival from the bus des chavs, the ticket booths looked packed but I realised that in fact that was a queue for advanced ticket collecting and the main ticket booths weren't too busy.For a Saturday in June the queues weren't bad at all. Longest I saw was an hour for Saw and Colossus. Inferno, Stealth, Loggers and Rush were mostly around 30 and I think Vortex, Zodiac and Det had around 20 minute queues for most of the day. Saw quite a few people in England shirts as well but I reckon the England game did keep lots of people away from the park. Also it was quite cold in the morning but the weather really brightened up later on in the day.I'm gutted that Rush seems to be having problems at getting some height to it. Some cycles even A was barely doing 90, saying that I got some excellent rides on it and it remains my favourite ride in the park.Another general observation I made was that some rides would REALLY benefit from a single rider queue providing that staff can run it effectively as they were with Stealth. I know that unless they build another wider path up the exit Inferno can't really have one but I think definitely Rush and maybe Detonator could work well with it. I saw so many cycles on Rush where there were at least 2 or 3 empty seats and I think a SRQ would be a great addition to the ride.Reliability was okay. Slammer was down the whole day and things looked a bit ugly with it. Detonator got a few people stranded at the top and Colossus had a problem about 4 and it still hadn't re-opened when I left the park at half 5.Ride Count:Colossus - 1Saw - 2Inferno - 2Stealth - 4 (thanks to SRQ)Rush - 4Det - 2CCR - 1Rocky Express - 117 rides total which isn't too bad for a Saturday in June. :unsure:Was an excellent day.

Another general observation I made was that some rides would REALLY benefit from a single rider queue providing that staff can run it effectively as they were with Stealth. I know that unless they build another wider path up the exit Inferno can't really have one but I think definitely Rush and maybe Detonator could work well with it. I saw so many cycles on Rush where there were at least 2 or 3 empty seats and I think a SRQ would be a great addition to the ride.

I was thinking about this at work the other day as well.. quite sad I know.The only way SRQ works well is if it leads to batching areas, however depending on the layout/position of these things it can be open to abuse. I'm sure the hassle with ensuring the guests trying to use single riders as it meant to be isn't worth the hassle alone really. It's just quicker and allows more people on a ride to not have single riders where it takes so much time arguing against these people, or trying to fill the empty seats ala inferno was.Rush did originally have SRQ, but was replaced with fastrack. The ride should have neither imo!

• 2 weeks later...

Copied from RG for ease :PMy first proper PTR (ish)! :(Got to the park pretty early, about 40 minutes before opening. Took some photos of the entrance and that...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAfter hanging around till 9:50, thorpeparkjack arrived. After hellos and that we headed straight to Inferno. This side of the park was dead. Literally no one around. Got first ride of the day on Inferno, front row, to ourselves. Then went straight to the back. 4 rides later our luck had run out and we had to get off. There was no queue and we could have easily gone round again, but couldn't be bothered. Went over to Stealth and had a 5 minute wait for front row on the 'Goalercoaster' car. Then did a rather nice ride on the Teacups, first time on the epic Number 2 for Jack. We both felt sick afterwards and opted for Rumba Rapids. One of the shocks of the day was the fact the lights were on! It shows how the theming has literally just been draped over with black cloth or just left there. Extremely tacky. Of course, photos were taken (sorry about motion blur):Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAlso took a Stealth pic, which I got told off for. (I forget there was about 5 staff watching me :P)Posted ImageAfter 3 rides, took another Stealth piccy..Posted ImageDetonator followed, which was as fun as ever. Then a ride on Loggers, which was at it wettest of the season in the tunnel! One ride on Rush and then came X:\WTF...The rumours that were flying around that the lights were turned on in the ride were true. We had a look at the '45min' queue, which ended up being a walk-on. And, amazingly, it was. The idea is a 'trial' for something different. I tried for some photos, but they were all fails. The lights on on dimly, not full-blown. 4 rides later and we went over to Vortex and Quantum. Zodiac would have been done if it weren't for it breaking down..Headed back over to Canada Creek for CCR. Ended up doing photos of Loggers first..Posted ImagePosted ImageOh, and Saw...Posted ImagePosted ImageAnd ColossusPosted ImageLunch was had at the Noodle Bar and then CCR came. Saw pics were inevitable..Posted ImagePosted ImageThat concludes all the photos.Loggers was done again for another wet go. Trodded over to Rush for another go. Then did X:\WTF for the fifth time. Photos were tried with phone this time, and failed miserably. Ended up doing Flying Fish. The ride op was epicly good and an amazing laugh. The rest of the staff were very friendly as well. Did that twice, with 4 circuits each go. Colossus was saying 20min, so we checked that out. Did that, for a slightly faster and quieter than normal ride. Rush had a short-ish queue, so did that again and called it a day at about 3:30. Was an amazing day. See you next week Thorpe. :P

SO.. went to Thorpe yesterday with Marc. Good trip actually, Thorpes run of full ride availability continues and as it stands, is the best of the old three Tussaud parks. Started the day off by going to Stealth.Now this was a first...I have never visited the park and Stealth has been open on time. Well ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, I have witnessed a miracle as we got on Stealth at 9:30 for a front row ride. Having now ridden Blue Fire, I do think it is the better ride. However, Stealth does what it does very well and is still the only ride I go on still slightly scared. So really what I'm trying to say is... both are good rides and are Mark approved.Our next ride was Rumba for two goes rounds. Was nice, nothing awe inspiring though. Didn't bother with Inferno as it was closed and decided to ride X:\ No lights off. It wasn't bad actually, it's definitly a novelty seeing the ride in the light and just how compact it is in there. I just.. I can't help thinking the ride is so meaningless now. The order gets a bit blurry.. I think we next went on Saw and queued 30 minutes, then decided to just queue for Colossus because I love queueing. We queued about an hour for it and for some random reason, no one was using the front row queue so walked pretty much straight onto it. It was a very sly method of queue jumping as it wasn't intentional in the slightest. Had KFC, then probably rode a few more rides. We took advantage of the England game by riding Rush and Vortex together, both only had 5 minute queues so was worth the while. The England game totally changed the atmosphere on park though. In the morning the park was a very happy place. I liked the England flags on the top of Rush and the front of CCR and I had no pings of hatred from the England covered Stealth train. After the England match.. my there were glum faces. I hope no one was feeling suicidal yesterday...Thorpe have upped their game this year. They are finally in a position to say they are a fantastic park. Reliability is better. There's still the odd problems occuring but 95% of the time everything is going and the park is all the better for it.Stealth X2 (1 front row)Colossus X1 (Front row)Inferno X1X:\ No lights off X2Samurai X1Bear Hunt X1Saw the ride X1Vortex X1Detonator X1Rush X1Quantum X1Flying Fish X1Rumba Rapids X2

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the park today, had a great day putting everything into consideration. I'll keep the report simple: good points, bad points, queue times from the day and a ride count. Good Points- Being just my second visit to the park this season, it was great to see that the general cleanliness of park had been maintained from the start of the season, and most of the signage / area features were looking clean and fresh. - The vast majority of staff were happy and friendly. - Ride availability was good. Rush was unavailable all day as advertised at the park entrance, and although there were rather a lot of breakdowns of various attractions during the day, all were minor and took a matter of minutes to resolve. - Sound systems park wide seemed to be working fine, and I didn't hear of any missing or broken links which was nice. (Rumba Rapids theme playing in the Nemesis queue last visit wasn't what I was expecting ;))- Ride staff were working efficiently and dealing well with large visitor numbers in ride queues. - The majority of ride effects were working well. (It was fantastic to see such thick mist with orange atmospheric colour washes in the Nemesis tunnel, which really added to the atmosphere creating a better ride experience). It was also nice to see that these effects have been maintained, and haven't just been lost again. - The chart music playing at the entrance has converted me now. As much as I love the 2009 entrance / bridge theme playing at the start of the day, it is so much more appropriate I feel to have chart music playing, as it does appeal massively to the target audience and really creates a buzzing atmosphere. It also allows guests to dance and really enjoy themselves, which the old themed music didn't really offer. Bad Points- Some staff members were a bit rude and didn't really seem to care about the guests too much. Not a great thing to see. Queue Times (Maximum)Quantum - 15 minsVortex - 45 minsZodiac - 15 minsRush - UnavailableColossus - 90 minsSamurai - 45 minsSAW: The Ride - 90 minsSAW Alive - 60 minsLoggers Leap - 30 minsRocky Express - 5 minsCCR - 5 minsSlammer - 30 minsChief Ranger's Carousel - 5 minsMr Monkey's Banana Ride - 5 minsStorm in a Teacup - 5 minsNemesis Inferno - 60 minsDetonator - 30 minsStealth - 60 minsRumba Rapids - 20 minsTidal Wave - 30 minsFlying Fish - 5 minsDepth Charge - 15 minsX:/ No Way Out - 30 minsRide CountQuantum: 1Zodiac: 2Colossus: 1Samurai: 1X:/ No Way Out: 1Slammer: 2Loggers Leap: 1Rocky Express: 1Nemesis Inferno: 1Detonator: 1Storm in a Teacup: 1Stealth: 2Tidal Wave: 1Rumba Rapids: 1Total - 17 Rides (9.30am - 6pm)Final NoteIt was a busy day on park today, but the ride queue times were very temperamental throughout the day. (For example, Colossus was at 90 mins roughly with an almost full queue line for the majority of the day, although at 2pm we queued less than 5 mins). Although it was quite busy, the ride queues weren't too bad, and I would strongly recommend going this week if you can.