Anti-Rant

pluk

I've pretty much got a summer 'internship' sorted out!

I'll be doing a small research project at my uni for a few weeks over summer. I've found a supervisor, so just need to formalise a topic for me to do then send off the application for the bursary I'd get and it's all sorted. Not really your standard internship, but at least I've got something productive to do over summer! :D

Yay, this is all sorted now! Going to be doing a project in the area of Maths I find the most interesting and even if I'm unsuccessful with the application for the bursary, the Maths Department at uni will fund it for me! Win-win!

(Only downside is I'll be spending 6-8 weeks of the Summer Holidays at uni, which means it's another 6-8 weeks I'm away from Thorpe. :( [/FanboyProblems] )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So I finished school today for the summer but I haven't been in for the last few days as I haven't been well. As a result I missed out on writing paper 2 of my Chemistry ISA (which will make up 25% of my final grade next year) as well as the hand-in date for a piece of coursework I've been working on through the Summer Term. 

Luckily I can sit the ISA paper in September and I managed to (barely) complete my coursework last night and after a lot of running today around after I left my card which enables you to print in another classroom- in the other side of the school- I managed to print it all off and have it all arranged and handed in to my teacher hardly 10 minutes before the end of the day. My teacher said it looked like a good piece of work and I find out my result when we go back in September, hopefully all goes well as this will also make up 25% of my grade in my subject.

Okay, it may seem pretty meh to you guys but I've been stressing out so much over the prospect of my coursework not being completed or handed in but I managed to do both and now I have one less thing to worry and get stressed out about, woo :P

• 1 month later...

After ranting about De La Soul, it's only fair to say how bloody amazing Dizzee Rascal, The Feeling and Razorlight all were, as well many others not well known or known to me at all beforehand, especially The Milk, Bipolar Sunshine, Nothing But Thieves, James Gillespie, Youth Club, Stealing Signs and The Pylons. Check 'em out if you don't know them either. The Cuban Brothers and GLC were both brilliantly mental too, if not musically, err, gifted.

Oh dear...

I managed to (barely) complete my coursework last night and after a lot of running today around after I left my card which enables you to print in another classroom- in the other side of the school- I managed to print it all off and have it all arranged and handed in to my teacher hardly 10 minutes before the end of the day. My teacher said it looked like a good piece of work and I find out my result when we go back in September, hopefully all goes well as this will also make up 25% of my grade in my subject.

Bit of a (probably unwanted) update on this- we've been given an extension because the school didn't sign us up for the double award and now we don't even have the ability to do it at all- as I'd have done it as an 'extra curricular activity(the lessons etc.)- so I have two weeks to tweak my coursework and hopefully it'll be at the best standard I can muster!

When MAPs come up in a conversation and you're about to type "My Merlin Membership expires in December"...then you remember that they don't expire like APs do :D It's a relief knowing I won't have that worry, and won't have to faff about in a horrific slow-moving queue to renew/get a new one.

Anyone who was at the Christmas meet last year will remember how long I was in SeaLife for - the printer was being dodgy and making passes that couldn't be scanned :P

Nice photo though...

774ad215204074f6edc7b8b174ca4132.jpg

Voldemert?

I am delighted to bring you good news!

After a long and bumpy road, which made my work/life balance turn into very much work/work balance, I have, finally got a new job! My career!  :D  :D

I'm going for my introduction tomorrow and I start on Saturday, I am so happy and proud at the moment to finally get started on my career in hospitality!

The road has been bumpy but I'm hoping it's going to be as smooth as Inferno from now on!  :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey peeps as part of my NCS course we have to do a 30 hour community project and me and my team are doing a charity fundraiser :D sadly I cant post the poster for the event on here but if you all message me on either tpm, facebook or twitter I can let you know details :D it will be free (apart from the stalls) and anyone is welcome to come!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a (probably unwanted) update on this- we've been given an extension because the school didn't sign us up for the double award and now we don't even have the ability to do it at all- as I'd have done it as an 'extra curricular activity(the lessons etc.)- so I have two weeks to tweak my coursework and hopefully it'll be at the best standard I can muster!

I'm here again to bug you all :P Well, I got 46/50 in my coursework but as everyone else didn't do so well (the grade boundaries are really tough, you need 47 for an A*!) we've been given yet more time to go through them, and my teacher said there's no reason why I couldn't get top marks, it's made me so happy as I was panicking that I'd missed out loads and when my teacher said only two people got higher than a D, and I'd already heard two people who got Cs, I thought I'd just written 40 odd pages of utter nonsense, but thankfully not and hopefully this means I'll come out of this subject with a pretty nice grade :D

Sorry to bother you all with my first world student problems.