Anti-Rant

pluk

• 1 month later...

I have an exam tomorrow. I've not sat an exam in about 18 years. I should be revising, I'm writing this instead. 

Just got the result back, I ONLY BLOODY PASSED!! I'm amazed, I thought it had gone so badly. Means I can go for promotion now (well, promotion to do the job I've been doing 'temporarily' for the last 9 months anyway!), which is nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought this was the best place to put this - my girlfriend has published a book on Kindle/Amazon :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reasons-Love-Nerd-Like-Me-ebook/dp/B015VL47M4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443781452&sr=8-1&keywords=reasons+to+love+a+nerd+like+me

She's had 2.4 million "reads" on Wattpad so decided to take the plunge and put it out there as a paid for book too and see how it goes....

https://www.wattpad.com/story/13980497-reasons-to-love-a-nerd-like-me

I know Wattpad is free but she's kinda hoping that people will pay a couple of quid to "own" the book as it's easier to read on Kindle than on Wattpad online etc!

Would be interested of anyone's thoughts - it's likely to be of interest to the main demographic on here - possibly  :friends:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So last night at my air cadets squadron we had our annual awards evening and I got awarded not only a freakin' sword for my achievements over the year but I got promoted to the rank of Cadet Warrant Officer, which is the highest rank a cadet can hold... I'm still so happy I can't get this grin off my face :D It means so much and I will admit when I sat down after collecting it I got all emotional and had myself a few tears! So happy the staff at my squadron have this much faith in me and I hope I can show them that I deserve it :)

• 1 month later...

I would love to learn first aid and also CPR.  Read a really sad story about a 6 year old that died from choking on a grape - not the first grape incident which has resulted in death sadly.

I did a brief bit of first aid at college when I was studying child care which came in handy when my niece who was about 7 months old at the time started to choke whilst I was feeding her - luckily I managed to dislodge the offending food item by whipping her out of her chair and putting her across my thighs and slapping her back.

Nice one Pluk for what you did - not sure I would be able to sleep after an experience like that!

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've finally been able To appreciate all I have in the past few weeks. I feel so comfortable within my own skin which I must confess is something that I've never been very good at. I have a work placement As part of my collage course and I wasn't expecting it to be as enjoyable as it is. Everything is just coming together nicely my sleeping problems have gone and I just feel so good and happy with my life Even though 2 week's ago I thought nothing was ever gonna get better. I Appreciate that that was a bit of a jumbled mess but really truly I feel as though I have reborn, Like I have another chance to get everything right this time rather then always making the wrong choices. 

It's just an advantage of the work I do, and I didn't do anything that anyone else in the same situation wouldn't have done, but I got to properly save a life tonight. I would guess that seconds later I wouldn't have been able to. It's a pretty good feeling when it happens like that.

The only down side is I should be going to sleep about now, but it's left me a bit too buzzing.

EDIT I hope this doesn't sound a bit show offy or big headed, that's not how it's intended, but I rarely talk about work to people outside of work for that very reason, so it feels kind of nice to share in a slightly anonymous way here. It's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last, but occasionally it hits me how unusual some of the situations I find myself in are to most people.

Oh, and go and do first aid if you don't know it already. You never know when you could find yourself able to help someone.

Oh I know that buzz well....horrible when you're between nights and can't sleep though! Unusual is one way to describe them.....words fail me sometimes!

Well done mate!

Bit of a niche chart but thought I'd share that my girlfriend's book Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me is currently #3 on the Young Adult Gay & Lesbian chart on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/books/5346595031/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_b_1_4_last

If you have Kindle Unlimited it's free to read, otherwise £2.99 :)

Thought I'd share again as it might be of interest to some on here :D Very proud of her innit.

• 3 weeks later...

So, me and Celia Mae will be studying at the same uni as of September (she is already there and I'm on a gap year). We thought of applying for a studio flat on campus which basically means we get a fully equipped flat for 2, with all utilities paid for and the luxury of living in London basically all for £206 a week. Which when split in half is really cheap compared to what we'd find off campus or for an en-suite single with communal kitchen (they're like £135 a week). So it's a win with money, comfort etc. The only problem with it was that priority for the studio flats goes to postgrads, final year students then down the line to freshers. Also, we were told we wouldn't hear if we were successful till August. Now as we'd start in September that's a bit late to sort something out, especially as we're out the country for the later part of August. We really weren't sure if we'd get one, expectations quite low and I was preparing for a stressful August trying to find something else. Anyway...

Celia got an email Tuesday saying that we've got a studio flat for the 2016/17 term  :D

So, me and Celia Mae will be studying at the same uni as of September (she is already there and I'm on a gap year). We thought of applying for a studio flat on campus which basically means we get a fully equipped flat for 2, with all utilities paid for and the luxury of living in London basically all for £206 a week. Which when split in half is really cheap compared to what we'd find off campus or for an en-suite single with communal kitchen (they're like £135 a week). So it's a win with money, comfort etc. The only problem with it was that priority for the studio flats goes to postgrads, final year students then down the line to freshers. Also, we were told we wouldn't hear if we were successful till August. Now as we'd start in September that's a bit late to sort something out, especially as we're out the country for the later part of August. We really weren't sure if we'd get one, expectations quite low and I was preparing for a stressful August trying to find something else. Anyway...

Celia got an email Tuesday saying that we've got a studio flat for the 2016/17 term  :D

Congrats on getting the flat and the Uni is pretty good as well.

Kind of a pity really this is my last year as the pn there would've been a small proximity of Tpmers. Not to mention one of halls is called Runnymede. Enjoy uni.

• 3 weeks later...