Anti-Rant

pluk

• 3 weeks later...

Very pleased with Travelodge! Monday night we checked in for a stay and the TV wasn't working. No biggie for us as we just watched stuff from my phone. Told the guy at reception, he said he'd look into it. Got back from dinner still broken, ah well. But on Tuesday after our day out it was working, cool!

Upon checking out Wednesday morning, luckily on reception it was the same guy and he asked us if anyone had talked to us about a refund. We said no, they ended up refunding us for our first night as the TV was broken. Nice! Wasn't even fussed by tv's TV, so was a really nice touch! That's how to keep customers :)

Fab customer service right there!

Happy Easter everyone! Don't go eating too many chocolate eggs now (I'm just jealous as I have none although I do have a stack of unhealthy snacks).

This year started off pretty crud for me but my anti rant is about becoming an Auntie (for the 5th time) this past week. Was meant to be meeting my new nephew today but cancelled until next week but at least it is something to look forward to! I don't see much of my younger sister and her now 4 boys due to location and the fact she is currently without a car. Hoping to spend some time with my niece over Easter (helps that she lives a 3 min walk from where I live). She has become a bit if a theme park enthusuast since her first trip to TP last summer - she's eager to get back to TP to ride Saw - a bit disturbing that she has a bit of an obsession with Billy - I think if she saw the films she would change her mind!

• 2 months later...

Over the moon :D

Most of you may have seen the rant I made exactly one week ago about the struggle through college towards my future. Well today finally brought two solutions:

1. On my point of me supposedly being plonked on the wrong course rather than one that'll actually help me get where I want to be, some light has finally been cast. This CAD course I wanted - turns out they do evening classes for that as well for a part-time course...and to think I can do both that and have a full-time job in IT really did throw me for a loop! Never has £450 seemed like such a good deal! Looks like I'll be getting the experience I want after all. :D

2. With regards to that assignment involving a CPU simulator, that is now done and out of the way...for now. But what's important is that I at least understand it a lot more. ;)

All is well, people! You can sit on down now...

Currently in my first job where I've had to manage other people and it's all going far better than expected!

Also found out I'll be graduating with a 1st Class Honours Psychology degree from the University of Birmingham so I'm incredibly happy about that!

Looking forward to my graduation and continuing with my new job this summer!  Fab stuff

I had a dreadful day today, I mean really dreadful! But one amazing thing made up for all of that... I had my braces taken off :yahoo:

Finally! After a year and a half they're finally gone! I do have to have a weird wire behind my bottom teeth for the rest of my life, but I'm told after a few days it should feel normal. 

Agh! I'm so happy right now! Probably too happy and over the top, but at last I don't have metal painfully surrounding my teeth!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm slightly late (over two weeks late) with this post, however I still wanted to share it.

I was asked (along with two others) to present a dancing & acting show at the Theatre Royal Windsor. By presenting, I mean introducing the show, talking before and after the interval and also closing the show.

The theatre seats around 600 people; the largest audience I've ever had to perform to. It was absolutely terrifying, but I loved it. I'd do it again in an instant! Massively boosted my confidence :) 

• 9 months later...

Just booked tickets to go and see Paramore in January (I have a huge girl-crush on Hayley Williams)

also just booked another round of Tulleys Tickets, and just lost a stone or two, and I'm also finally progressing with learning guitar.. (I can actually play now without deafening my family :lol:)

I'm also really tanned after two Holidays, life is looking up.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm into a lot of different types of communities. I love Star Wars, I love Pokemon, I love Disney & I love Doctor Who.

All of these communities love ripping apart each other and the products of their respective fandom. People hating on Episode 8 or the Doctor now being a woman.

But the coaster community for me is barely like that. Everyone has the odd bit of rage but on the whole, we stay far more passionate about rollercoasters and theme parks then become 'haters'. It's pretty refreshing.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Nemesis made me feel alive after months and months of constant depressing news. 

It is unlike any other ride for me. It's the small things. I love how the top of the lift hill is at ground level which is just pure uniqueness, I love how its first drop is so gradual and then it just throws you into the tour de force of element and element, getting faster and faster until the vertical loop. I love the terrain, the way you explore every element of the ride and are up close and personal with the trains. I love how this is a B&M that they will never even attempt to build anything like again because of the difficulties with the ride and it's shifting environment. I love its unique theme, how the station is the monster itself or how its just a capacity machine with a queue that never stops moving. I love how 26 years later it is considered to be one of the very best rides B&M have ever built and one of the best rollercoasters ever made.

I love how it can be endlessly compared to its younger brother at Thorpe and how we have two rides with the same elements in a completely different order. I love how it only came about because of two cancelled projects and the launch of Batman: The Ride in Great America, without all these things coming together, we may have never got Nemesis and Alton Towers would be a vastly different place.

When I think of perfect rides, only Nemesis can ever fit the target. For me its what rides are supposed to represent and be all about, the passion, the drama, the soul of creativity.

Long live the queen, the Jurassic Park of 1994.

• 1 year later...