IAAPA 2013

EC!

So IAAPA is upon us and there are some great new rides on display!

All photos are coutesy of TPR

thumb_002_201.jpg

New El Loco Trains!

thumb_003_173.jpg

Model of Thunderbolt by Zamperla, now in red.

thumb_004_180.jpg

Mack's new Drop 'N' Splash

thumb_006_169.jpg

Train of the New junior GCI woodie going to LEGOLAND FLORIDA!

thumb_001_201.jpg

The Lightning Run train of the reopening Kentucky Kingdom!

thumb_002_210.jpg

Firechaser Express Train.

thumb_003_177.jpg

Goliath Woodie train!

Video footage of the just announced tallest, fastest, longest GCI woodie ever, Viper at Wanda Park, Nanching, China!

thumb_bzcxcmhiaaaimol.jpg

The Smiler, Now an off the shelf gerst model!

thumb_006_171.jpg

Just announced the future worlds supposed tallest coaster a Polercoaster 525ft tall.

vine of the mack Drop 'N' Splash working, footage courtesy of the TPR Vine page

GCI's switchback concept

So what do you think of what has been displayed today at IAAPA?

oh right if that's the case, then lucky them!

but this is what I seen on TPR's twitter, so not sure if I'm not understanding what they've put properly then?

The new @GreatCoasters Mini Millennium Flyer will be on Coastersaurus @LEGOLANDFlorida on Thursday. #IAAPA

Well that solves it, people said it was a new coaster but people were saying it was a ne coaster but that solves it then :P

Here's the video, for anyone interested...

Skip to 16:25 for the part about the AT woodie.

He seems to refer to the cross-valley woodie proposed a few years ago; saying it had good terrain and a couple of 'special features'. Also says he'd love to see one there.

I also love how early on in the video, B&M say they've had no crazy ideas! :lol:

Well let's be honest, has anything B&M ever done been over the top crazy? Bar Starry Sky Scrapper's layout, I can't really think of anything...

My point was how they haven't approached with any crazy ideas; an answer they gave in the video when they were asked if anyone had...

I quite like the thought that B&M consider every idea that a park proposes to them isn't crazy, and that they'd presumably be willing to either give it a shot or happily say that whilst it's a good idea, they wouldn't be interested in pursuing it.

thumb_bzcxcmhiaaaimol.jpg

The Smiler, Now an off the shelf gerst model!

I wouldn't say that there being a model at a trade show automatically makes it an off shelf design, the layout of The Smiler relies far too much on the terrain of its area to be an off the shelf model. I'd say its more likely that Gerst are using The Smiler as an example of what can be achieved with the Infinity model, a flagship, if you will.

I wouldn't say that there being a model at a trade show automatically makes it an off shelf design, the layout of The Smiler relies far too much on the terrain of its area to be an off the shelf model. I'd say its more likely that Gerst are using The Smiler as an example of what can be achieved with the Infinity model, a flagship, if you will.

I got told by stretchy it was an off the shelf model :ph34r: he is my alton towers oracle :P, mind you anything gerst put on their website looks as if it was advertised so you could potentially buy it.

In a brochure of the Infinity Coaster, Gerstlauer give technical data for Smiler and call it 'Infinity Coaster 1170' - http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/downloads/brochures/Infinity-Coaster.pdf

I don't know much about it, but it seems strange for them to have a specific, one off coaster, with a standardised code like that (I don't think Saw, for example, is referred to as 'Eurofighter 300' or whatever). So I wouldn't be surprised if, theoretically, a park could order one, if you will, though it does heavily rely on a certain terrain and such. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if AT struck a deal of some sort with Gerstlauer to say they could make another one for a another park for x years as part of the deal.

(Basically what EC said :P )

In a brochure of the Infinity Coaster, Gerstlauer give technical data for Smiler and call it 'Infinity Coaster 1170' - http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/downloads/brochures/Infinity-Coaster.pdf

I don't know much about it, but it seems strange for them to have a specific, one off coaster, with a standardised code like that (I don't think Saw, for example, is referred to as 'Eurofighter 300' or whatever). So I wouldn't be surprised if, theoretically, a park could order one, if you will, though it does heavily rely on a certain terrain and such. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if AT struck a deal of some sort with Gerstlauer to say they could make another one for a another park for x years as part of the deal.

(Basically what EC said :P )

Speed in oakwood is a Euro-fighter 600 or something so yeah thats an off the shelf model too. Maybe with smiler it will be like Colossus where smiler will stand alone for a few years and then some chinese park will build one, maybe in a LSM version(stretchy told me that was avaliable too :ph34r:)

Yeah, pretty sure Speed and Rage are off the shelf, but Saw is custom, and hence wouldn't have a code. XD

There are LSM Infinity Coaster available; with Karacho at Tripsdrill being the first - http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller-coasters/infinity-coaster/. I'd be surprised if they tweaked a Smiler clone (if one were to ever happen) to have a LSM launch though!

What's scared me most is that someone thought the best company to go to in order to have new trains on a Vekoma SLC were Kumbak...

I mean... What?

In regards to the Gerst stuff, considering there are only 2 variations of the Infinity coaster, it doesn't surprise me that both have their own 'tag' as it were... I would imagine that it's basically to show off the potential of the thing, and potential customers can contact them and ask for a variant of the 1170 or 700 whilst being able to visualise what the ride will look like...

There might be a time when other parks build a Smiler clone, it happened with Colossus (although that was a lot more off-the-shelf than Smiler is)...

The new GCI trains are now on coastersaurus and here is the video!

They look great!

The bad news is that because of the trains the height restriction has gone from 0.9m to 1.1m which might disappoint some little kids who could of gotten on the ride before but can't now.