VIP Packages - 2 for 1 Deal!

Marc

Gah - If it wasn't for the fact that Crimbo is fast approaching and I haven't even bought anything yet, have a water bill due plus a new nephew due anytime (literally) I would be so up for this. I wanna walk up the Swarm lifthill! Can't grumble though cos I got to walk up Inferno lift hill during the ERT (and that nearly killed me - I am so unfit)! :tease:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just want to say a public "thank you" to TPM and to Thorpe Park for putting on this deal for us - I had my VIP Day on Sunday and had a really great time.

Unfortunately the standard Stealth backstage tour had to be shelved, because the ride broke down minutes before it was due to start (typical!) - so the engineers were having to spend their time attending to that, rather than giving me a tour.

5 minutes of quick thinking later, and the Park more than made up for it by sending the Head of Engineering over to give me a backstage tour around Nemesis Inferno's, SAW's and The Swarm's workshops instead! He was a great guy and more than happy to help out. As further "compensation", they also let me shut The Swarm down at the end of day, and guided me through operating the train transfer - very unexpected, but very cool of them.

The lift hill walk at 7:30pm was also amazing (as others on here have already reported) - I was lucky to get a fantastic clear day, where from the top we could see as far back as Wembley Stadium and the London Eye - a good 18-20 miles away. Definitely gives you a different perspective on the Park from above, too. And we had a class sunset!

btslifthill20.jpg

I've posted more photos from the lift hill walk over on Total Thorpe Park. And thanks again to TPM and Thorpe!

• 1 month later...

'Cashed in' my Behind the Scenes Tour and Coaster Climb.  Huge thanks to TPM for being able to sort out 2for1 deals and to Thorpe for giving TPM that opportunity and for setting it up the ideas in the first place!

My Behind the Scenes tour was of Saw, and was really interesting.  Got given a full tour of the workshop, control room, console as well as along part of the CCR route.  The engineers' knowledge is unreal, and their ability to be able to answer any question in such depth shows that they have real passion for their work!  

Of course, I did the Coaster Climb on Swarm.  Being such a nice day, we could around for miles, and it was a really nice being up there.  Photos don't justify how amazing the views are.  Afterwards, I was given a closer look at the helicopter - real nice bit of theming!

If anyone wants a look at my pictures, they're here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204794539966380.1073741833.1324550230&type=1&l=81b6fdfe9a

Again, thanks to TPM, Thorpe, my VIP host, the Saw engineers and the rides manager who took us up the lift hill!  Will definitely be looking into doing another experience next season! :D