Help for a trip to Chessington.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and I wanted to start by asking a quick question about the trip I am planning to Chessington on the 14th of December. I have been to the park once before during the summer time and it has been really busy - should I do expecting this for my trip in December, or is it going to be much quieter? Also, it would be useful to know which rides to do first, queue times expected, and places to eat. I hope it's going to be a great trip!

Thanks!! :)

It will be best to look on Chessington's website for opening times. It contains a key showing what each colour means on the calendar and the way the park will be on those days. The day you have chosen to go as mentioned above, is a festive zoo day with only selected areas of the zoo and sea life centre being open only. Here is a link to the opening times page with the colour key chart on it as well http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/opening-times.aspx

I'd postpone it till March if I were you, in previous years a zoo day has had a lot to offer but this year they're going to be really quite dismal.

Agreed, it used to keep me going through the closed season and I'd always go on or near my Birthday - don't think I'll bother this year.

I really can't be bothered with Chessington anymore unless they up their game.

Yep very unappealing this year, Zoo Days :(

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/festive-zoo-days.aspx

There is a new Christmas walkthrough attraction I suppose....? No mention of Hocus Pocus Hall.

I think if you go not expecting too much from the day you'll be alright! I don't think it would hurt them to open a couple of smaller rides in my opinion!

Judging by the sounds of things, it looks like a lot of work is happening at Chessington this closed season despite having no photographs yet. However I strongly that some of the park will look nice and fresh again once it re-opens in 2014, although that is asking a lot from a park that has reached a state where theming has decayed so much it has been condemned unsafe.

I'm a little surprised at all the works that seem to be going on that we don't know the specifics of. Considering the long list of large projects we are aware of. I'm guessing (hoping) that the majority of work on RMT, RR and Dragon Falls has been completed off site and needs little more than installation, otherwise it seems like they're taking on more then they can hope to complete. 2014 could be...interesting.