Help for a trip to Chessington.

I've heard rumours that RMT is getting a new name. The new name that I've heard would suggest that the rocks aren't going to come back and, I would think that it looks more like a Flying Fish...

Would be the icing on the cake for that sham of a theme park. On the plus side, it would mean I'd never have to waste money on travel visiting there again.

I've heard rumours that RMT is getting a new name. The new name that I've heard would suggest that the rocks aren't going to come back and, I would think that it looks more like a Flying Fish...

Judging by Chessington's standards, they'll probably theme the ride around some western animal (perhaps a Buffalo), add new cartoony signage and ride colours then throw a few bits of old random theming around the ride.

TBH I have low expectations for this 'apparent' re theme and as long as we don't see any rocks or fundamental structure/tunnel within the ride, I shall be very disappointed . I don't hold my breath for Fall's retheme either.

New coloured track with red supports,a rumoured new name and perhaps a new train? I feel quite concerned about this 'so called' retheme and I feel they will either do a pretty good or absolutely shocking job at it.

If they do this retheme well,we could see some sort of new rock structure, a heavy scorpion themed train and interactive queue line.

But if they just place random bit of theming throughout the ride without any form of indoor structure like the fish, I will be extremely disappointed.

I agree, I think they could easily change the theming of the ride, but if they mess it up it will be really disappointing as it is a fun, and enjoyable ride. Personally I like the way it was before, coloured track and red supports basically changes the whole ride in my opinion. ( A runaway mine train, to a bright scorpion. ) They might as well make it a completely different ride!

Don't forget that Chessington ran a competition for people to submit ideas for the theme of Runaway Mine Train and Dragon Falls (http://www.chessington.com/updates/) There were restrictions such as it had to fit with the Mexicana theme but something completely new wouldn't be unexpected if they have used a child's submission. Some kids imaginations are great so they could of got some good sketches in.

We might be surprised that Chessie are actually doing something?

I mean like, RMT and Dragon Falls only needed for the stuff to be redone to the same standard as it was before, but considering Merlin's fondness for 'the cheap' or 'the bare minimum' when it comes to theming there's not exactly many reasons for enthusiasts to be excited about when it comes to Chessie...

Sure an aviary walkthrough for the Monkey/Bird Garden would be good (as it should've happened back in 2011, but budget cuts), but the park has a LOT of work to do on itself to actually stop the rather bad plunge it's taken the past two years... Having some rockwork theming is actually the least of the park's worries currently, though it was the last straw for many fans as to how the park was going...

The thing is, we know what's due to happen with RMT, and that's the rocks are coming back... But the question is, in what FORM are they coming back? Bear in mind the original set of rockwork was brilliantly done in order to make one of the most basic track layouts going quite interesting, and linked well with the overall theme and queue-line itself... But what have Merlin done to lead us to believe that the same level of intricacy will continue onto the new rocks?

People are negative at Chessie quite simply because they haven't been good enough, and need to actually prove that they will improve... Problem is, we've also heard it time and time again from the same park that 'next year will be different' and 'it will improve'...

It rarely did... 2010 has been the exception to the rule this past decade... And it's embarrassing that one of the UK's top parks is in the state it's in today, with poor operations, half the place falling about and piss-poor designed new attractions (including Land of the Dragons)...

Instead of all being negative, perhaps it might be worth waiting until some official announcement is made. You all might be very surprised in whats in store.

And we might not be!

The negative comments aren't plucked out of thin air, they come from a reputation that Chessington and Merlin have very much earned in recent times. Their reputation precedes them, but if they are going to show they've turned a corner with these referbs and start delivering a bit of quality again then obviously that opinion is going to change, in the same way most have been pretty positive about Thorpe recently for doing mostly good things after a few iffy years.