Rides That Frighten The Bejesus Out Of You!

EC!

Forgot about Oblivion - was the only ride I was dreading on my first trip to AT this year - was almost in tears going up the lift hill but loved it and rode it a further 5 times.

Rides I have done which I would probably never set foot on again are Detty and Time Machine (Adventure Island)

I get quite claustrophobic, and am worried of breaking down and being trapped in for long period of time... the worst ride happens to be one of my favourite rides - Colossus.

I don't mind rides where my legs are free, but sit down (not floorless obviously), can really make me worried... once I'm up the lift hill, I'm fine.

fortunately (and touch wood), I haven't really experienced a proper breakdown, although being stuck on detonator for about 5 minutes started to get the better of me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEklVDlqwbQ

The idea of this.

The design starts with a steep-angled lift to the 510-metre (1,670 ft) top, that would take two minutes for the 24-passenger train to reach. From there, a 500-metre (1,600 ft) drop would take the train to 360 kilometres per hour (220 mph), close to its terminal velocity, before flattening out and speeding into the first of its seven slightly clothoid inversions. Each inversion would have a smaller diameter than the one before in order to inflict 10 g to passengers while the train loses speed. After a sharp right-hand turn the train would enter a straight, where unloading of bodies and loading of passengers could take place.

The Euthanasia Coaster would kill its passengers through prolonged cerebral hypoxia, or insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain. The ride's seven inversions would inflict 10 g on its passengers for 60 seconds -- causing g-force related symptoms starting with gray out through tunnel vision to black out and eventually g-LOC, g-force induced loss of consciousness. Depending on the tolerance of an individual passenger to g-forces, the first or second inversion would cause cerebral anoxia, rendering the passengers brain dead.[citation needed] Subsequent inversions would serve as insurance against unintentional survival of passengers.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna restart this...

Well...

Big One- I just scream so loud I can't talk for the rest of the day 'Dat Drop though"...

Detonator- I was first pushed on by my friend- I was like this isn't too high (when I looked at it originally) then as I was on it, I was like= oh damn- this is high enough- weren't even halfway there... And I just hate drop towers

I don't particularly like saw going up the hill- it kills my back.

And Finally I hate the restraints on Rush and Vortex- Why you may ask??

Well rush feels like you are about to fall out... and Vortex- the restraints fly down really quickly and if you are not careful, well you could have an accident...

also Slingshot (like one at blackpool pier) its throws you in the air, and you drop (like a drop tower except its on a bungee and it's repetitive)

• 2 weeks later...

The ones that got me this year was Big Shot and X-Scream on top of the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas. I'm not a huge fan of heights, and had just done the SkyJump from the tower, so thought I'd try the rides now that I'd gotten the buzz. No...just no. They are both VERY good...but I swear, I almost had a panic attack on both.

I have seen offrides for the wooden wild mouse in BPB and it terrifies me to think I might go on that this year, because never has a ride looked more unsafe then that thing. Oh well anything is better then a ferris wheel. HATE them things...

It's perfectly safe, and is designed to make the rider feel as if they are going to hurtle off the track.

It is a brilliant ride, and is my favourite wooden coaster!

It's perfectly safe, and is designed to make the rider feel as if they are going to hurtle off the track.

It is a brilliant ride, and is my favourite wooden coaster!

The only thing is I find wild mouse coaster very boring so I'd probably come feeling meh but it just looks scary.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I'm a fan of it's history today, when I was 5, I got the wrong idea of Professor Burp's Bubbleworks (thinking it was themed around an evil scientist), which meant I was one terrified lad for the whole ride, and wouldnt return to it until the ducks invaded!

Well, to be honest, I didnt mind first going on it, until I saw the Prof animatronic suddenly drop it's head to one side! (back then I REALLY wasn't a big fan of animatronics!)