...Of The Year

pluk

2013 is nearly done, stuff has happened. What were the best bits for you? Feel free to add any categories.

Album of the year

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City. I can't still get enough of it, it is beautiful and perfect. Step and Ya Hey being my highlights.

Song of the year

Daft Punk - Get Lucky. Blurred Lines and Wake Me Up both tried to take over, but Daft Punk will always be the sound of this summer for me.

Music Video of the year

Blurred Lines What's not to like? Titties :good:

Film of the year

The Worlds End, great way to finish the trilogy. Also enjoyed Oz the Great and Powerful.

TV Show of the year

The Wrong Mans. James Cordens comedy drama was a joy.

Sporting Moment of the year

Has to be Andy Murray winning Wimbledon. Would have to happen a year I don't go through, wouldn't it. :aggressive:

Personal Moment of the year

Nearly being struck by lightning excitement. That and spending the day on a skid pan while getting paid for it. :D

for me personally!

Album of the Year

Avicii with True- Its just so different to what most EDM Dj's Make and I for one love it!

Song Of the Year

Like Pluk, Get Lucky by Daft Punk- Just so may levels of Awesome!

Music Video Of the Year

Salut Ca va Tres Bien by Rustis- Who wouldn't love a music video with europa park characters set in Europa Park :P

TV Show Of the Year

Has to be Doctor Who - Managed to get the record for the most watched episode of anything in history, whats not to love, plus Clara is fit :P

Sporting Moment Of the Year

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon - closely followed by Froome winning the Tour De France.

Personal Moment Of the Year

Meeting you guys and realizing that you guys are my very best friends, you lot have made me so happy and I wouldn't want it any other way :)

Worst Moment Of the Year

Watching Sebastian Vettel win the world champion for the 4th time in a row, with 13 out of 19 races won by him and 9 consecutively, more boring then watching paint dry (I know over-used Cliche and all!):P

So yeah that's mine hope you like :D

Album of the year

Alter Bridge - Fortress. Released pretty late in the year, but can't get enough of the album. Addicted To Pain being my favourite.

Song of the year

Safe and Sound by The Capital Cities. The one song that I heard time after time on holiday, and it became the unofficial anthem. Still love it now.

Music Video of the year

Same Love by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Great song with a strong message and a well created video to accompany it :)

Film of the year

The Great Gatsby / Monsters University. Both completely different in terms of genre, but so difficult to choose between them as enjoyed them both thoroughly!

TV Show of the year

I don't really watch much tv to be honest, so I'm out on this one!

Being at Stamford Bridge when Q.P.R beat Chelsea 1-0 was a personal sporting moment! Link

Witnessing The Undertaker's entrance live at the O2 Arena in London...I've never been more excited! Link

(Oh, that and finding a wonderful woman to share my life with :P )

Album of the year

Right Thoughts Right Words Right Actions - Franz Ferdinand (Best album they've done since their original)

Song of the year

Evil Eye - Franz Ferdinand (Best song on the best album - the only song they've done that can even come close to Take Me Out)

Music Video of the year

If only I watched music vids!!!

Film of the year

Jurassic Park 3D - I didn't even get the chance to see it but its my favourite film of all time and sounds like it was even better in 3D, GUTTED to have missed it

TV Show of the year

I'm a celebrity - Brilliant series ATM

Crystal Palace getting promoted to the Prem - how could I vote for anything else!!!

The sad answer would be exam results day :s the better answer would be going to Oakwood in August and the many great memories I came away with!

What great procrastination!

Album of the year

Kodaline- 'In a Perfect World'

Song of the year

Arctic Monkeys- 'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?' or 'Do I Wanna Know?'

The album came out just before I got to uni and it reminds of the start where it looked like we had a good group going. That was until people decided to create drama and stop talking and the group disintegrated. Nothing to do with me but it kinda split in the middle and the 'other side' made it hard to cross enemy lines.

Music Video of the year

Kodaline- 'High Hopes'

Film of the year

The Great Gatsby. I'm very good at immersing myself in a film but I totally lost myself in the amazing world of the Great Gatsby.

TV Show of the year

I don't watch much TV so you can excuse my choices... Made in Chelsea or Storage Hunters. But I watched the first 6 seasons (in about 2 weeks) of Dexter and loved it! Haven't gotten around to the last two yet as they aren't on Netflix, no spoilers! And finally watched all existing seasons of Heroes. Both awesome programs.

Getting the grades (that I never thought I could) to get into my first and only choice of University to study Zoology! And rock pooling in the first week of uni and finding loads of starfish, they're so frigging cool!!

Some great music recommendations so far, it's amazing the things that pass me by. A side effect of being old I think. Loving Capital Cities, remember hearing it earlier in the year but it passed me by a bit, as did Franz Ferdinand having a new album. Great Gatsby seems to be a popular choice too, I did mean to catch that when it was out but missed it somehow, I'll add it to the xmas list!

• 2 weeks later...

Album of the year

Bastille - Bad Blood. I have been a fan of Bastille for a number of years now ever since I first heard their song Flaws on a Youtube video which I believe was posted before they were even signed to a record label. It has been great but slightly strange seeing them receive the amount of success they have had so far as a lot of my favourite singers/bands normally stay relatively unknown.

Song of the year

Daft Punk - Get Lucky. Perhaps an obvious or cliché choice but I really do think this was a perfect summer pop song.

Music Video of the year

Arcade Fire – Reflektor. I have chosen this video for its high tech interactive creativeness. If you have not seen this video before but have some spare time, the Google Chrome browser, a computer with a webcam and a smartphone/tablet I definitely recommend having a play around with it.

Film of the year

The Worlds End, although Shaun of the Dead is still the best and probably my favourite of the Cornetto Trilogy films The World’s End was definitely my favourite new film in the cinema this year!

TV Show of the year

The Walking Dead – There are so many amazing shows on TV at present, but for its consistent high quality in storytelling, character development and production quality I think The Walking Dead is probably the best I have been watching this year.

As I do not watch sports this is a difficult one, I attended the Rugby double header this autumn but even considering that I would probably choose the Gladitorial showdown that was Han vs. Fish on the Battle Beam at Thorpe Park! If only the outcome had been different. :P

Taking in our lovely rescue dog, after almost 30 years of really wanting to have a dog I am really pleased that not only has it lived up to my expectations so far but it has surpassed it! :D

• 11 months later...

2014 is nearly done, stuff has happened, so I thought I'd dust off this mildly unsuccessful topic from last year. What were the best bits for you? Feel free to add any categories.

Album of the year

Royksopp - The Inevitable End. Sadly, they've said it'll be their final album. Thankfully, it's awesome.

Song of the year

Lilly Wood and the ***** - Prayer in C. The never-ending sound of summer.

Music Video of the year

Kiesza - Hideaway. Brilliant one-take vid for a brilliant track.

Film of the year

Saving Mr Banks. Beautiful story behind the Disney Marry Poppins film, with some of the best casting ever seen.

TV Show of the year

Toast of London. The first series passed me by somehow, now I've found it I've found it is the best thing in a long time. So damn funny, Matt Berry might be my favorite person in the world.

Sporting Moment of the year

Has to be Lewis Hamilton wining the F1 title for the second time, absolutely deserved over Rosberg. Thankfully the stupid double points rule did not play a part in the decider.

It's been a really quite year for me tbh. Feel like I've achieved very little.  :(

Film of the Year

Tricky one, on one end of the spectrum there's Guardians of the Galaxy, and at the other The Imitation Game for the more serious film side of things... This has been a stand-out year for films overall...

Sporting Moment of the Year

Ruining Liverpool's title chances in 10 minutes...

That's all I'm doing for this :P

Film of the Year:

It has to be Guardians of the Galaxy for me. Soooo good! :D

TV Show of the Year:

This is a bit of an out there suggestion but it's LOST...... yeah I only started it recently and I've watched the whole thing, despite what people say about the ending it is a masterpiece of television.

Personal Moment of the Year:

Getting into university was pretty big XD I mean that sparked a lot of personal moments for me :P

Not into my music as you may be able to tell so here's something I'm more familiar with!

Game of the Year:

Tough one for me but the recent emergence of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is what has held my attention!

Film of the year has to be Guardians! Just everything about that film was brilliant! Chris Pratt was excellent as Starlord, was just ace!

TV show: Since last December when I first saw Modern Family in Florida I have been hooked by it. It's odd having watched all the series in a short space of time, they've all grown up so quickly! :P

Sporting moment: Hamilton vs Roseberg all year was a great thing to watch and Hamilton deservedly came out on top! Just a shame Roseberg couldn't have raced him to the end. Also really sad about Buttons dad in the summer but great to see Button still going strong and hopefully having a seat next to Alonso next year. Now that'll be a team!

Personal moment: Oh I've had so many this year! Passing my driving test has to be up there but gaining so many great friends and memories has been brilliant also. I'm going to have to say though getting a truly amazing best friend has been the best moment for me :)

Album of the year

I loved Hans Zimmer's stuff for the Amazing Spiderman 2. However repetitive it is, it still gets me. That and Two Steps from Hell's Skyworld. God. 
Song of the year

Final Frontier, Thomas Bergesen; 

Music Video of the year

Into the labyrinth - AMV

Film of the year

Interstellar/HTTYD2. Other then that the only movies I watched were 22 jump street and bad neighbours, which I thought were both rubbish.

TV Show of the year

Wrong mans was great, but the new series of south park is killing me!

Sporting Moment of the year

My Dad crying after London to Brighton...? Eh..

Nearly falling off the yosemite. That was hilarious, I had my mum freaking out and I said the only way to fix me was to get a hot dog and it worked for once xD (That and riding balder dash.. And valhalla... and Grand national... and Steeple chase...)

A minimalistic one from me...

Film of the year:  Don't think I've seen any 2014-released films this year...  And if I have, they clearly weren't great if I can't remember them!

TV show of the year:  Doctor Who.  Been good this year and I don't watch much TV.

Song of the year:  Tune into 'TPM's resident DJ' next week, and you might find out... ;)

Sporting moment of the year:  Being able to do proper runs again after breaking my ankle last year.  (Technically personal as well, but meh)

Personal moment of the year:  There's been a fair few!  I'll go with sorting out my future (as in, knowing quite positively what I want to do with my life); that seems quite good.  

2014 has been one hell of a life roller coaster, full of ups and downs.

Song of the year

Music Video of the year

Film of the year

Mockingjay part 1

Honourable mention- The Lego Movie

TV Show of the year

Breaking Bad (yes it's older but I first watched it this year)

first ever ride on the big one

Honourable mentions- Recording in France, that TPMchessington trip, playing at a function at a theatre

Song of the year : Chandlier by Sia. Very powerful song!

Album of the year : Beyoncé - the re released version is amazing! 7/11 is my jam!

Ride of the Year : John Bugg JNR's Altitude Booster! Such a good ride and when I had it to my self at stevenage it was flipping like mad!

Tv show of the year : orange is the new black. I spent a whole three days in my room watching it. It is such a good show. A must watch (16 and over only as its quite raunchy!)

And my favourite moment of 2014 was getting to meet my boy Sam Callahan for the first time and going on Altitude and also going on my first TPM meet and going to Adventure Island for the first time! :) cant wait for 2015!

Wow, that's brilliant! Is that the accommodation the athletes stayed in? If so, do they tell you who was in yours?

Thats right. We don't know exactly what nationality stayed in our flat but we do know the German and Turkish teams were in the opposite side of the building based on there pictures.

7625317946_a748fa1a21_z.jpg

DSC_0475.JPG

• 1 year later...

Double posting AND revitalising this topic.

Best New ride:- Arthur of the Minimoys Kingdom.

Worthy Mentions:- Seven Drawfs Mine Train. (The only other new ride was the Dodgems at Thorpe Park, cringe)

Best Movie of 2015:- Inside Out

Worthy Mentions:- Star Wars 7, Ant-man, Jurassic World

Best Album of the Year:- Communion by Years and Years

Worthy Mentions:- I don't buy many albums..

Best Song:- Shine by Years and Years

Worthy Mentions:- Hello by Adele

TV Show of the Year:-  Daredevil 

Worthy Mentions:- Cuffs, Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Best Moments

- Spending my Birthday at the Magic Kingdom

- Winning all expenses paid trip to Europa Park