2014 Season

Marc

The thing is though, you walk into the dome and straight away there is chart music again. Yes it's a good thing, but if they're going to do it I think it should be in the dome and around Vortex, Rush etc..

Does anyone know if the end of day theme has come back as well?

The thing is though, you walk into the dome and straight away there is chart music again. Yes it's a good thing, but if they're going to do it I think it should be in the dome and around Vortex, Rush etc..

Vortex / Rush area plays the lost city ambiance. As far as I know theres just Chart music on the beach and dome at the moment. One step at a time!

Pretty sure the end of the day music rolls into quiet chart music now.

One thing I have noticed is the dome music whilst being 'pop' music has been expanded; and it now has some 'classic' dance tracks like Toca's Miracle on it :wub:

It is so obviously synthesised, as with 90% of theme park music. Unless you are fancy pants and have the money to record a real orchestra, it's usually much easier for to synth it (even with the most professional composers).

I'm not so sure, the brass sounds very real. I reckon parts of it at least are real.

As somebody who uses synth instruments and plays in an orchestra very occasionally I can tell you the brass is very false on the track, in fact that and the strings are what gives it away completely. And that it doesn't actually "sound" at all like an orchestra would actually sound if playing altogether.

Definitely synthesised (but feel free to prove me wrong if somebody is in the know).

It could be all separately recorded and mixed together, that is the cheapest way of getting a giant band to be in one song.

Well yes, but that's how most music has been recorded for the last 5 decades. And that's one of the most expensive ways of doing it!

As somebody who uses synth instruments and plays in an orchestra very occasionally I can tell you the brass is very false on the track, in fact that and the strings are what gives it away completely. And that it doesn't actually "sound" at all like an orchestra would actually sound if playing altogether.

Definitely synthesised (but feel free to prove me wrong if somebody is in the know).

Well yes, but that's how most music has been recorded for the last 5 decades. And that's one of the most expensive ways of doing it!

I play in an orchestra and agree that the strings don't sound real, but I think the brass does.

I'm thinking the brass would pack way more of a punch (and sound more metallic/brassy) if those parts in the entrance suite were being played by real instruments. They seem too chirpy and clean.

It's also supposed to sound like an enormous brass section is playing on the track, which is highly unlikely that Thorpe Park would be able to afford without synths. You'd need to have a large number of players to create a similar effect with real instruments.

I thought recording separately and then dubbing them together would be cheaper than having to get everyboay together and get everybody right at the correct time which would need a lot more takes?

It would be a pretty poor orchestra if they didn't know how to play in time! No, multitrack recording in a studio is more expensive and difficult but the norm for getting the best production. Or, as Thorpe Park did (if they even wrote this music - it might just be a library track after all!), just play it with synths.

I agree that the entrance suite hardly suits Thorpe Park (overblown orchestral music never did suit a small British amusement park in Chertsey) but good on them for bringing it back - they may as well use it and brings back a few memories.

I guess it belongs here but looks like Thorpe did rather well last year for attendance figures. They had a rise of 11.1% bringing their numbers to 2 million. Alton didn't do so well despite the smiler they only rose by 4.2%.

Pinch of salt on those figures. Real massive pinch of salt.