2014 Season

Marc

Being let in early isnt that beneficial. All of the crash pad guests are already in there and the normal people get let in about 5 minutes after.

It's 15 minutes earlier. Everyone is let in at 9:30 and annual pass holders are at 9:15. I find it quite beneficial as there isn't many crash pad guests. Can get a few rides done at least.

Often they let the annual pass people in later than expected. Its meant to be 9:15 at weekends but rarely is. Weekends and holidays are when they open at 9:30, 10 is the rest of the time with a few exceptions of when they know it will be busy like school strikes and things like that.

I'm pretty sure its meant to "officially" open at 10 all season according to their website just more often than not they will open at 9:30. Annual pass holders are unofficially let in 15 mins early sometimes but dont think this is an official perk.

Yep, the ERT thing isn't official, and is just a trial. They haven't officially said anything so that it doesn't bind them into opening early every day.

The Triathlon is something which I believe is becoming a regular thing; one happened last year and another two are to happen this year. Info - http://www.thetriproject.co.uk/casestudies/view/thorpe-park-triathlon-2013

Starting at 7am gives plenty of time for it to finish by a 10am opening, but, as with any event like this, you can't always be sure. It also gives Thorpe some great publicity for really not doing anything!