2014 Season

Marc

They have 10 minutes worth of that old entrance music, yet the same piece is repeated 3 times in those 5 minutes? Strange choice...

Just play the whole song, cos it's fab <3

I would imagine it is played as shown in the video as it is exactly the same in this video...

Thats a shame as I was looking forward to hearing the whole track. Oh well still better than chart music :)

I like the fact they've kept the captions in a plain and simple font, and they haven't tried to make it 'gimmicky' in any way; they've just shown what the park has to offer. Looking forward to seeing this when I go next week!

I don't really like the font in the video.

Thorpe do have some pretty decent ride logos, so why not show them off in the video? Would create a more complete feel and show how the major coasters have quite separate identities even further!

If they had done in the right way, using the logos could've looked pretty good, but I think that it could look a bit naff had it not been done right, they've taken the safer option, which I think has worked better in this case, plus it 'matches' the map and signs around the park, thus keeping a constant 'theme' albeit a basic, corporate one. Although it'd be nice to see a developed version of this video next season maybe- or even for Fright Nights.

The thing with the font is, it's nice. But so generic! The Disney font for example is well known and easily recognised. Whilst nice, these simple blocks won't create a large enough identity. It gives a very same feel, that everything at Thorpe is the same style which isn't the case. Why not use the Fright Nights logo? That has the biggest impression of them all as it gives a sense of what it is through colour and style. It's difficult, because if you start throwing a load of ride logos into one video which uses the same typography throughout it could be quite messy. While it works in this video they have to be careful not to overdo it and end up more corporate (the Summer Nights banner on the roundabout outside the park looked nice though).

I like the fact that all the shots used are real of the rides (minus ABL). Only real complaint, the Shark Hotel section really doesn't fit in at all. The music change is too much and we go from live action shots to stills. Not a fan. Other than that, nice bit of promotional image which sells the park.

I'd like to know why they haven't just made a long version of the track used in the first 20 seconds of the video. As that is the music used in the advert and what I've essentially associated with "An Island Like no Other." I really hope they haven't just brought back the use of the entrance music to shut enthusiasts up, as the new parts (first and last part plus a section before Fright Nights) is fresh, new and doesn't bring back memories of when Thorpe was in decline. I know we all love the entrance music, but I'd much rather a whole new track which they seem to have made for this new tag line and use that with the new branding.

What track is the music between 3.30 and 3.52 from? Or is it new music? I have never heard it before.

I love the video, only criticism would be the music being crossfaded together making it inconsistent.

It's in the new 'Island like no other' advert, but part of it is a remix I believe.

I really hope they haven't just brought back the use of the entrance music to shut enthusiasts up...

Do you really think Thorpe Park would change music just because of some kids on internet forums? They probably added the music because they felt it would improve the experience of the park.

I think quite often parks should be more receptive of enthusiasts, if only because we can often more readily see the flaws/issues with the parks in question... Like when restaurants read critic reviews and stuff...

Europa pay attention to their official fansite, and sell their merch on park for example... Dunno if they have much negativity though...

Do you really think Thorpe Park would change music just because of some kids on internet forums? They probably added the music because they felt it would improve the experience of the park.

Yes.

Thorpe read these forums y'know, and I expect that they respect member's opinions (especially if they give reasons for them rather than 'Lolz. Forp Perk is rubbish cos it is!1'). There's members on here who are well-travelled, and have seen some of the best and worse theme parks around. There's some who have worked at the Merlin parks before. So I have no doubt that Thorpe will listen to some of the views on here, and could even trickle down into being implemented...

And with music in particular, Thorpe's Marketing Director even said over Twitter that the park were 'Looking into the entrance music', and took the time to listen - and respond! - to tweets from enthusiasts about their views on the entrance music, which included the bringing back of the original.

Of course Thorpe would have felt it was time to get rid of the chart music. But I do think that the views on here are at the very least listened to, and could well make a difference.

Yes.

Thorpe read these forums y'know, and I expect that they respect member's opinions (especially if they give reasons for them rather than 'Lolz. Forp Perk is rubbish cos it is!1'). There's members on here who are well-travelled, and have seen some of the best and worse theme parks around. There's some who have worked at the Merlin parks before. So I have no doubt that Thorpe will listen to some of the views on here, and could even trickle down into being implemented...

And with music in particular, Thorpe's Marketing Director even said over Twitter that the park were 'Looking into the entrance music', and took the time to listen - and respond! - to tweets from enthusiasts about their views on the entrance music, which included the bringing back of the original.

Of course Thorpe would have felt it was time to get rid of the chart music. But I do think that the views on here are at the very least listened to, and could well make a difference.

Preach