2014 Season

Marc

Open times have been updated on http://www.thorpepark.com/plan-your-visit/opening-times.aspx

March 14th, 15th and 16th are now Preview days as are the 8th, 9th and 10th of October.

The season has also been extended a week now ending on the 9th of November.

Is this the first season that there are no 10-5pm closes on weekends at all?

I still don't quite get the positioning of the Fright Nights preview nights/days. Really would expect them to be on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd before the first weekend. Otherwise, it's not a very good preview :P Wouldn't be surprised with the way they added "Preview Days" and have now removed them that they aren't actually finalised yet.

I can't help noticing the 3 days in question are actually showing as the park being closed ? Maybe it's just my eyes not focusing the right colour? I don't know.

As for June opening till 6 the entire month, maybe something to do with angry birds world, I know it's supposedly opening in May but for all we know it could be May 31st...? Maybe I'm looking in to things too much :o

Maybe, just maybe I'm being too, I'm using the word maybe too much...

Hi all

There were a few mistakes on the opening times which should now have been fixed - sorry for any confusion!

The preview dates have been removed from the calendar - not because they aren't happening but because these are special invitation only events, not open to the general public.

The Park is not closing in October at all, these dates will be normal 10 - 5 operating dates, and Fright Nights will be kicking off to the general public on the 11th October.

June will be open 10 - 5pm Monday - Thursday, and 10 - 6pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

And of course Summer Nights will be making a return on Friday and Saturday nights from the 11th July - 30th August, although this will not feature on the opening times as it is a special event.

What on earth does this mean?! The standard ticket for this is £15, unless it is an evening event, which it is, so it is £5. Huh?

Maybe there are some kind of extra events during Summer Nights going on you can pay for or something? Isn't a fiver the price of the mazes during Fright Nights? Could be some confusion with that or something new in Summer Nights they haven't mentioned yet :P Or it could just be another Thorpe mistake XD Either way Premium Pass this year means I shouldn't have to worry about prices :D

Pretty certain Premium passholders have to pay as well; I could be mistaken though!

The price structure for Summer Nights seems a bit confused I must say. Maybe there's some extra things (maybe a performance in the arena?) or something similar whereby they're adding on an extra price? Could easily be a mistake though...

In fairness on the compare passes page for the Merlin pass site it says.....

THORPE PARK

An event booking fee will apply to Fright Nights and other special events at THORPE PARK regardless of the time of entry or departure;

But only regarding standard passes, the text doesn't appear for premium passes. It's on the side tab bit saying 'Your Quote Summary' here: http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/compare-passes.aspx

So I would assume that Premium holders shouldn't have to pay, though it is only a fiver if I am wrong and I would be fine paying that XD I just like cutting corners ;)