Thorpe Shark Hotel

Mitchada04

I really like the idea, but I feel that it could have been executed so much better without a huge stretch on the budget. For example, a generic themed path and fence going through a shark? Surely the one in the concept art would have been better?

Also, the concept art promised that we would have a cross between Stealth and Formula Rossa behind it ;)

(Yes I am joking).

• 2 weeks later...

I've made it no secret that I've liked the Shark from Day 1.  However, I do see people's concerns / dislikes about it.  

Personally, I thought it looked a bit more vibrant and colourful than the photos show.  It doesn't really look like junk in person, more like a collage of metal.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that the inside received no "scrap pieces", showing all the metal framework.  It looks a bit dodgy and untidy really; would much rather have seen it given more piece on the inside for a more complete feel.  It still looks great from a distance, but close up, perhaps not so much.

• 1 month later...

Just got sent the pre-arrival email from THORPE. Has the 1hr of fastrack always been like that?:

"In the morning, Hotel guests and Annual Pass holders will be given First to Ride access to the Theme Park approximately 15 minutes before opening time. You will then have Fastrack access to all available rides from the time the gates are opened to the general public for one hour!"

Depth Charge and *something* in Lost City is now open til 9pm during August for Hotel Guests. I've heard it's Zodiac, but then I saw Rush running late, so not sure what's on offer.

They did this last year with Vortex, but it was for everyone not just hotel guests. Shame it's only hotel guests now. Hopefully it's Rush or Vortex :D

• 1 month later...