Chessington Fire 21/12/13

Marc

All roads around Chessington have now been re-opened and the London Fire Brigade have said that the park was not open to the public at the time and no one is believed to be injured (Information from UK Theme Parks - Theme UK Facebook page).

Well it's a relief that no-one was injured. So that's another bad PR thing for Chessington now, we can only hope that they have a much better 2014 season for PR

The usually reliable scaretour seem to think it is Hocus Pocus, but no one else does so I'll presume they are wrong.

London Fire Brigade said about 40 firefighters were at the scene, where the fire had affected a cafe and part of an attraction and covered an area of 2,500 square metres (27,000 sq ft).

(BBC) That's a big area, so Creaky/Bubbles sounds right.

Also, they would not have 'evacuated all the animals', whichever little fanboy site that is is plainly just making stuff up.

The usually reliable scaretour seem to think it is Hocus Pocus, but no one else does so I'll presume they are wrong.

(BBC) That's a big area, so Creaky/Bubbles sounds right.

Also, they would not have 'evacuated all the animals', whichever little fanboy site that is is plainly just making stuff up.

The fire in #Chessington is near the zoo in the theme park, so all animals have been evacuated to a safe place. No animal injuries reported.

I can just sea the Lions making there way across to ZUFARI!

Oh, sorry. Is it your site he's referring to? I didn't mean to sound so dismissive. Maybe I'm just being pedantic but that tweet from the fire brigade is utter balls though, 'all animals' have clearly not been 'evacuated'. The sealines and at a push maybe the big cats will have been moved a very small distance.

Was literally just about to post that!

I wonder if the fire was caused by any of the Christmas lights in Santa's grotto. Would be somewhat concerning if it was. Thank goodness it happened when the park wasn't open and no person or animal is hurt, or worse.

If there was one thing Chessington needed to finish off 2013, this is the complete opposite.

Concerned as to what they would be describing as a 'row of shops'. Hopefully they just mean the facade of the side of bubbles and the cafe, if they do mean the actual shop then the fire has spread all the way along the front to bubble and vamp exit. Am I right in thinking the 'plant room' would mean the area behind the little buggy park/bat cave? Would make sense as it that is roughly between cafe and bubble building. Either way, if the plant room has gone up and the ride itself as damaged I think it is safe to say we have next years SBNO attraction lined up!

As for the mention of the heaters, here they are

DSC00357.jpg

(themeUK)

And the decorations...

zookitchen.jpg

(BBJ)

They don't seem excessive, dense, or likely to crowd the heaters, but I suppose any one thing actually touching the front of them could easily start smoldering and build into this.

Plant room would be bubbleworks plantroom - that's located just behind the fountain finale (think left to the "pop in again soon" fireworks bit just before station).

All water treatment areas are called plant rooms. So that'd mean a good 50% of bubbles damaged if it got there as a fair bit of the ride (fairground, lift, potentially station) is surrounded by plant room.

Edit: Reading the article, sounds like it did get to fangtasia shop.

Edit again: On a lighter note.. Karma for doing a half arsed creaky cafe retheme? They never bothered touching the inside and left it with park benches ;).

Wonder what this means for the rest of xmas event, seeing as the grotto is no more.