When do you think rides will go?

FrightNights04

I really really wish people would stop arse-licking Colossus this year.

Having ridden it myself with several people, and having been on it with a large group of non-enthusiasts the general report of it is that it is still uncomfortable. I rode it last weekend, and I'd go as far as saying it was the roughest I've ever experienced it.

That aside though, it is easily going to be the first coaster to leave as it currently stands. Like I said, the amount of crack detection paint is concerning; you can see points along the inlines where the track is wearing thinner with wear and tear and flattening off; and the whole thing has been left to fall into an unappealing state!

Sorry, it really riles me up. Because no park, and no coaster, should be in the state Colossus is in.

I agree all the times I've been on it this year its been rough and I'm 6ft 2 so obviously there's less leg room anyways but it is extremely painful and cramped, particularly trying to climb over the restraints even when they're fully up is still hard

I'm 5ft 7 and without meaning to brag or anything, I'm just shy of 9 stone, and I struggle climbing across the back row of each car.

Also, at 5ft 7 my head sits perfectly in the chunkiest bit of the bar; so Colossus to me is constant head banging except for the inlines - and they just kill my thighs. Although the other day I jolted really badly coming out of the loop which hurt like hell.

I'm 6'5' and I still manage to squeez myself into the cars on Colossus... It kills me and I it crushes my balls but I love the ride... They need to get new bigger trains with more leg from and bigger lap bars. I'm not just saying it because of my height, my friends and family who are average size or even 5'6 find it hard to get on Colossus.. Need new trains BIGGER

I really really wish people would stop arse-licking Colossus this year.

Having ridden it myself with several people, and having been on it with a large group of non-enthusiasts the general report of it is that it is still uncomfortable. I rode it last weekend, and I'd go as far as saying it was the roughest I've ever experienced it.

That's nice.

Looks like it's just you though.

Clearly it isn't... go stand at the exit for ten minutes and then tell me how many people of the general public come off without either claiming or showing distinctive signs of being in pain ;)

Worked on it for a year, very few people showed any such signs :)

To be honest I too agree that this years rides have been the roughest I've experienced.

I never understood why people moaned when they went on it until I went on it with the JW group back in late march.

I came off not wanting to ride it again that day, I couldn't walk straight for 20 paces and I had to keep shaking my head because I felt stunned.

I always went on with people who are taller then me (cos I'm a midget 5'1) and they have come off saying it hurts their heads, but I didn't get it. This year was the first time my head was thrown about on the ride.

Colossus has definitely been running smoother recently compared to 06-11 where I found the ride to be pretty rough unless I sat at the front (something I did often in those days).

Saw whilst tougher than it was in its opening year (a somewhat typical best of Merlin Gerst coasters) isn't too rough either. Whilst 'the jolt' is still there and some cars are slightly smoother than others, I don't find the ride too bad and nay even argue that this ride is also a tad smoother than it was.

Tbh unless something terrible or major happens (which I certainly hope doesn't), I strongly doubt we'll see any of the coasters removed from the park (including the fish) for at least 15 years.

In terns of flats though, I would say we'll be seeing some leave much sooner unless their reliabilities and workings improve in the near future and could predict the following removal dates.

Slammer 2015-2018

Samurai 2016-2019

Vortex 2020-2021

Zodiac 2022

These are just open guesses.

• 2 months later...

I dont think any rides will go in the foreseeable future-unless there is some major casualty on one of them. :o

They can imrove the rides drastically though. I agree that Colossus needs smoothening up and needs a repaint and/or retheme. If they were to repaint the tracks though, would they still be that light green, I think orange would be pretty cool. Rush's sound put me off going on it until last Saturday (yes, I know) so maybe they could quieten it down idk. People were talking about a SAW retheme, but I think it is relly cool being based around a horror movie I haven't even seen. Plus, as long as TP have a partnerhip with Lionsgate, they would not retheme it. I would like to see Samaurai and Slammer have a retheme, as neither of them have a particular theme of Canada Creak/Lost city.

Also, some of you were saying about the family rides going. I don't think that would happen now as they are now targeting families. So, no I dont think any rides are going quite yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Rush's sound put me off going on it until last Saturday (yes, I know) so maybe they could quieten it down idk.

The sound of Rush's hydraulics is one of the most glorious sounds ever and is abosolutely nothing to worry about! That's the same as saying the sound of a car ascending Colossus' lift hill has put you off of going on that in the sense that it's just a part of the ride working :P and I doubt that it can be helped anyway!

The sound of Rush's hydraulics is one of the most glorious sounds ever and is abosolutely nothing to worry about! That's the same as saying the sound of a car ascending Colossus' lift hill has put you off of going on that in the sense that it's just a part of the ride working :P and I doubt that it can be helped anyway!

Hmm I smell major fangirling XD Besides I seriously hope the next ride to go is.... STORMSURGE....talking about sounds how about the faint roar of Inferno gradually disappearing in the tunnel and the Colossus anti rollback.

• 2 years later...

Quantam-2020

Vortex-2022

Zodiac-2019

Rush-2030

Colossus-2031

X-2022

Tidal Wave-2040

Flying Fish-2023

Depth Charge-2024

Storm Surge-2040

Stealth-2055