Tayto Park

EC!

• 1 month later...

So, having visited Tayto Park today, a few remarks:

Currently, there isn't much around, but plenty of room for expansion, with plans afoot.

Very busy today, which can only be considered a good thing.

Factory Tour was disappointing unfortunately.

Cu Chulainn, is fantastic, with only one real flaw in the overbanked turn being a bit iffy. However the layout is rather relentless, coupled with the Timberliners making it an airtime machine from start to finish. The first drop is unbelievably good in the back row to boot.

Who've thought Ireland would produce one of the best coasters the British Isles have seen in years?

Hopefully the bright future will go full force, because there is tonnes of potential awaiting this park once they find their feet.

• 3 months later...

So I returned yesterday from visiting a friend studying in Dublin, and I dragged her to Tayto.

My day was fairly shocking for many reasons but I can't comment on it fully until I give them a chance to redeem themselves by responding to my complaints appropriately

So I'll just skip the whole park and talk about the credit:

Really enjoyable.  If you're looking for an airtime machine or something relentless then you will be disappointed.  It's got a fair bit of airtime (especially on the back; you get a lot of air coming off the lift hill  :wub: ).  The overbanked turn, which they define as an 'inversion' on their website, is very forced.  It does not require the banking and although there's a little hang time it feels unnecessary and weird; clearly put there just for the Europe's first inverting wooden coaster (?) title.  Wodan was the last woodie I rode and I have it in my head that they are all relentless from start to finish ripping round the track; this was a little like that to begin with but has moments of calm and slow on top of hills towards the end which isn't necessarily bad, just a comparison point.

Basically it was fun, and talking to a barman in a local pub it was what the park really needed

Should you make the trip across the pond just to ride it?

Unless you're a credit whoring idiot, no.  I do recommend visiting Dublin, I had a wonderful weekend, but do not go across the Irish sea just to go to this park.  B)

So I returned yesterday from visiting a friend studying in Dublin, and I dragged her to Tayto.

My day was fairly shocking for many reasons but I can't comment on it fully until I give them a chance to redeem themselves by responding to my complaints appropriately

So I'll just skip the whole park and talk about the credit:

Really enjoyable.  If you're looking for an airtime machine or something relentless then you will be disappointed.  It's got a fair bit of airtime (especially on the back; you get a lot of air coming off the lift hill  :wub: ).  The overbanked turn, which they define as an 'inversion' on their website, is very forced.  It does not require the banking and although there's a little hang time it feels unnecessary and weird; clearly put there just for the Europe's first inverting wooden coaster (?) title.  Wodan was the last woodie I rode and I have it in my head that they are all relentless from start to finish ripping round the track; this was a little like that to begin with but has moments of calm and slow on top of hills towards the end which isn't necessarily bad, just a comparison point.

Basically it was fun, and talking to a barman in a local pub it was what the park really needed

Should you make the trip across the pond just to ride it?

Unless you're a credit whoring idiot, no.  I do recommend visiting Dublin, I had a wonderful weekend, but do not go across the Irish sea just to go to this park.  B)

please do explain the reasoning about the poor day, with the information the park reply with if they do reply... just seems such a shame you would say the coaster or park isn't worth the trip by itself so would be interesting to know in more detail why and be able to judge for myself as I'd still like to go, but everyones opinions help.

I too wish to hear about the negative side of the story, it makes a change from the usual Merlin stuff...

I pretty much agree with your view of the coaster though, the overbanked turn is rather strange and slightly juddery, but it's certainly just as relentless as Wodan can be when it's on form...

Timberliner trains are lush <3

• 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Seems Tayto Park is doing well and is opening a €6 viking themed water ride

With budgets like that, is no surprise they're doing well ;)

But it's great to see the park doing well.  17.5 million euros could easily get the park pretty much any type of coaster they wanted really..

11 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

With budgets like that, is no surprise they're doing well ;)

But it's great to see the park doing well.  17.5 million euros could easily get the park pretty much any type of coaster they wanted really..

Haha, just realised what I'd typed. Oopsie :blush:

Looking forward to watching this park and hopefully getting out there in the next year or two.

• 8 months later...

Wow this topic died...

Log Flume is progressing well (like, really good looking themeing), but the big news is the announcement of a hotel... Perhaps they'll expand public transport links further to Dublin as a result because I don't see it being for two days at the park, but it's a positive investment none the less...

No pics from me, but go Google it you lazy lot...

One could argue you're the lazy one, for not putting the effort in and posting pictures... ;)

9gtkhif.jpg

pT0OJkr.jpg

y7xMReE.jpg

Older photos:

Viking-Voyage.png

18ma6c.jpg

Disgustingly well themed.  

Also, hotel plan...

image.jpg

I also believe that the next major coaster is coming on 2019.  No idea what mind.

The theming level on that water ride looks immense!

The quality is close, if not at the level of many major European park. Hopefully the hotel will be successful, just as well themed and bring more attractions along with it. Another major coaster would also hugely benefit this park.

Tayto is definitely one of those up and coming park's to look out for, much like Energylandia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yet to go here myself, but with it's fairly decent looking woodie and a new €14m steel dueling coaster in 2021, it's certainly somewhere I'd be interested in trying in a few years.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/two-rollercoasters-in-one-tayto-park-to-lodge-planning-for-new-14m-steel-attraction-37578690.html 

Going to be same height as Cu Chulainn (32m) and around 400m longer, with a throughput of around 1200pph.

Well this is what no one expected...

FB_IMG_1544212706416.jpg

rollercoaster-jpg.4202

Dt2dcHFXcAAygHC.jpg

Not even a duelling coaster investment, but a new Vekoma Suspended Thrill Coaster and Junior Boomerang. The STC features an inversion, and should be the first to open in Europe (an STC is rumoured to open somewhere in the world in 2020).

The STC looks fun, and combined with the potential interaction of the Boomerang, it'll be fab to ride imo.