Angry Birds Land

Marc

I thought the houses were just being painted vivid primary and secondary colours so they sort've went I guess and they corresponded with Angry Birds as it's the colours of the pigs and the birds etc. But a pink polka dot building has absolutely nothing to do with Angry Birds as far as I am aware- it just looks like Thorpe got a bit carried away when they were buying paint tbh. Also, if there's only going to be ONE pink polka dot building, it's going to look odd compared to the deeper colours, but if they paint anymore buildings in that way I think it's just going to look somewhat tacky so Thorpe have just gone and dug a hole for themselves regarding apparent theming IMO.

I think the main issue with this is Thorpe clearly have realised that the thrillseeker/teen market thing just didn't work and by having a more family orientated park will increase visitor numbers better. The problem is that bring a family themed area in won't be enough. My youngest range from 7 to 2 and there is only a handful of rides they can go on as it is so another 2 are not going to make much difference. I feel they would need to possibly add further attractions in future, preferably in Ranger County and Canada Creek as they are pretty bare. It's a shame really as the Thorpe of old had loads of child friendly rides and less of the random theming. Saying that I remember going to Thorpe when I was still at Primary school, Flying Fish had only just opened and the walks between lands were bare open spaces! Flying Fish was so much better back then though.

I think the unlimited refills is in conjunction with Coca Cola / Coca Cola Company, as they seem to have a good working relationship with Merlin. I'd think it unlikely that Dr Pepper will be added to the Quencher I'm afraid!

Dr Pepper is a drink made by the Coca Cola company so there's no reason it shouldn't be included on those grounds. Why anyone would want to drink that mouthwash is another matter!

What we've seen so far looks pretty awful, but in my mind the Calypso Quay area has always struggled to make those very humdrum buildings fit into the surroundings - no matter how you dress it up the style of buildings belongs to 'Central Park' and nothing else. That said, I'm really hoping to see some decent work done on the facades - 3d models and the like, otherwise this really is going to be the laziest paint job retirement ever!

Judging by the size of them I doubt they would put them at the entrance to ABL, more likely stick a pig on the top of Detonator and a couple on the top of Angry Birds 4D. Whatever is left will probably be slung here and there randomly as they do at Thorpe. Hopefully more than enough to brighten it all up.

Now THAT'S a reaction!:

"Oh, the BUILDINGS look AWFUL! I mean, LOOK AT THE COLOURS AND THE POLKA DOTS! Oh, it's so UGLY... etc."

(Angry Birds figurines turn up)

"OMG THE FIGURINES! THEY...LOOK...SO...AWESOME!!! OMG THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN CBEEBIES LAND... etc. etc. etc."

;)

I don't see anyone reacting like that...

I predicted that the theming would amount to plastic figures though, unsurprised to be proven right...

BlbaFxzCcAA4KV_.jpg

From Marketing Director's Twitter.

So the models will be displayed on the beach for Easter weekend. I still fully expect that either these will be used within the area, or there will be 3D objects that will. No doubt they just want to push the area as much as possible so people want to come back.

A few plastic figurines don't cut it for me, but I will reserve judgement until the area is open.

You're actually giving me diabetes with your recent posts, are actually expecting the entire area's theming to arrive over night? The few plastic figurines are extremely likely to be the first of many to come, as well as numerous other thematics to cover the area.

You're actually giving me diabetes with your recent posts, are actually expecting the entire area's theming to arrive over night? The few plastic figurines are extremely likely to be the first of many to come, as well as numerous other thematics to cover the area.

That's why I said that I will reserve judgement until the area is open... :rolleyes::lol:

You actually contradicted yourself in your post by saying it looks crap but you will reserve your judgement as it's not finished.

If you are reserving any judgement, don't make a statement that 'a few figurines don't cut it' - because:

A - The area hasn't even begun construction yet, all that's happened is the buildings have been painted.

B - A tiny fraction of the area's thematics has arrived.