Adventure Island TPM Meet 16/02/14 (Half Price Tickets)

AJ

Good Afternoon all of you wonderful people! I'm very excited to officially announce plans for our meet at Adventure Island! Adventure Island have also been so kind to give us half price tickets for the blue bands (the band to ride everything) at £12.50 each. May I at this point say my big thanks to the park on this. The choice of the meet date as usual will be voted by YOU :D. Votes will close middle of this week so I can inform the park the day of our attendance to take advantage of their generosity. Please bear in mind whilst voting that if you take trains on Sunday 23rd the trains are going to be hell. Hence the provisional date for this meet is Sunday 16th February 2014.

The Outline of the day will be as follows:

Meet by the Rage's Vertical lift hill within the park (free entry to enter) between 11:00 and 11:30 am which is located on the western side of the park. As soon as it is 11:30 we will be getting the discounted wristbands. If you are not there on time you will miss out on this offer as we have to get them in 1 transaction. If by any chance you happen to miss this meet point due to travel arrangements or just plain lateness you can phone or text so we can arrange to meet you in park. However you will not get the discounted wristband. This first part of the morning we will make the most of the quiet park and churn out those rides. We will then continue visiting the attractions and we will try our best to get on all the attractions people wish to ride, which will be arranged before the meet. One thing that has been annoying in the past is the decision making on where to go next and then the group changing their minds if a queue is above a certain level. This just ends us up in the past riding less as we spend a lot of the time deciding where to go. I know not everyone will want to do some of the rides at Adventure Island, but at the end of the day meet ups are more than just the rides. If you decide to not come on please be polite and wait for everyone to come off and chat to other members whilst you are waiting. Or go off and do another attraction as long as you’ll be back after the group has finished riding the attraction. If you are going I will be talking to you beforehand to see what attractions you are most keen to do so I can make sure I can arrange the day so that everyone gets a chance to ride what they wish to ride. Please respect other people’s wishes who wish to ride certain things that you yourself may not be too keen with. During the day,around half 1, we will stop for a bite to eat where you can go and eat where you like and we will arrange where to meet after everyone has finished eating. (Who knows we might all want to eat the same thing anyway ) After lunch we will group together for the Official Group Photo for the meet and continue going round the park and riding the attractions people want to do until the park closes.

I will be handing out my phone number for everyone who is attending the meet that day, should there be any problems. We aim to stay together as a group for the day, going from one activity to the next, enjoying getting to know people you share very similar interests with, the idea is to just go with the flow and enjoy the day with some awesome people. There will be many photo’s in the day being taken I’m sure and the possibility of a few video clips. Whilst we cannot force you to stay with the group, it is the general purpose of these meets! You will have my number (and some of the senior teams) if you become split so by all means use it. The meets are a fantastic laugh and everyone is invited, even if you’ve never posted before or been to any kind of meet at all. If it's your first meet, I understand it can be nerve breaking - but we were all there at one point so know how it feels, please don't let this stop you from attending. Look at previous trip reports to give yourself a taster - Once there you'll be part of the group in no time!

Once again, everyone will have my phone number so please use it on the day If anyone has any issues or concerns or even nervous about coming, feel free to post here, or PM myself and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you feel like my response is taking too long another member of the team will be more than happy to help. We will all try and help you out as much as we can.

Please PM me or post here to say if you’re attending. If you are bringing a mate along with you, please also include who they
are so they are not just known as ‘Thing 1/ 2 etc.’ The events with TPM have been fantastic the year and this one will be no different. Names will be added to the list once the date for the trip has been confirmed.

Attending (15)

Coastercameron98

DaddysLittlePrincess

Dan9

Iannem

James & Co

Luke_A

Marc

Myk

Mr. Fish

Peaj (With Saskerina & The New Thing 1)

Smidget

TopsyTurvy15

TNJonny

TP1214

Edited by Peaj
Showing Attendees

Would just like to say thanks to TPM and AI for getting this organised. It's great to see things like this and I'm sure it'll be a great day. :D

Unfortunately, I can't makd it due to the usual uni reason. Shame, as it would be a great offer for a first-timer, and lovely to meet up with people somewhere other than Thorpe.

Till March it is...

I'd be up for this, considering it isn't too far from me, just across the Dartford Crossing and then over to South End, I'll obviously have to look at money, but I don't see it being too much of an issue, considering the cost of the tickets. Can't wait! Haven't been to south end for a while... although don't really want to walk down the pier :P

never been before, or even on a meet for that matter - I work every weekend, but pretty sure I could get sunday 23rd off work if it was then (the other 2 dates are fully booked off at work). so once the date is decided I may consider going (somewhere I've never been probably outweighs the 3 and a half hour drive from bristol), and try and get the day off work if so.

I'll vote 23rd, just in case it is then, and I'll try and get it off work to go.

Adventure Island is a nice little park - I thought I would hate it as they seem to have a lot of spinny rides but was fine on them - and anyone that has a strong stomach should check out Time Machine! :lol: £12.50 is an excellent offer - that is what I paid when I went on the last day of the season last year and it was excellent value for money - nice that they have done a deal for TPMers :good:

Out of the days chosen, it had to be the one I couldn't do.

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend this trip as I'm working all day then unless something miraculous happens.

I was looking forward to going here again after five years, but certainly obviously wasn't to be.

Whoever's going, have a good time!

A Good suggestion came to me the other day that for those willing - we should go and play some Adventure Golf on the day which is on site. I'm all for it and will be a good thing to do after lunch to let our food settle sue to the spinny churning rides Adventure Island have. It can also be our competition for the day for the potential prize. Plus queues never really develop at adventure island so we have plenty of time for it. Hope others agree :)