Thorpe Park Opening Trip 2014

AJ

Everyone who was at the Guildford meet when I said it'll be on the 29th - it was because no votes had been made for a couple of days and as the 29th was ahead I assumed that would be the date and was going to close the voting today.

However before I got round to closing there has been an influx of more votes and as you can see the 22nd has now jumped ahead. Votes will stay open until no activity on the poll has happened in 48 hours or the poll has been open for 2 weeks since the topic started - whatever comes first.

Please accept my apologies for the assumed guess on the Guildford meet for those who were there but let the voting continue! This is a lesson for me to not assume!

I won't be able to come as I be working both of them days , but I should see you all around and if you guys do anything after I try come along to that.

Then why did you vote for 29th?

Such a shame a certain few attention seekers are persuading people who aren't even going to the meet to vote for the day that they prefer, ruins the whole thing then.

I think you should reword that Ricky. People might vote for the day they prefer, it fall on a different day and because of that they can't attend. Therefore they are no longer able to attend, but that doesn't mean their vote gets discounted.

I think you should say that people should only vote if they have the intention of actually coming/think they may be able to make the meet, rather than they ARE coming to the meet. For example I have voted for the 29th as it is after my deadlines and I can't make the 22nd. If something between now and then means I can't go (or the meet ends up on the 22nd), my vote shouldn't be discounted as I'm not voting just to troll, but because I actually have a day I prefer.

That said, I agree with what you are saying :P If people can't make a meet on ANY of the suggested dates, don't bother voting.

Such a shame a certain few attention seekers are persuading people who aren't even going to the meet to vote for the day that they prefer, ruins the whole thing then.

I voted because I wanted to Vote for the 29th , reason for this is because it will give me more time to try and get a shift swap for it. But as it's a big deal that I voted the 29th not even going bother try come now. :o

You see, this:

I voted because I wanted to Vote for the 29th , reason for this is because it will give me more time to try and get a shift swap for it. But as it's a big deal that I voted the 29th not even going bother try come now. :o

Contradicts this:

I won't be able to come as I be working both of them days , but I should see you all around and if you guys do anything after I try come along to that.

Maybe if you'd said that at first, it would make sense as to why you voted for one of the days..

Personally, for every meet, I always post in the topic if I can go / might be able to / can't go and say why, along with voting if applicable. I think it shows continued interests in the meets, and sees how likely I can go to chosen dates / what my preferred out of multiple dates is. Tbh, I think it'd be nice if everyone could do that - no one would see it as spammy or anything I guess. Of course, you can't force people to do that, but I think it'd be nice.

It would be a shame if some people are coercing others into voting for a particular date; it would feel almost petty... Maybe my suggestion of having two meets (a 'main' one and a 'mini' one) should have been a serious one...

Likely to be only just back from France on 29th (literally by a few hours).

Plus opening day meet should be nearer the start of the season not the first weekend of Easter holidays!

Well this would have been helpful to know before I voted! :P

Looks like it's going to be on the 22nd anyway, so I'm a likely no.

Totally agree. Especially when they openly put messages such as, "Vote for the 29th!" in Skype that internet calling/instant messaging program ;) Subtle as Mr Fish's farts. And Ryan knows just how unsubtle they are!

This reminds me of when people were persuaded to vote for the 21st for the London meet as it was the day after a particular member's birthday...and when they begged people to vote for them in the awards :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's just hope that there's no more faff with this vote and that in the future, people vote for the days THEY can attend, and not influenced by others :)

Totally agree. Especially when they openly put messages such as, "Vote for the 29th!" in Skype that internet calling/instant messaging program ;) Subtle as Mr Fish's farts. And Ryan knows just how unsubtle they are!

This reminds me of when people were persuaded to vote for the 21st for the London meet as it was the day after a particular member's birthday...and when they begged people to vote for them in the awards :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's just hope that there's no more faff with this vote and that in the future, people vote for the days THEY can attend, and not influenced by others :)

I would like to point out skype has nothing to do with TPM , it was a public vote so what's the big deal , if people voted the 29th and know they might not be able to go that for them to do that , stop crying over a stupid vote on a fourm and grow up :D

I think the point has been made, it's best to just vote for what you want and not influence others as that just defies the whole point of the vote in the first place. This conversation ends now before it gets nasty.

Carry on discussing the meet, but any furter concers over the votes please address via pm to the team. Thanks.