Need ideas/suggestions - DLP/AT

Han30

Rightio here goes - My niece turns 10 in March (I feel SO old) and my sister wants to take her somewhere - well I suggested Thorpe because my niece is a bit of a little thrillseeker and loves watching vids of coaster and such online (she said to me the other week "I watched a POV of Stealth :D ).

Anyway, as it will be her 10th my sister was thinking along the lines of taking her away - she has looked into Disneyland Paris but told me some ridiculous price for it - so was just wondering, because a lot of you here have been to DLP, are there any reasonable deals or good places to stay? I went back in 2000 with college and stayed in one of the disney hotels but they are a tad expensive. I realllllly want to go again but damned passport has expired plus I am poor.

I suggested that Alton Towers might be better for cost but my sister is umming and ahhing at the moment and nieces birthday is less than two months away - so any suggestions would be great!

Cheers

There are a few partner hotels by DLP which are serviced to the train station/Disney Village via free buses... I think you can look at them on the official booking website, but I cannot remember (mainly because sod staying at one of them again, but when money is an issue, tis worth it)...

Towers have got a 35% off deal going atm... Worth checking that, and will probably work out a lot cheaper than DLP due to transport (Eurostar prices </3)...

But at the end it's probably down to personal preference... Gonna miss the new stuff at both parks (Ratatouille opening later this year, unconfirmed when) so it doesn't really matter where you go...

Well it turns out that she has booked DLP for 2 weeks time - am a tad jealous to say the least. She is going on a weekend and worried that it will be busy but I have no idea because I went during a weekday all those years ago.

On the plus side, closer to my nieces birthday I should be able to take her to Thorpe Park :D

As long as you plan your day properly, DLP should be a piece of cake. Even when queues look long such as Crush's Coaster spilling out of the entrance and Pirates of the Caribbean queuing outside, these queues barely take more then half an hour. Utilising Thunder Mountain and Tower of Terror fast pass makes the day even easier.

A few of us went last weekend and whilst there were queues, they were pretty minimal and enjoyable by Disney standard. This is the off season after all. :)

Thanks for the info Mark - sister has never been to DLP - I went just the once 14 years ago (desperate to go back lol) - will tell her to try and plan her day, she is leaving on the Friday evening and will have the Saturday and Sunday in the parks (although only until 4pm on the Sunday). She is staying at Hotel Cheyenne (same hotel I stayed at!) and said that you get in earlier if you stay within the resort? Not sure if this is accurate as my sister gets confused at times - I think it runs in the family!

From what you say it sounds like you had a good time over there so I hope that my niece enjoys it :D

Magic Hours do exist in the Magic Kingdom park, in Discoveryland and Fantasyland, which means half the park can be done in a morning before the plebs arrive...

Then you can position yourself to join the massive crowd to BTM...

As for Crush's Coaster, I did maintain that it should be ridden first, though I'm not too sure about the affect of Toy Story Land on it on a busy day these days... It could well be that it's settled as I've had to queue the 90 minutes with the whole thing full... Not fun...