What Was The First Big Coaster You Went On In The UK

slendercat

If by 'big coaster' you mean a 1.4m coaster, then my first 3 were:

1) X:\No Way Out

2) Colossus

3) Nemesis Inferno

To be honest, no entirely sure about the order of Colossus and Inferno (did all 3 of those coasters on the same day - oh to finally be 1.4m!), but it sounds about right.

If by 'big coaster' you mean (one of) a park's major coasters, then stick Antelope at Gulliver's World as the first on that list. :P

I really have no idea, I wish I did.

I would guess either Space Station Zero (Fish!) or some fairly crappy unmemorable pile at an early Pleasurewood Hills may have been first, but they're not big.

'Roller Coaster' at Great Yarmouth was probably one of the first bigger ones, or Scenic Railway at BemBom Brothers (Dreamland).

Mine obviously pre date the bigger (now) Merlin coasters so those were the biggest around at the time. I would guess Corkscrew would have been my first inversion or maybe Thunderlooper, I'm not sure I was tall enough for Corkscrew on earlier visits to Alton before Thunder Looper turned up. The Alton Beast seemed huge when I first rode it, that was probably really early on.

Asking the question has made me want to know, I'll ask my Dad, see if he can remember!

I'm not too sure what my first big ride was in general, was probably one of Florida Disney rides in 2003 (I think I did Thunder Mountain etc that year). If not, February 2005 for sure when I did all the Disney World coasters (except Rock n Rollercoaster), Gwazi at Busch and if it hadn't broken down Scorpion which would have been my first inverting ride. But later in 2005 I did my first inverting coaster which like many others was Nemesis Inferno.

So in response to the topic question, my first big coaster in the UK was Nemesis Inferno.

Hmmm.. my first big ride.. I'd say big ticket attraction.

Therefore.. Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom). Or Thunder Mountain Railroad if you wanna be boring.

First inverting? Inferno.

Edit: Oh crumbs, UK. Awkward. First big one would have to be X then, if we're saying 1.4m = big.

You will go on Rock Rage but you wont go on Rush??? rock rage if anything is 10 times worse

For ages I vowed to never do Rush or Slammer (due to the restraints) - but finally got the courage to do Rush towards end of season - yeah it is lap bars but they secure really tight - you HAVE to try it :D

Back on topic -

First coaster (powered) - Runaway train CWOA

First coaster - Vampire CWOA

First inverted coaster - Space Mountain DLP