Annual Pass Day

jom222

Thorpe Park have confirmed the following are available this weekend, so if a ride (like X) is not list, it is not operating:

https://www.thorpepark.com/events-experiences/events/annual-pass-preview-weekend/

The available rides for the Preview weekend are:

-          THE SWARM

-          SAW – The Ride

-          Stealth

-          Colossus

-          Nemesis Inferno

-          Vortex

-          Storm Surge

-          Quantum

-          Zodiac

-          Rocky Express

-          Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride

-          Storm in a Teacup

-          Flying Fish

-          Depth Charge

-          ANGRY BIRDS 4D

-          King Pig's Wild Hog Dodgems

Seriously I'm super confused now, I simply put the assumption that X would be closed because of it. If it isn't because of the dark ride then there's something up meaning the ride can't operate.

you just can't freaking win!

That's what confused me, you said you were 'absolutely certain', but in reality you were assuming :P

Just wanted to get that clarified because I thought I was missing some big piece of information

It's a shame that so many rides are closed, however I don't know the engineering schedules nor how much maintenence the rides receive or are due. The whole confusion as to what is actually opening is mildly annoying but I'm going anyway so I shan't even attempt to complain.

I also don't understand why some people are doubting or trying to go against what Dan has been saying (not necessarily in or even limited to this topic), it's evident that he knows what he's talking about for whatever reason and you're just looking silly. :)

If the park has around 1/3 of its rides unavailable, then personally I think they ought not to open the park and instead concentrate on getting it ready to open properly.

More often than not, these annual pass days seem to almost 'mock' the loyalty of annual pass holders with a sub-standard theme park operation at both Thorpe Park and Chessington.

It certainly doesn't entice me down from the midlands.

:)

Hopefully they have limited tickets based on the number of rides unavailable.  I think that the only way this would actually be a "bonus" for annual passholders (as that's what it's supposed to be) was if there were really short queues, as otherwise it's just a day at the park with lots of rides closed.

They probably won't release the capacity because people will either:

-complain that the number sounds too large

-complain that the number isn't reached so they could have gotten in

So it would probably end up being a lose-lose.

I don't get why people are doubting that Thorpe will limit capacity appropriately.  Whenever they've send that they are limiting numbers for an event (especially ones with reduced line ups like Feb half term and Summer Nights), numbers have indeed been limited and the queues have certainly been fine.  Why the need for the over-the-top worrying and questioning of it?  It just seems odd to me...

I don't get why people are doubting that Thorpe will limit capacity appropriately.  Whenever they've send that they are limiting numbers for an event (especially ones with reduced line ups like Feb half term and Summer Nights), numbers have indeed been limited and the queues have certainly been fine.  Why the need for the over-the-top worrying and questioning of it?  It just seems odd to me...

yeah but feb half term was never full... and never was any of the summer nights as far as I'm aware, so... it's not odd to question it.

I remember the first Summer Nights I went to being busier than I would have hoped for, with two train operation it would have been fine.

The thing is, previous annual pass days haven't needed to rely on the park being quiet to be good because they were pretty much a full park offering, what I'm getting at is that unless it's going to be quiet, the mindset of people there is probably going to be "what's the point when I could just come next week with the whole park open?"