Annual Pass Day

jom222

I'm still confused as to why they didn't originally release there would be up to 10 rides closed?

I understand they may have expected them to be open, however if maintenance wasn't finished why did they advertise Detonator, X, Loggers Leap and Rush as all open when in reality they aren't ready.

It's fustrating to see that there is a huge lack of communication and preparation between departments in the park and I am highly confident that most guests will be visiting expecting only 4 rides closed to find up to 8 unavalible.

yeah but feb half term was never full... and never was any of the summer nights as far as I'm aware, so... it's not odd to question it.

That a fair point; didn't think of it that way.  

The way I see it is they still had limits put on them and were designed to be events that would be quiet - fingers crossed this weekend will show that even a full quiet event will still be quiet!

If they had the same entry limits as half term I won't complain, the longest we waited for swarm was 10 minutes.

Having never been to one of these pass holder days before, my concern is there will be more people there than a regular March saturday afternoon, with everybody turning up thinking it's some exclusive day just for them. We live close enough that it won't be an issue if it's packed, we'll just come home as we have an inset day trip planned with our son later in the month (that happens to be only two surrey schools doing inset that day yay) but for someone who's travelled special from the other end of the country for their 'exclusive event' I can't see them being pleased if they've over allocated capacity.

The weather is going to be good too BTW, best it's been for months, I said to the Mrs last weekend I wished it had been then, since it was pouring lol.

I just stand worried that there will be long queues with good weather, 8 rides closed, potential one train operations and a handful of annual pass holders desperate to get in as many rides as possible.

As tickets for both days are fully booked, I'm worried that if there are slow operations, waiting times could be ridiculously long(for an AP day) if there are one train operations. Also with only opening times of 10am-4pm, most people will be relying on short queues to get everything done.

Another concern is that the capacity was originally made thinking X,Detonator, Rush and Loggers Leap will be open, and this will result in other rides being that much busier this weekend.

Fingers crossed for the best anyway, I hope it's going to be a good day out!

I just stand worried that there will be long queues with good weather, 8 rides closed, potential one train operations and a handful of annual pass holders desperate to get in as many rides as possible.

As tickets for both days are fully booked, I'm worried that if there are slow operations, waiting times could be ridiculously long(for an AP day) if there are one train operations. Also with only opening times of 10am-4pm, most people will be relying on short queues to get everything done.

Another concern is that the capacity was originally made thinking X,Detonator, Rush and Loggers Leap will be open, and this will result in other rides being that much busier this weekend.

Fingers crossed for the best anyway, I hope it's going to be a good day out!

You could just go a week later if the concern is really that burning. It's likely to be a quiet a week later anyway as there's always a period of quiet before the main season kicks in. 

Also expect the Swarm queue line to close at 4pm, once the queue line is empty there's a VIP event both days.

I know a few posts in here said they might extend to 5pm if it's busy but for the Swarm they won't.

I won't be impressed if they do this, they should work around guests already on the park for additional VIP activities.

I won't be impressed if they do this, they should work around guests already on the park for additional VIP activities.

The park is open 10 till 4... they are perfectly within their rights to run a private event after this. 

If they open any rides later its a bonus. 

That's what they are doing though, isn't it?

No where have they said they'll keep Swarm open later if it's busy, and neither are they obliged to. Indeed, the reason why they kept it open to 5 last year was because of a mistake on their behalf.

During February Half term the last train of stealth left the station about 4:15 even though it was walk on the last half hour. Also on Swarm during summer nights we got extra rides as the last train was at 10:20pm even though it was a 10pm closing time.

A lot of the time thorpe actually open their rides until after the supposed closing times however they aren't particularly good with opening rides on time. If queues will be closing bang on 4pm, I am expecting rides to be open at 10am latest unlike during the fright nights preview when the park opened 30mins late.

I can't make next weekend and am sure I will have a good day out either way, I am just hoping there are good operations to make it that much better. Will be going in two weeks for the opening of IAC anyway...

(If it's busy I highly suspect they will CONSIDER opening some rides for an extra 30-60mins especially if everything is on one train operation resulting in long queues)

This is what annoys me at times - the park regularly do these little extra things like stay open a bit longer, and yet instead of them getting praise for it, they get attacked when they don't do it.

Ride queues close at 4 this weekend. Anything past that is a bonus.

Thorpe doesn't open officially until March 12th. Any opening before that is a bonus.

The park is open 10 till 4... they are perfectly within their rights to run a private event after this. 

If they open any rides later its a bonus. 

Oops I read that wrong, I meant closing the queue early so that they can start the VIP thing straight after the park closes but that's not the case  :lol:

Our Saturday ones on eventbrite have gone too, but you can still print them from the reminder email they sent out Thursday, they're attached as well as available via a link.

Plus my inbox is full of emails reminding me it's M/TPAP holders only, and anybody not in receipt of a M/TPAP and pre-booked tickets will be turned away.