Annual Pass Day

jom222

Today a full third of the line up was closed for the majority of the day, it's hardly surprising that people are going to post negative comments as a result. 

Though in some cases it seems that after nearly a decade of mediocrity expectations are now rock bottom and people are easily impressed as a result.

On a normal park operations day, I'd agree, but many parks may still consider preview events such as this 'practice' for their staff, including the likes of engineers and mechanics, which can lead to a massive amount of disruption in rides opening up. Pre season events such as this have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm not defending the park, I do believe that the park should've got more rides open, but then again I also am trying to appreciate the fact that there may be unheard circumstance that have effected the ride lineup beyond repair.

Really good day at Thorpe Park today, much better staff than last year, operations generally good (aside Colossus on one train, X on two caused a 60 minute queue at one point) A lot of families in the park, even had to queue 20 minutes for the Flying Fish with my little one when Swarm was walk on. I would call this a successful weekend.

Was told by social media, staff around the park and signs aroung the park that coasters would only be open till 4pm today, however they turned out to be open till 4:30pm which was amazing! Everything was walk on from around 3pm as well, with virtually no one walking around in the park after 4pm.

Operations were pretty good today, with the exceptions of Colossus and X. X was only running two cars which led to a 60minute queue and colosuss was only on one meaning front row queue was a nightmare! The staff were being friendly around the park and it opened slightly early and closed after advertised time as well which was great.

Overall a great day out with a decent selection of rides open and relatively good operations and low queue times. Only downside was the park looked like a massive construction site, there were cranes, scaffolding, temporary fences and construction fences everywhere.

It's not a massive let down to the park however the general look of the park could look much better; especially when it opens for the main season. Opposing this though, there were some great touch ups around the park so individual rides look good however general park appearance will hopefully improve after I'm a Celebrity opens...

I am impressed with some of the touch ups that have happened around the park, such as Depth Charge, Stealth's signage, the new Pizza Pasta and various other things, however a lot of areas still look very tired!  Also, the fire was still the only effect working on The Swarm, which is disappointing.

We left the park at four and asked the man on the way out what time it closed and he told us 4, so not very impressed about that as I could have got more rides in!  Poor communication there.

Some pics I took:

Celebs attraction entrance, you can see the mini on the right hand side, so it's not part of the actual thing, just parked outside.

celeb.jpg

Any idea on what these towers are?

towers.jpg

I took some photo's of all the saw merchandise too, who was it that was asking?

Got on both X (what's the point of a rollercoaster in the dark?) and Loggers Leap - got the wife soaked so mission acomplished :)