Annual Pass Day

jom222

Does anyone know how I should go about securing a place on the AP event for the Saturday? I have just bought a new annual pass in which I will be collecting on the 15th, the problem I am having is that I cannot get tickets on the eventbrite website because I do not yet have a pass number? :unsure:

Did you previously have an annual pass? If so just use your old annual pass number and bring your old one on the day, and then either buy or collect your new one on the day. I have emailed Thorpe Park and they have confirmed with me that this is ok :)

Just getting your money's worth out of lunch then.

I blame Saw as we had the most horrific ride on Saw - then straight onto Colossus which was rough as hell - was feeling a bit rough in the queue for Quantum and had to dash to vomit - although not a great deal came out as I didn't eat much at lunch. Nearly chundered at the train station aswell - other than that - fab day! :lol:

I blame Saw as we had the most horrific ride on Saw - then straight onto Colossus ........ feeling a bit rough in the queue for Quantum and had to dash to vomit - although not a great deal came out as I didn't eat much at lunch. Nearly chundered at the train station aswell - other than that - fab day! :lol:

A real up and down day all round then.

The park receives a big "Hmmmmm" from me today...

Operational standards were naturally, not great, but a lot of that being clearly down to new staff... However, 1 train op on Inferno (which opened late), Colossus and 1 arm Rush is a bit meh and unhelpful...

Confusion reigned on Swarm first thing with the Fastrack queue open instead of the main queue, and especially so on Rumba with people using both the normal and Fastrack queues, leading to a clusterbuggery at the merge point...

Felt like Calypso BBQ took forever to get food, maybe the new Wetherspoons method of ordering compared to the old days...

Samurai and Slammer both having work done to it... Didn't look at Zodiac because that required more effort than it was worth...

X now looks like Rock n Roller Coaster in Paris... S'ok, a rather brightly polished turd it's become now... If they could find a way to get the lighting sequenced to 1) specific cars, and 2) to go off as the cars go around rather than at random, then it would become solid enough for what it is...

Lots of families today... Meant most big rides had no queues (bar the 1 train Inferno and Colossus)...

I didn't know Angry Birds was set in Balamory... Looks pretty weird tbh... Det's new sign-posts are the quality to expect I reckon, so it will look pretty damn bland and lacking in soul (much like the new style clean branding, which still needs to take over the whole place, though what will soon be Peckish looks exactly like the place I had lunch at Southend earlier this year)...

Overall, not exactly enthralled or disappointed... Just non-plussed about it all...

Perhaps the new Detonator sign will be updated as the angry birds theme is put in place? I thought it looked good but I agree slightly bland, this could easily be because Thorpe are trying to avoid angry birds theming!!!

Rush did have two arms going at some points, perhaps an issue developed later on???

Zodiac also got up and running later on although not with guests riding it; a shame that these tests couldn't have been tried the week before.

The Cantina extension, new signs and park map points all looked good. Nice weather and not a bad day in the end ... Nice to have the extra hour too :D

It's clear that the new giant wooden blocks will be finished to coincide with the opening of Angry Birds Land (though I'm so bemused by the idea that these areas now have to open mid-season, I blame Smiler), but that's the level of theming we'll be getting in Balamory, then it'll be lovely, bland and corporate...

The Merlin ideal in a nutshell...

Yeah was surprised to see zodiac open with a hour or so to go. Inferno also went up to 2 trains at around 2 ish - apparently one was making a rarther loud noise yesterday! Noticed it seems to have new lights on the back of the cars to do with the restraints I guess - not seen them before !

Really like the changes on X - thought it was good last year but think its even better now - really liked that!

I thought the AP day yesterday was good, compared to my previous AP day experiences a few years ago!

Apart from Slammer and Samurai being closed all day, I did lots.

They eventually brought 2 trains out onto Swarm and Nemesis Inferno, although I still don't understand why Thorpe doesn't OPEN rides on two trains... Swarm had quite the queue in the morning considering the fact there were only around 6,000 guests in the park.

Stealth being on one train was not good either, as the queue was consistently around 30 minutes.

But other than that, enjoyed it.

:)

Today Swarm had two trains from the start :) Colossus only ran one, Stealth on 2. Park was quiet for what day it was! Queues were nothing :) Everything was pretty much walk on!

Slammer was being tested and Samurai had no life at all, with no one working on it either.

:)

I and my other half had a fantastic day at Thorpe.. I was expecting breakdowns galore however, maybe due to how we worked the park, We arrived at 10 prompt and stayed till about 3:30. The staff I found to be extremely helpful and friendly. Operations on Stealth and Swarm where exceptionally fast all day, Nemesis Inferno was only running one train and opened late. Saw was giving very varying rides with some cars extremely smooth and some headache inducing. Colossus still riding like the wheels are 50p piece shaped... I shall no longer be riding as the headache I had afterwards was ridiculous.

The park was amazingly quiet I was expecting it to be rammed but Thorpe got it just right with there number of tickets. Literally didnt queue for more than about 5 minutes for most things except Nemesis Inferno but even that was only about 20 mins.

All in all a good preview day obv lots of effects etc not working but that is to be expected also had time to take a lot of pics and generally have a slow paced day with lots of rides.

Ride Count

Swarm 6

Stealth 6

Nemesis Inferno 1

Saw 3

Colossus 1

Loggers Leap 1

Got to the park at about 9:40 today, got my new annual pass and then was straight in the park at about 9:50. Had a brilliant today and had an amazing ride count, bearing in mind we didn't rush around the park. Both rides on Colossus today were really smooth, I think the smoothest time I've ever ridden on it. I rode on either row 4 or 5 not sure. 1st ride on saw was really smooth but the last 2 were quite rough, the rough car was number 7 ;) Vortex wasn't great and Rush was running awfully in the morning, well the second swing was anyway and it was really out of sync. In the after noon it was only running 1 swing. Loved the improvements on X but did think the older music was better. The lazer behind you as you are going up the lift hill is really good! Shame Slammer wasn't open:'(

Ride Count

Colossus X2

Saw X3

Rush X1

Loggers X1

Tidal wave X4

Flying carpet X1

Vortex X1

Detonator X8 (We were going for 10 but then they closed it early)

Swarm X2

Stealth X3

X X2

Nemesis- Lost count, stayed on from 4:30 till 5

Stealth being on one train was not good either, as the queue was consistently around 30 minutes.

On two occasions yesterday my Stealth queue was no more than 15 minutes, nor did it get advertised as 15 minutes, so I'm sorry to say I struggle to know where you got 30 minutes consistently from; maybe you hit it at an unlucky time?

Yeah yesterday inferno was really!!! It was clearly creeping a few people out :/ Didnt sound like a ride that had been well checked and maintained over winter!!!

Yesterday one Inferno train was making a weird noise, but it seemed to go by the afternoon after it had closed; but then in the afternoon it was running two trains so maybe I hit lucky on the second ride to get the other train. Personally it sounded more like a flat spot on a wheel, where it was clunking as it rolled.

1st ride on saw was really smooth but the last 2 were quite rough, the rough car was number 7 ;)

Yesterday I rode SAW twice; in the morning I felt the jolt at the bottom of the drop and that was it; and it surprised me because I normally don't notice it. Then in the afternoon I was on car 6, and it made me think "If this is what people feel this is like, all the time, then I understand why they hate it". It truly was two of the rougher and one of the roughest rides I've had on SAW, to a degree that even I didn't want to go again; and it was surprising for the start of the year. The only way I could refer to it was my first ride was (what I call) like riding it at Fright Nights last year, where it's a bit worn out; and the second being on par with Colossus for me.

I chucked up after Rush on the Stealth photoshoot trip last year, but no-one noticed :lol:

I expect to see a nice patch of foliage where I have fertilised the ground in the area with the finest Amity Kebab.

I remember you saying about that - how did no-one notice? Mind you, with me I kinda made a dash for the bin near to Quantum but I don't think many people saw :P