John Wardley Event

Marc

3. How is the Q & A planned out.

- People will be asked if they have any questions

- No one will want to go first so there will be a long awkward silence

- Eventually people will ask questions and they'll be the same ones asked a thousand times before.

I joke. But having a couple of unusual or well thought out questions is probably a good idea because a lot of the stuff that crops up at these things is just embarrassing, geeks with rage about something.

So wish I could get this off work, but no. Someone take a camcorder!

I would like to know...

-When Chessington, Nemesis and Katanga was being planned and developed was there loads of market research like has to happen today before anything is funded, or were people like him and others involved simply trusted to do what was right? If, as I suspect, it's the latter...

-Are there people within Merlin / the industry that are given that sort of trust and freedom today

-Does he think the need to prove that things through market research rather than trusting the creative people leads to mediocrity?

I would like to know...

-When Chessington, Nemesis and Katanga was being planned and developed was there loads of market research like has to happen today before anything is funded, or were people like him and others involved simply trusted to do what was right? If, as I suspect, it's the latter...

-Are there people within Merlin / the industry that are given that sort of trust and freedom today

-Does he think the need to prove that things through market research rather than trusting the creative people leads to mediocrity?

This guy seems to one of the main ones designing for Chessington http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/17/busch-gardens-mark-rose-designing-roller-coasters-is-one-hell-of-a-ride-4304595/

Has there been confirmation of when this event will start and where we should go?

Have I missed an email or have Thorpe just not told us?

When I called and booked mine, I asked when and where it starts and I was told to be at the entrance by 10 AM with my reference number.

If anyone else has more information about this event, please share.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well I recorded everything I was allowed to... But they wouldn't let us film in infernos work shop. Oh well! I believe most questions requested were asked by one person or another... I'll try and upload the videos tonight!

That's awesome thank you! How many people got to go up one of the lift hills and which lift hill was it?

Uh... Well... Uh...

I think Smidge won the lift hill raffle, and it wasn't today. I think she also gets to choose when shes doing the walk, and what lift shes doing (Colossus, inferno or swarm).

She got 2 tickets too.

Oh fair enough. It said 'On the day' so I assumed about 5 or so people would of been able to do the lift hill on the day.

Well.. If its okay... (Don't want any infringements or arguements or anything, we all got on alright today...) Heres the group pic. I edited myself into it because I am socially unable to make good conversations at the start of meets.. So most of these guys didn't even know who I was until after it all xD.

Heres the pic:

1GlJ9ol.png

lovely, right? Great day out guys, gonna try and upload the Q&A vid tonight. I'll be sure to come to another meet soon.

Didn't get the chance to meet up properly with everyone today, (wish I could but my family were with me all day) as I kept on bumping into everyone a few times, but still had a great time meeting you all during the event!

(In case anyone is wondering who the strange person furthest on the left is, that's me). :wacko:

Can I say thanks again for the great opportunity to all that helped organise this event. And I probably saw a lot of members on here without realising!

It was a fantastic day out and an unexpectedly touching experience talking to John Wardley. I really enjoyed it and hope he had a good day too. He certainly took a lot of selfies at the end of the day.

• 3 weeks later...